News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match OFF

Author Topic: Match OFF  (Read 3647 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Match OFF
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 11:51:00 AM »

Need to protect the vulnerbale and let it run through everyone else. Can't be living like this for months.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 12:22:29 PM »

Several Tier 3 players in the squad and plus two suspected cases; I just hope other clubs are as stringent as we are being and not just getting games on to pick up more points to boost their PPG average.

I'd be disappointed if our players aren't doing all they can to protect themselves between games, and have caught it out on the piss or having gatherings over 6 - rather than picking it up from an opposition player.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 12:30:01 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 12:45:31 PM »

Several Tier 3 players in the squad and plus two suspected cases; I just hope other clubs are as stringent as we are being and not just getting games on to pick up more points to boost their PPG average.

I'd be disappointed if our players aren't doing all they can to protect themselves between games, and have caught it out on the piss or having gatherings over 6 - rather than picking it up from an opposition player.

They also have day jobs. I don't think it's limited to negligence on their part.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 01:15:00 PM »

Nik

They also have day jobs. I don't think it's limited to negligence on their part.

Correct. They're only as strong as the weakest link in their circle of contacts, so to speak.

AltyFan101

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 02:35:09 PM »

Need to protect the vulnerbale and let it run through everyone else. Can't be living like this for months.

Let's say one of the players lives with an elderly/vulnerable family member, then what?   

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 03:57:26 PM »

Let's say one of the players lives with an elderly/vulnerable family member, then what?

Then that player shouldn't be playing contact sport. I bloody love footy but if I was risking a family member then I would stop. Don't forget fit players may not even show symptoms so such living arrangements would be irresponsible.

This will go on and on unless we protect the vulnerable, which your example wouldn't be 'protecting' and let the rest of us be exposed so that we can build immunity.

They should at least be allowing 1,000 supporters into the stadium. Doesn't appear to be hurting Germany.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 04:29:39 PM »

I think the club are behaving correctly. Unfortunately its bound to have a knock on effect in terms of match fitness. Perhaps its good that first match back will be the FA cup.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2020, 08:36:47 PM »

I think the club are behaving correctly. Unfortunately its bound to have a knock on effect in terms of match fitness. Perhaps its good that first match back will be the FA cup.

When's the draw?! Presumably 3q quite soon.

I seem to remember my Scottish team Aberdeen had some players who went drinking in Glasgow after a match there and ended up testing positive.I suspect that it is a tad unrealistic in the circumstances to expect young men who are not medically trained or anything to refrain indefinitely from doing what young men do.

(See the ot thread for where we might be going with all this).

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2020, 09:03:49 PM »

Boston have withdrawn from the FA Cup - due to first team being in isolation.

https://nonleaguedaily.com/boston-united-withdraw-from-fa-cup/#:~:text=Boston%20United%20say%20they%20have,with%20Guiseley%20at%20the%20weekend.

Kettering Town have also withdrawn, due to the same issue.

I doubt Alty are going to be the only team struggling to fulfil matches. At least it appears the league games can be rescheduled.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2020, 09:42:10 PM »

Exactly. Ave age of C19 death: 81-82

As for passing it on to oldies: I would imagine most ppl have a degree of intelligence and common sense, but also remember that over 90% of positive tests are asymptomatic/false/residual from having the virus weeks or months before and the vast majority of 2nd tests come out negative.

I hope, of course,  these players and their closest stay safe and well and appreciate the measures taken.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 09:45:52 PM by JD »
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match OFF