News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Big month coming up!

Author Topic: Big month coming up!  (Read 3508 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Big month coming up!
« on: February 25, 2009, 12:50:29 PM »

March is shaping up to be a very big month if you look at the fixture list (league games only):

Kettering (a)
Grays (a)

Then:

Torquay (H)
Weymouth (H)
Forest Green (H)
Crawley (H)

This run of 4 consecutive home games, all of which are winnable, could launch us to safety well before Easter is upon us, and that would make for such an enjoyable last month of the season!
Come on Alty!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Big month coming up!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 01:16:09 PM »

i think we will be rather disappointed if we dont beat weymouth

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 01:20:24 PM »

I have told my mate here at work 63 points for Alty this season and i do believe its very do able for the club.
Harold

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 02:33:46 PM »

Surely we are safe already as Lewes want to go down and severe problems at Vics, Weymouth, Oxford, FGR and Salisbury to name but a few. Half the division is insolvent so we shouldn't be too stressed.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 02:40:16 PM »

Surely we are safe already as Lewes want to go down and severe problems at Vics, Weymouth, Oxford, FGR and Salisbury to name but a few. Half the division is insolvent so we shouldn't be too stressed.

We could already have enough points in the bag ... but I wouldn't like to bet on it!

Lewes and Vics are gone, Weymouth surely will be a third, so that only leaves one more - probably Woking. All those others will have to wait for next season.

Actually, at the start of recent seasons I've always started out with the point of view  "which four teams can we realistically have a chance of finishing higher than?" But next year there seem to be quite a few candidates lining up - and with us improving significantly in the bargain, I'm feeling more chipper than I have for a long time!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 03:42:42 PM »

Complacency is our biggest enemy.
Come on Alty!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 03:46:36 PM »

Defo, we were tenth in early March one seaon and still went down.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 04:00:34 PM »

Defo, we were tenth in early March one seaon and still went down.

We only got 46 points from 42 matches that year ... we've got 43 already and still 15 games to go!
I'm really not trying to be too cocky about the situation, but Cheer up folks  ;D ;D ;D ;D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 08:48:40 PM »

I want us to stay up on our own merit this season im sick of being told how lucky we are to be in the B.S.C

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 08:52:38 PM »

Even by our standards, not to stay up from here off our own bat would be a monumental cock up, I am soooooo looking forward to going to Cambridge on the last day and being able to get drunk without pressing refresh on my phone every 2 minutes to find out the other scores.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 10:53:58 PM »

agreed. i was going to post about this the other night but thought i would get a monumental slagging.
we are in a brilliant position and in reality there is only one relegation slot to avoid. i can see one or two sides going on a run but not all of them

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 12:10:01 AM »

March is shaping up to be a very big month if you look at the fixture list (league games only):

Kettering (a)
Grays (a)

Then:

Torquay (H)
Weymouth (H)
Forest Green (H)
Crawley (H)

This run of 4 consecutive home games, all of which are winnable, could launch us to safety well before Easter is upon us, and that would make for such an enjoyable last month of the season!

after these 6 games i predict us to be on about 55-57 points and shorely BSP football at Moss Lane next season. I also presume our GD to be positive with only 7 goals to knock off we should do it easily. Bring on Cambridge set for a fantastic weekend.

Narcissist

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 12:11:27 PM »

Kettering (a)
Grays (a)

Then:

Torquay (H)
Weymouth (H)
Forest Green (H)
Crawley (H)

after these 6 games i predict us to be on about 55-57 points and shorely BSP football at Moss Lane next season. I also presume our GD to be positive with only 7 goals to knock off we should do it easily. Bring on Cambridge set for a fantastic weekend.

I cant believe im saying this, but SPOT ON!

I think we can expect around 12 points from those fixtures. Forget safety, now we should think about staying in the top 12, nothing less.

gunners11

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 10:36:42 PM »

right stevenage on saturday iam going 2-1 to alty

kettering draw
grays     win

torquay draw
weymouth win
forest green rovers win
crawley town win 

then next season we should be looking for promotion to league 2

crossie

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 10:49:01 PM »

then next season we should be looking for promotion to league 2

In your dream mate! A couple of things;
1)  Lets see where abouts we finished this season before we plan ahead. We are still in potential danger of that 4th relagation spot, we need to concentrate on getting the results from out next couple of home games to ensure safety.
2) If we were to finish 13th this season, i think the following season we would have to look at a 13th place or above.
3) The club is not made of money. To get into the league, we would have to go full time and have sufficient funds to support a season in league 2.

Burton will be in the football league next year, how many years of solid football did they have to play before they saw the rewards?

Nevertheless

Stevenage will be a difficult game, however, decent croud of the 900 faithful getting behind the lads and i could see us getting a draw.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Big month coming up!