PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Coalville Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Coalville Match Thread  (Read 15723 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Coalville Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2017, 06:00:21 PM »

I believe the party had security with them and police were free.
I agree that the club needs to report back to fans on this whole thing, we deserve to know the full facts BEFORE any more hysterical social media over-reactions.

It may well be that this was going to be a big money earner with no down side,.. not so sure myself now actually if some brought their own beer?

So we're a cute/ironic day out now rather than an actual functioning senior male football club? I despair at this place, I don't care if they got a few pints, how many of the already despondent "bread and butter" will finally turn it in after this latest dumbing down of OUR football club remains to be seen. Deary me.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2017, 06:07:35 PM »

I agree that the club needs to report back to fans on this whole thing, we deserve to know the full facts BEFORE any more hysterical social media over-reactions.

It may well be that this was going to be a big money earner with no down side,.. not so sure myself now actually if some brought their own beer?

Ok then if the had police and security with them they were a risk group and i'm surprised if the police were free.
So to matches into the new season we have now had police at the ground doesn't look good does it.

Again Darren, a man of your experience should base views on facts, we dont have them yet do we.

Thats what I hate about social media, half truths and opinions all the time. And I know you are someone who does know his stuff and I respect your views normally.

The facts speak for them self.........if they were a harmless bunch of away fans why extra security and police???
@AltyDaz

andrewflynn

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2017, 06:36:23 PM »

So we're a cute/ironic day out now rather than an actual functioning senior male football club? I despair at this place, I don't care if they got a few pints, how many of the already despondent "bread and butter" will finally turn it in after this latest dumbing down of OUR football club remains to be seen. Deary me.

Families with young kids having to wade through pissed up males chanting about gear. Unreal.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2017, 06:41:02 PM »

I'm told only paying fans got into the stadium and upto £1000 taken at the bar and security in place to keep an eye on things,.. cant see what the fuss is about ???

They all paid? So you are suggesting there wasn't much more than 450 home fans in the ground for a Saturday BH league game in the August sun?
Wow. This anti-Rowley boycott is really starting to bite.

andrewflynn

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2017, 06:44:05 PM »

Very true. Interested to know if Pieman was at the game. I'm adamant he wouldn't be saying such things if he experienced that bar at half time. It was an accident waiting to happen.

Anyway, get in boys. Not a team in this league that will outscore us if we are full throttle. Thought JJ changed it from the bench. Well done lads.

Yes Andrew I was there, a few gobby kids but security and police present and nothing actually happened, having said that it does pose the question was it worth it for what money we took?
I think the club should report back on this before a decision is made to do it again.

You are absolutely delusional.

Nothing happened? Smashed glass all over the men's bogs and a broken table. 20-30 clobbered up lads waiting for a vocal Alty retaliation? Wake up.

These lads didn't pay a bean to get in. Came through the CSH side entrance, supped largely from their own tins then f**ked off after we put out a public announcement that their coach was outside.

Are we some laughable stop on the way for have a go idiots who want to run riot? I noticed one 'bouncer' type but only at half time, proving once again that we do things reactively rather than proactively.

If we are serious about trouncing this league we need to have a very prompt reevaluation of how we organise our match days. It's simply not acceptable to have that sort of atmosphere in a home bar at any point during the game.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2017, 07:10:44 PM »

I'm told only paying fans got into the stadium and upto £1000 taken at the bar and security in place to keep an eye on things,.. cant see what the fuss is about ???

They all paid? So you are suggesting there wasn't much more than 450 home fans in the ground for a Saturday BH league game in the August sun?
Wow. This anti-Rowley boycott is really starting to bite.

A week off 13 months since I've been to Moss Lane.

This sort of rubbish is not helping me come back
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

arnald

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2017, 07:16:55 PM »

No one expected  them I guess ,,,, when Sunderland  went to man united the fans were welcome and we're no problem

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2017, 07:27:44 PM »

I talk about the match on this thread.

Superb opening 20 mins and could have been 4 clear. Let them back in with what was a decent strike but Taylor and Moult could have broke the attack. 2nd was another decent strike, but when the keeper gets beats twice from 25 yards I worry.

Loved going 3 at the back and going for the win. Johnson caused mayhem when he came on and Thompson made 2 great saves. Poole was man of the match for me.
Full time and proud of it

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2017, 07:40:15 PM »

I don't go in the CSH any more....it's becoming a potentially dangerous environment.

More important matters. We played well for about 22 minutes at the start, and about 15 minutes at the end. 37 out of 90+ isn't really good enough and we could have lost to a spirited but limited side.

Johnston simply HAS to start. He terrorised them when he came on.

I've been quite scathing about Jordan Hulme. Today he continued with the improvement he showed against Whitby. Never stopped grafting and should have got MOM. Actually 4 or 5 others deserved it more than Taylor.

We play a top 3 club away on Monday. We MUST come back with AT LEAST a point.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2017, 07:57:04 PM »

Snork and Pukka, I've removed a number of your posts. Personal abuse not on. Both of you know the score, hope you understand.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2017, 08:04:45 PM »

I don't go in the CSH any more....it's becoming a potentially dangerous environment.

More important matters. We played well for about 22 minutes at the start, and about 15 minutes at the end. 37 out of 90+ isn't really good enough and we could have lost to a spirited but limited side.

Johnston simply HAS to start. He terrorised them when he came on.

I've been quite scathing about Jordan Hulme. Today he continued with the improvement he showed against Whitby. Never stopped grafting and should have got MOM. Actually 4 or 5 others deserved it more than Taylor.

We play a top 3 club away on Monday. We MUST come back with AT LEAST a point.

Agree with most of that. Coalville played their part in an enjoyable game (on the field of play, at least) and were perhaps a bit unlucky to lose by a two goal margin. We seemed to have a poor spell when John Disney was on the pitch, but I am sure that is just an unfortunate coincidence.

I have been critical about Jordan Hulme too, but he was excellent today, put in lots of hard work,  and continued to build on is recent improvement

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2017, 08:10:07 PM »

I think coalville did their best but just ran out of steam, they couldnt sustain for the full 90 against our barage, moreover when johnson came on fresh legs did for them
great game, end to end stuff, some superb saves in the 2nd half will have to watch alty tv to see why they were able to score two long range shots
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2017, 08:14:05 PM »

Top result. Well done to the lads.

Real test is monday.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2017, 08:15:50 PM »

The 6' 2" body builder with the steel teeth and body art looked pretty up for it and no gobby kid
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2017, 08:30:34 PM »

Snork and Pukka, I've removed a number of your posts. Personal abuse not on. Both of you know the score, hope you understand.

Tbf I only retaliated to a personal insult that was totally uncalled for. He knows the score if he wants to carry it on.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Coalville Match Thread