News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 moss rose?? bloody bbc!

Author Topic: moss rose?? bloody bbc!  (Read 3528 times)

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
moss rose?? bloody bbc!
« on: January 30, 2010, 05:18:52 PM »

From BBC WEBSITE"""Andy Mangan scored his first Wrexham goal as the Dragons claimed a comfortable win at Moss Rose.

seasonticket

Re: moss rose?? bloody bbc!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 08:55:39 AM »

Not been able to get to Moss LANE lately  but when I read that I said to the wife, "did not know we were ground sharing in sheep molesting country" then she pointed out "It is the BBC"

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 03:21:37 PM »

tosh.  utter tosh.

no doubt our beloved bbc journalists are covering the inquiry into why lionel blair invaded iran.

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 11:04:44 AM »

...why lionel blair invaded iran.
Goodwin!
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 11:07:03 AM »

tosh.  utter tosh.

no doubt our beloved bbc journalists are covering the inquiry into why lionel blair invaded iran.

Only after consultation with Kate Bush though  ;) :D

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 02:19:34 PM »

Talking of Kate's and the BBC whatever happend to Kate Adie ?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 04:06:07 PM »

I bet the locals hate it when she visits there country.. as it is usually to report on a war, flood, Famine or some other disaster.   ;)

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 11:40:39 PM »

I bet the locals hate it when she visits there country.. as it is usually to report on a war, flood, Famine or some other disaster.   ;)

She was obviously brought up in that sort of background - she's from Sunderland.

tottenham alty

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 02:44:47 PM »

It's not the first time they've made this same mistake  :( ... and the BBC's sports content on their website is always full of errors. As a sports journalist myself I know that when you are trying to get copy onto a website within minutes of a game ending, it is not possible to produce flawless pieces. But they should have someone checking over after the story has gone live and making ammends.

No other broadcaster/news organisation would tolerate such slackness - the difference is we are paying for this one!!!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 03:12:59 PM »

Personally I feel that the BBC reporting has declined over the last 10 years.. News readers / reporters are now jumping on the celeb bandwagon.

Why do we need so many of them just to read a 60 mins news summary. We have two out front on the main desk someone else to report the sport, a weather forecaster who usually completely f**ks up the forecast for everybody within a 500 miles radius of London, Then we get a financial numpty telling us that we are going to the work house  once the election is over, another prat stood outside No 10 trying to second guess the next major political talking point. Overseas correspondents, Overpaid correspondents, foreign reporters their are  1000's of them all over the place like dog sh*t.

No wonder the license fee is so much nowadays.

The channel  take an age to update there sports sites / teletxt etc.

There general sports coverage is pretty crap these days, I do realise that televising sports has now turned into an auction and whover bids the most gets the sport.

I bet if Murray hadnt reached the final of the Aussie open then they wouldnt have televised the final.

Bloody Rishie Prassad hosting the racing, & snooker, giggling Sue Barker at Wimbledon Then we get the boring Steve Ryder doing anything from football to golf. along with Gary (The crisp guzzling money grabbing T**T Lineker doing match of the day with a couple of his golfing mates..

Rant over

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 05:48:43 PM »

Personally I feel that the BBC reporting has declined over the last 10 years.. News readers / reporters are now jumping on the celeb bandwagon.

Why do we need so many of them just to read a 60 mins news summary. We have two out front on the main desk someone else to report the sport, a weather forecaster who usually completely f**ks up the forecast for everybody within a 500 miles radius of London, Then we get a financial numpty telling us that we are going to the work house  once the election is over, another prat stood outside No 10 trying to second guess the next major political talking point. Overseas correspondents, Overpaid correspondents, foreign reporters their are  1000's of them all over the place like dog sh*t.

No wonder the license fee is so much nowadays.

The channel  take an age to update there sports sites / teletxt etc.

There general sports coverage is pretty crap these days, I do realise that televising sports has now turned into an auction and whover bids the most gets the sport.

I bet if Murray hadnt reached the final of the Aussie open then they wouldnt have televised the final.

Bloody Rishie Prassad hosting the racing, & snooker, giggling Sue Barker at Wimbledon Then we get the boring Steve Ryder doing anything from football to golf. along with Gary (The crisp guzzling money grabbing T**T Lineker doing match of the day with a couple of his golfing mates..

Rant over

A totally fair & equitable piece Ray ;D......marvellous stuff!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 06:24:23 PM »

The ones that I like is when they have a national news reporter, a local news reporter and at least 1 national radio reporter covering the same event or when the presenter in the studio tells you a news story then repeated by the reporter.

Silkyman23

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 07:38:08 PM »

From BBC WEBSITE"""Andy Mangan scored his first Wrexham goal as the Dragons claimed a comfortable win at Moss Rose.

Makes a change from the Moss Rose being called Moss Lane!

Let's face it, if it's not in London, the BBC don't care!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 08:43:37 PM »

Makes a change from the Moss Rose being called Moss Lane!

Let's face it, if it's not in London, the BBC don't care!

Speaking as a southern-based Alty fan I'd have to agree there.
Come on Alty!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 moss rose?? bloody bbc!