News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Things getting tough for NV

Author Topic: Things getting tough for NV  (Read 3356 times)

wonderstuff

« on: January 07, 2009, 08:58:04 PM »

"Conference general manager Dennis Strudwick also wanted to see a payment schedule for Vics’ debt to HM Revenue and Customs. Last month Rushe told supporters at an open meeting that the club must find £100,000 before the end of January to carry on trading. Since he took over the club little over a year ago he, in tandem with former director Nick Bone, has paid back around a fifth of the £500,000 tax debt ran up by previous owner Mike Connett. A winding-up petition against Northwich Victoria Football Club (2004) Limited is listed for a High Court hearing in 21 days."

This couldn't of happened at a worst time for NV in respect to the global financial situation. I'm no fan of theirs, but it's not good to see the slow death of a club.
There but for the grace of God go we (and the fact that Alty don't spend what they don't have).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 09:04:00 PM by wonderstuff »

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Things getting tough for NV
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 09:00:12 PM »

And our three points......
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 09:02:36 PM »

And our three points......

6, surely?

;)
Come on Alty!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 11:54:55 PM »

What an utter disgrace that they still haven't paid Telford United the gate receipts to which they are entitled from the FA Cup match back in October....and yet continue to sign players and pay for a manager to reside in a hotel.

Beyond farce.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Narcissist

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 07:44:36 AM »

Talk about a slow death, they've been walking wounded for years.

Its about time someone put them out of their misery. I agree that although I hate them i'd never want to see them out of existence. It will be boring without a true derby game next season. I think its for the best though that they just put this whole thing to sleep. Its just one big sigh of shame after another with them.

VofD

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 11:28:50 AM »

And no Setanta money tonight from their match at Woking: POSTPONED

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 03:52:21 PM »

If the winding up order is for £100k then I'm sure vics will be able to come up with a payment plan as we did that allows them to continue.

However they should put all their efforts into meeting the payment plan and maybe sacrifice their playing budget as we did which would inevitably mean life in the conf N at best until they are straight.

However can't you just foresee an agreement being made followed by another load of money thrown at the team to avoid relegation and the players budget being/staying  more important than meeting the IR bill?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 04:31:10 PM »

What an utter disgrace that they still haven't paid Telford United the gate receipts to which they are entitled from the FA Cup match back in October....and yet continue to sign players and pay for a manager to reside in a hotel.

Beyond farce.

To be fair though Cult.

"'At no point have we been trying to avoid paying them, it’s just that we a haven’t had the money available at any time'”.

So that's okay then.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team