PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Now Below Southport
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Now Below Southport  (Read 11253 times)

Jimmy

Re: Now Below Southport
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2015, 06:40:16 PM »

Bowerman comes on after 80 mins clee 60 you can set your watch to this

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2015, 07:37:15 PM »

It got sod all to do with whingers. Quite the opposite. It shows peoples concerns that  the gap at the bottom is closing. Maybe were worried that things aren't so rosey as the bespectacled posters believe we have on here.

Just because we post comments that some people don't like to read does NOT mean were doing the club down or stirring the Sh1t. In my case its quite the opposite. What I dont want is to watch is Conf North football with about 25 away fans on a good day.

Here endeth....

You make some valid points there. I am quite positive and optimistic about things. I don't follow alty to be full of worry and pessimism, supporting a football team should be, in my view, about getting the enjoyment you can from it. That doesn't mean I wear rose tinted specs though. Clearly we need to pick up points and the lack of cover is a worry.

That said, I get the impression from some fans that they think we have a complacent board and management team sitting on a pile of cash thinking everything is wonderful and not trying to make things better.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2015, 09:14:10 PM »

It got sod all to do with whingers. Quite the opposite. It shows peoples concerns that  the gap at the bottom is closing. Maybe were worried that things aren't so rosey as the bespectacled posters believe we have on here.

Just because we post comments that some people don't like to read does NOT mean were doing the club down or stirring the Sh1t. In my case its quite the opposite. What I dont want is to watch is Conf North football with about 25 away fans on a good day.

Here endeth....
You make some valid points there. I am quite positive and optimistic about things. I don't follow alty to be full of worry and pessimism, supporting a football team should be, in my view, about getting the enjoyment you can from it. That doesn't mean I wear rose tinted specs though. Clearly we need to pick up points and the lack of cover is a worry.
That said, I get the impression from some fans that they think we have a complacent board and management team sitting on a pile of cash thinking everything is wonderful and not trying to make things better.

Hi Bob. I do appreciate that money is tight... but we have generated some cash from our cup run etc.
It boils down to how bad do the club want to stay in this league....
I like to think that the answer to that question  is " Very much so "
I look forward to seeing some movement during the up and coming transfer window...

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2015, 09:50:45 PM »

Here endeth....

Hi Bob. I do appreciate that money is tight... but we have generated some cash from our cup run etc.
I look forward to seeing some movement during the up and coming transfer window...

Some of our happiest days in the last twenty years saw us get promoted. Some of our worst days saw us get relegated. We made a loss trying to stay up in 2011 and made a loss getting promoted in 2014. Year on year the stats show we spend what money we have. I would be amazed if anyone running this club didnt badly want us to stay up.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2015, 08:46:21 AM »

Here endeth....

Some of our happiest days in the last twenty years saw us get promoted. Some of our worst days saw us get relegated. We made a loss trying to stay up in 2011 and made a loss getting promoted in 2014. Year on year the stats show we spend what money we have. I would be amazed if anyone running this club didnt badly want us to stay up.

Great post. On course we all want to stay up - clubs, supporters, everyone. And whether people like it or not, we're on track to stay up whilst spending the minimal amount of cash. I believe the current squad (with less injuries) can see to that; if our position gets a bit more precarious, I'm sure the board will look at it.

If we do stay up, we'll have another go at improving the squad - with Griffith's freed wage and a bit of extra FA Cup money in the coffers. It was, and always will be, a slow build.

We've signed a decent GK, we'd probably now conclude O'Keefe is a better option than Williams, Rankine over Perry, Bowerman over Gillespie(!), Heathcote is coming through - yes we've had some misfortune because of injuries and the model we have to run to, but it's not a crisis. Yet.

Jimmy

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2015, 10:35:06 AM »

Every chance okeefe is better than Williams however this is hardly a certainty he has played about 3 good matches then got suspended the rest is fair enough
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 11:14:52 AM by Jimmy »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Now Below Southport