PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Now Below Southport
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Now Below Southport  (Read 11257 times)

andrewflynn

Re: Now Below Southport
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2015, 08:53:17 PM »

We need to bring in some players on loan. It really is that simple.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2015, 09:02:33 PM »

We need to bring in some players on loan. It really is that simple.

I have to agree. Is it coincidence that Southport have had 5 loanees to our 1...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 11:08:56 PM by distancetraveller »

Hamilton

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 10:30:13 PM »

We are doing better against the teams around us which will help.

taxi Phil

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2015, 11:47:40 PM »

As I said after the Leamington debacle (and it was a debacle, let's not gloss over that), it's not so much the result as the manner of defeat. The sheer inability to score is very worrying - George Heslop said as much on RR today. A dismal record of 22 goals in 24 league games this season, (36 in the last 38 league games), and a failure to convert any number of chances every game, regardless of the opposition.  

We have a squad of 12 fully-fit senior outfield players (13 if you count Sam Heathcote), with 1 crocked (Marshall), another 2 (Densmore & Clee) who have each missed over half of the last 30 games, and a number of young lads who are never going to grace the turf in the first team. I can't believe people aren't more concerned.

If Havern and Rankine are fully fit I'm the Queen of Sheba.

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2015, 12:45:49 AM »

We have a seriously concerning inability to chase games, if we go behind we're almost certain to lose. Why? I'd say because we have absolutely no viable options from the bench.

In games where the opposition have scored the first goal, we've gained just three points this season: Lincoln 1-1 Altrincham, Gateshead 2-2 Altrincham, Altrincham 1-1 Torquay. The rest we have gone on to lose.

We have some right gems, and we have a lot of decent players for this level, but those same lads can't carry the whole responsibility for the full ninety each and every week. Just look at the benches we are naming. I can't see how we could change a game in our favour. Twenty minutes to go, relying on the knackered legs that have already done the other seventy.

We've got absolutely nothing worth bringing on off the bench and we aren't going to be able to battle consistently at this level if we don't add to the squad, starting with some wingers.

ripleym

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2015, 07:52:43 AM »

To be fair, it's hard to know whether anyone on the bench has the potential to be a game changer, as they never get a chance to showcase their talents.

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2015, 08:28:27 AM »

As I said after the Leamington debacle (and it was a debacle, let's not gloss over that), it's not so much the result as the manner of defeat. The sheer inability to score is very worrying - George Heslop said as much on RR today. A dismal record of 22 goals in 24 league games this season, (36 in the last 38 league games), and a failure to convert any number of chances every game, regardless of the opposition.  

We have a squad of 12 fully-fit senior outfield players (13 if you count Sam Heathcote), with 1 crocked (Marshall), another 2 (Densmore & Clee) who have each missed over half of the last 30 games, and a number of young lads who are never going to grace the turf in the first team. I can't believe people aren't more concerned.

If Havern and Rankine are fully fit I'm the Queen of Sheba.
they looked fully fit they played to normal decent standard and rankine is slow and he was no slower yesterday

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2015, 08:33:48 AM »

We have 2 points fewer than at this stage last season. I am very concerned.
lads season we were safe by end of Feb so that stat shouldn't be that worrying

andrewflynn

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2015, 10:22:25 AM »

To be fair, it's hard to know whether anyone on the bench has the potential to be a game changer, as they never get a chance to showcase their talents.

The manager sees these players training with the first team. If he thinks they could make a difference he would bring them on. They're on the bench to so we can name a full sixteen! Its a shame all of our games are so close, I'd love to see Rhain Davis be given a couple of cameos should we get the opportunity but that would require us to be three goals up. He has the potential to become a decent part of the squad, much like Sam has.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2015, 12:12:51 PM »

This place is funny at times. A 1-0 defeat away at the league leaders has kicked off a 2 page whinge fest. Have some perspective.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2015, 01:01:57 PM »

This place is funny at times. A 1-0 defeat away at the league leaders has kicked off a 2 page whinge fest. Have some perspective.

I don't think it was the loss away at the league leaders...............I think it is the fact that some of the duff teams below us in the table are starting to accumulate points at a greater rate than we are, having brought players in
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2015, 01:24:01 PM »

It got sod all to do with whingers. Quite the opposite. It shows peoples concerns that  the gap at the bottom is closing. Maybe were worried that things aren't so rosey as the bespectacled posters believe we have on here.

Just because we post comments that some people don't like to read does NOT mean were doing the club down or stirring the Sh1t. In my case its quite the opposite. What I dont want is to watch is Conf North football with about 25 away fans on a good day.

Here endeth....

Jimmy

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2015, 02:01:41 PM »

I don't think it's all Rosey however I don't think we will go down

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2015, 02:07:25 PM »

I don't think it's all Rosey however I don't think we will go down

I hear what your saying Jimmy and I think your level headed with your posts.
I don't think were doomed but we have to be very very careful and we need to beat teams around us for sure.

andrewflynn

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2015, 02:54:18 PM »

I'd have the same opinion about our benches if we'd have won 3-0 yesterday. It will continue to get us into trouble this season, just as it did against Halifax at home; we had no hope of changing things up because we only had George flipping Bowerman as an alternative attacking option. 1-2 down with 30 minutes ago and we barely had a shot on target did we not?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Now Below Southport