PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tony Walker RIP - Funeral details - Fri 6th June. 11.30am @ Alty Crem
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tony Walker RIP - Funeral details - Fri 6th June. 11.30am @ Alty Crem  (Read 5025 times)

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tony Walker RIP
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 09:30:02 PM »

Just Seen News about Tony, Passing away, Such a loss, a great friend, and lovely  guy.
Our thoughts are with his wife, and Family Pauline, and Caroline.
You will be missed Tony R I P 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 09:43:21 PM by bigedd »

julie c

Re: Tony Walker RIP
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 07:45:28 PM »

This is the hardest words I've ever had to write.
Tony was not only a true and trusted friend, but like a second dad who I could confide in whenever I had a problem. Although I wouldn't always get the answer I wanted to hear, I knew it was the right one.I like to feel that he too could  do likewise.
I think perhaps when we were born we came out of the same mould as were both stubborn, strong-willed and bloody minded - that's perhaps why we got on so well.

It won't be the same for me waiting for my birds on a Saturday without my second-in-command by my side helping me book them in on their return. It's perhaps quite fitting that the las race he was with me for (Sat before last), he saw me finish 1st, 2nd and 3rd Club. I know the highlight for him though, as he never stopped talking about it and I was so glad he was there to share it with me, was when I won 1st Club, 1st Fed., and 1st Central Lancs. Combine E. This pigeon he always adored having won four races before the big one. After it won he said I would have to name it and the only name I thought was apt was 'Rocky' after his favourite motorbike rider.

Although he won't be there in person watching them return again - like someone said to me after my father died, 'he will be up there blowing them home for you'.  I shall take this thought in mind with me through the coming months while I'm waiting for the birds to return home. I just hope he will blow a bit harder as sometimes I need all the help I can get!
You can imagine how emotional it was for me this last weekend when again I finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd. And how apt it was that the bird i clocked in to win the race was the very same bird that had won the previous week when Tony was with me. This bird was clocked in at 16.16.04hrs, and how strange it was that those numbers added up come to 18 - the date Tony was born.     
Cheers, my special friend - you were certainl blowing them home for me that day.

Not only will I miss Tony helping me with my birds, but also as my travelling companion on the away coach travelling to watch Alty, his other great love, as well as watching from the terraces at Moss Lane.

My lasting memory of Tony will always be a lovely day out on Bank Holiday Monday when I drove him to visit our great friends, Frank and Dorothy, in Whitchurch.

To someone who will always have a very special place in my heart and to a great family man.
I offer all my sincere condolences to his family,
                Julie, Barney and friends

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: Tony Walker RIP - Funeral details - Fri 6th June. 11.30am @ Alty Crem
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 07:13:19 PM »

Funeral details
Fri 6th June. 11.30am @ Alty Crem

The family are happy for those attending to wear what they feel comfortable in, so if you want to come in your Alty shirt, you are more than welcome, I know Tony would love it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 08:54:27 AM by gazwarrington »
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tony Walker RIP - Funeral details - Fri 6th June. 11.30am @ Alty Crem