PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tony Walker RIP - Funeral details - Fri 6th June. 11.30am @ Alty Crem
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tony Walker RIP - Funeral details - Fri 6th June. 11.30am @ Alty Crem  (Read 5024 times)

Ashley Alty

Very very sad news this morning.  Tony Walker died this morning of a heart attack.

Many will know Tony by sight rather than his name. 

He stood on the Pop side, the tall chap, just to the Golf Road end of the half way line with his long time pidgeon racing friend, Julie (the short woman).

Tony always wore a cap with enamel badges and attended all home matches and usually took the coach away.

He'll be very very sorely missed byu us all.

Sorry, struggling to type this

TA
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 07:12:05 PM by gazwarrington »

markecky

Re: Tony Walker RIP
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 09:57:20 AM »

What a sad loss.

A man who truly loved his football and would go anywhere to watch a game if he couldn't make the Alty match.

My thoughts are with his family and Julie

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 10:26:18 AM »

One of the friendliest people I have ever met... He loved his football from watching Dane Road Central to Altrincham and he would never give it up no matter what the docs said.

I always enjoyed giving weather reports from Rugby so he could work out how his pigeons were doing and he always went out of his way to ask how I was and will miss my half time chats with him, just won't seem the same anymore.

Writing this with tears in my eyes.

Thoughts with his family and many friends...

TOP BLOKE !

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 11:42:52 AM »

Only knew him to nod to when myself and Mrs S took up our positions near the half-way line but he always seemed to be ulta Alty and ready with a word for many people who passed by our position who knew him.

Best wishes and condolences from both of us.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

joe

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 12:53:52 PM »

RIP Tony. Always went out of his way for a chat with me both at Alty and when i used to play for Dane Rd who he watched every week. A very sad loss.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 12:54:39 PM »

It was my pleasure to know Tony for something in the region of 15 years.

At times like this people are referred to as being "the nicest person you could ever wish to meet"

In Tony's case this was an absolute fact.

I can't believe that he's not going to be leaning on the fence around the half way line anymore, nor off to Witton or some other ground following the game he loved. I bet the Coaches will be a sadder place without him.

Just like Gary and T.A. I'm really quite emotional and finding it very hard to post anything that could possibly do Tony justice

Thoughts with his family and friends, one of whom I feel priveleged to have been

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 01:24:16 PM »

Mark Maddox has just text me.

Just read on forum about Tony Walker. Sorry to hear that as I remember Tony well. Mads

george

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 02:27:49 PM »

Moss Lane will be a much sadder place without Tony. Known to me as Dane Road Central Tony when I first started managing Altrincham Supporters in the Sunday League. I will miss my many phone chats with him, when he rang the office regarding the prospects of play. At this moment, you realise how many "great fans" have passed on in recent months. Another immense gap on the terraces. I am so glad to have known you. GOODBYE FRIEND.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 07:47:37 PM »

RIP Tony now with all the other Alty elite up in heaven

Thoughts with his family and friends
@AltyDaz

Altyant

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 09:08:18 PM »

RIP Tony

Stockportalty

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 01:22:43 PM »

What a lovely man, Samm and I remember he and Julie sharing their umbrella with us when we were all stood in all that rain at Exeter.
Our thoughts are with his family at this very sad time.

R.I.P. Tony

William

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 11:53:17 AM »

On behalf on Tony's wife, Pauline, and his three children, Mark, Joanne and Caroline, thank you for your kind words and support at this sad time.

Those who knew Tony, knew of his love for football, be it Altrincham, Dane Road Central or a few kids kicking a ball on the Rec.  It was Alty though that held a special place for Tony, as did the friends he made along the way.  Again, thank you to those who made his football days memorable.

Tony will be sadly missed by his loving family, as well as by the many friends he has made over the years.

balancedview

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 10:24:25 PM »

Hope you'll forgive a Halifax Town supporter intruding on your forum to pay tribute to Tony at this sad time. Over the years Tony would sometimes' moonlight' to watch Town with me when the Robins were not playing. We had quite a few adventures on our journeys-probably the most memorable was when returning late one night from the Shay our car literally blew up in a remote location on the M62
It was a long wait on a wild wet night and for safety we had to stand in a field. Until that is Tony thought a sheep was winking at him!!
I know Tony was sad at the troubled times the Shaymen are facing-he was a great football man and his spirit will always live on next to the half way line at Moss Lane.

brian

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 10:33:23 PM »

As a great friend and neighbour of Tony & family for many years I share the sadness of all Alty fans.
We have watched the Robins together for over 30 years.
Matchdays at Moss Lane will not be the same without Tony.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 10:41:37 PM »

Just to ehco all thats been said. He would always stop me while walking around the pitch as Rocky Robin, and him and Julie would chat to me about the away games and other stuff. Another great man of the club.

RIP Tony
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tony Walker RIP - Funeral details - Fri 6th June. 11.30am @ Alty Crem