PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ukraine v england on the net
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ukraine v england on the net  (Read 4991 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 05, 2009, 09:19:31 AM »

I see no tv company has taken up the rights for this game.Its being shown on an internet livestream.what i was wondering is,how easy wud it be to show the livestream that costs about 4 quid,in the bar via the tv's in there? We cud do some heavy advertising this week that we'll be the only pub showing it in the area,if its logistically possible we could be on to a winner????

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ukraine v england on the net
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 11:27:19 AM »

its just a case of connecting a laptop to the flat screen computer and connecting to the wifi, we wouls need a decent connection for it to work tho

baldrick

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 11:30:27 AM »

I have never had much luck with these live stream things. They always seem to freeze or break down.

fuertes

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 12:09:13 PM »

I suspect this wouldn't do well because no-one cares about the game in question. Also, do you need a special licence to show games via t'internet?

Good idea in principle, just not a good enough game for much to be made out of it IMHO.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 01:43:25 PM »

Good idea in principle, just not a good enough game for much to be made out of it IMHO.

It costs £4.99 and would be on at 5.15pm, 30 minutes after a 1,300 crowd have seen us play Mansfield at home.

I think if it was possible it would certainly make some money!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 02:38:39 PM »

Apparently if you buy a VGA lead it will transfer the imagine from a lap top or pc onto a telly and will not hamper the image quality

markecky

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 02:57:36 PM »

Does the club have wi-fi?

I would guess that the box would be in the offices which may be out of reach of the bar

fuertes

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 03:08:08 PM »

It costs £4.99 and would be on at 5.15pm, 30 minutes after a 1,300 crowd have seen us play Mansfield at home.

Fair point. Personally I'm too skint to waste money watching dead rubbers, but I suppose you're right in that if just a few hang back and have a few pints then it has been worth it.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 03:55:42 PM »

vga cables are ten a penny, we could just rob one from the back of the computers in the office and use that for the 2 hours. the issue like ecky said is getting the wifi in range, however a signal booster box should fix that issue, how does john laidlar get onto wifi in the main stand?

markecky

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 04:04:11 PM »

vga cables are ten a penny, we could just rob one from the back of the computers in the office and use that for the 2 hours. the issue like ecky said is getting the wifi in range, however a signal booster box should fix that issue, how does john laidlar get onto wifi in the main stand?

John has his own mobile broadband.

baldrick

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 04:34:57 PM »

How about setting up a home network type thingy

Longman

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 04:59:07 PM »

I'd definately watch the game in the bar if it was possible to put it on, I also think a significant amount of others would as well!

On a side note I understand the reasons why the game is'nt being shown as no - one has placed a decent enough bid, however I feel there should be some legislation in place making every game played by our national team of our national sport to be shown free on TV to the English public.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 11:37:34 PM »

John has his own mobile broadband.

You can use my laptop & Virgin dongle :o from 5.00pm if needed.
My understanding is that the picture quality on a very large screen wouldn't be good enough, however I suspect it may be OK on our flat screen TV's.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 11:40:42 PM »

The price goes up during the week.It's available for £4.99 for a couple more days....then goes up to about £10 & it's something like £13 by Saturday.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 12:06:39 AM »

f**k it, not worth it then.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team