News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 complete farce

Author Topic: complete farce  (Read 3428 times)

moousee

complete farce
« on: November 29, 2008, 05:09:49 PM »

That is all...

WiganAlty

Re: complete farce
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 08:30:45 PM »

I'm not in disagreement!!

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 09:30:04 PM »

This is taken from the match report on the Rushden website:

Shortly afterwards the home fans were hopeful that referee Joyce might even things up after a Bolasie challenge on Lawton, but it was clear that there was no malice in the challenge and a yellow card was appropriate.

didnt seem any softer than Densmore's to me but they did agree that a red was a bit undeserved

Dougals Dad

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 10:13:38 PM »

Did they comment on Ralphy being fouled for their first goal?

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 10:49:15 PM »

just come back from been in whetherspoons where the Alty players were having some drinks before tonights Party and Robbie couldn't even turn his neck so if thats not malice f**k me what is.

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 10:50:44 PM »

just come back from been in whetherspoons where the Alty players were having some drinks before tonights Party and Robbie couldn't even turn his neck so if thats not malice f**k me what is.

Doesnt mean it was malice cos he cant turn his neck.

It was a yellow in my opinon and so was Densmores.

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 10:58:27 PM »

so for robbie to be down best part of five minutes means that the challenge was soft does it ok so the next time youngy or anyone goes agressivly into a tackle on the other team and he only gets a yellow your going to laugh off any booing from the away fans.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 12:00:33 AM »

so for robbie to be down best part of five minutes means that the challenge was soft does it ok so the next time youngy or anyone goes agressivly into a tackle on the other team and he only gets a yellow your going to laugh off any booing from the away fans.

Where did Jenga say it was a soft tackle then?

It is possible to do a hard tackle without malice in it.

Twas unavoidable, as was Densmore's.

Neither was a booking and had Densmore not been sent off earlier very few of us would have bothered hollering for a red for the Rushden player.

Those were the only two tackles all day, neither were a yellow really. in fact, the only  person who deserved a booking today was Robbie Lawton for giving Sean such a shocking 5 yard pass.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 12:09:32 AM »

Densmore went for the ball, albeit in a competetive way, but it wasn't malicious. My first reaction was Yellow, take your boll***ing and get on with it... You could tell when the ref blew his whistle like it was his last breaths that it was trouble... FFS Can we get some consistency with referees...

We might get the rub of the grain in other games, but up until the sending off we were the better team....

As i've said in a previous thread, hopefully we'll get a bit of karma in another game!!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 12:41:22 AM »

I thought it was quite equal, Rushden really good for 10 minutes then us putting together some good stuff for 10 minutes.

I just couldnt fathom the thought process behind it.

20 minutes in, no real challenges, 1st foul, not a even a debate or argument between the two sides about it, on the half way line, no clear goalscroing oppo. Why on earth run over with a red straight off. You normally see worse challenges at that point in the game which are given a yellow cos it's early on.

It wasn't even from behind or a late studded challenge, he just tripped him. It was obvious what would happen before it took place, cos it happens quite often in games.

I just do not understand what the ref's rush was. I appreciate there was a bit of a sound when they clashed but it really was incredible.

As I said, I thought R&D looked a good outfit but we'll never know how today panned out. i just hope that Sean's card gets rescinded.

WiganAlty

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 07:27:06 PM »

From the North Riding FA website (where Mr Joyce is the alleged Referee Development Officer):

"Basic training courses (Practical or Classroom based) run regularly throughout the year and once you have passed the course and completed an FA Child Protection Workshop you can begin to officiate in matches - and you'll receive a free UMBRO referee kit!"

So now it's clear - he only wanted a free referee uniform!! Must dash - have to download the application form now  ;)

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 11:07:58 PM »

God help any future refs from North Riding then.
They really should be beating teams like us
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 complete farce