PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Wealdstone Match Thread  (Read 15756 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wealdstone Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2021, 10:29:23 PM »

How good would Macc have been to play this weekend sat in 4th.

9th on PPG and just 0.1 off the playoffs on PPG.

A feather in our cap tonight to win so comfortably.

My only concern is 5 goals by strikers, against the better sides, this is more evident.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 10:34:55 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2021, 10:34:18 PM »

Very good result, we were very good to watch at times (even on a very heavy pitch) and could have won by 2 or 3 more.

Hard to pick out individuals as the whole team did very well. Very good down the flanks with Kozzy and Mooney, plus full backs overlapping, but what a superb 25 minute cameo from Ryan Colclough! - very nearly scored and unlucky not to set up 2 or 3 other goals.

Tony T not forced to do much which says something about Wealdstone, but a great overall performance from the lads!

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2021, 10:37:02 PM »

Very good result, we were very good to watch at times (even on a very heavy pitch) and could have won by 2 or 3 more.

Hard to pick out individuals as the whole team did very well. Very good down the flanks with Kozzy and Mooney, plus full backs overlapping, but what a superb 25 minute cameo from Ryan Colclough! - very nearly scored and unlucky not to set up 2 or 3 other goals.

Tony T not forced to do much which says something about Wealdstone, but a great overall performance from the lads!

And our defence, Wealdstone score a lot!
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2021, 10:37:34 PM »

How good would Macc have been to play this weekend sat in 4th.

9th on PPG and just 0.1 off the playoffs on PPG.

A feather in our cap tonight to win so comfortably.

My only concern is 5 goals by strikers.

Citeh have a similar 'problem' and they're top!
I know what you mean though and I broadly agree with you but our very mobile attack without a target holding 9 has made us very awkward opposition to work out on many occasions.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

NauticaPete

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2021, 10:55:58 PM »

I love the mentality of this team. They just keep plugging away, even after chances missed/hoals conceded.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2021, 11:06:08 PM »

There are so many positives to take from this game I would be here till 5am tomorrow.

You know the players have all put in a graft when you see the steam coming off them during the warm-down, on the live stream!!
Like Grand National thoroughbreds in the winners enclosure! 😂😂😂

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2021, 11:09:03 PM »

The team is just a pleasure to watch.  I think that the point made in a previous post about us being awkward to play against because we lack a noted striker, is well made, and while the GD only stands at plus 2 currently, I think that will improve steadily as the season progresses; there are at least half a dozen on the pitch who are very capable of scoring given the opportunity.  I know that it keeps being said, but the management team are doing a stellar job bringing the best out of these players. #coyr
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 11:11:00 PM by Mrs Trellis »

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2021, 11:11:05 PM »

The only things I would add to the excellent posts above are that Wealdstone weren't actually a bad team, on a difficult pitch, as they had a lot of possession. They never troubled Tony Thompson, but that's  a tribute to our defence and midfield.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2021, 11:24:27 PM »

Fantastic team performance.

With better finishing it could have been a cricket score against a decent defence.

What is impressive is the strong bench we have and the inter-changeability of players as a player becomes unavailable.

The late Mooney foul could have been a red. He had a great game tonight. All players 9 out of ten tonight apart from TT.....who cannot be assessed as he was an observer tonight ;D
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2021, 09:46:42 AM »

I think it was a red, it was cynical, he was through without any other defenders (all be it with a whole half to run) but it looked viscous
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2021, 09:57:07 AM »

I think it was a red, it was cynical, he was through without any other defenders (all be it with a whole half to run) but it looked viscous
Everything was a bit viscous on that pitch! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2021, 10:12:14 AM »

Very polished performance on a heavy pitch. The whole team, in fact squad play for each other. as other said it could and should have been 4 o0r 5 nil to us.

Can I also add the live stream was excellent, commentary from Brian and John was very good also.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2021, 10:19:15 AM »

I know the pitch wasn't the best but we've played on it when it has been much worse. I remember JJ sinking in to the Pop side and he was no heavy weight.

andrewflynn

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2021, 11:11:17 AM »

I'd imagine you'd have to go quite a way back to find the last time we were this high up the league, this side of Christmas.

Can any stattos help with that?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2021, 02:38:41 PM »

Just an observation

The ground staff had far less time than usual to work on the pitch during the "closed season "

We have had significant precipitation which again restricts what Neil, Bryan and their band of helpers can do.

I'm not accusing anyone of unreasonable criticism of the ground staff, just highlighting potential reasons why it may be a bit less than optimal
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wealdstone Match Thread