Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 YORK promoted.. luton remain a NL side...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: YORK promoted.. luton remain a NL side...  (Read 15883 times)

York Alty

Re: YORK promoted.. luton remain a NL side...
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2012, 09:02:52 PM »

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9718217.UPDATED__Thousands_turn_out_for_York_City_victory_parade/

Pleased though I am for York CFC, and the city, I couldn't bring myself to pop along and watch. I am jealous...

LEE, I WANT SOME OF THIS FOR ALTY NEXT SEASON.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2012, 09:28:22 PM »

Remember revenge is a dish best served cold  :-\

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2012, 09:30:10 PM »

I remember our last open top bus parade through Altrincham in May 1999 that concluded outside Altrincham market in front of about 15 Alty fans and a few bemused shoppers. The lads' efforts really deserved a lot better than that........   :(
Come on Alty!

joe

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2012, 11:40:06 AM »

I remember our last open top bus parade through Altrincham in May 1999 that concluded outside Altrincham market in front of about 15 Alty fans and a few bemused shoppers. The lads' efforts really deserved a lot better than that........   :(

I went to every match that season and didn't even realise we had an open top bus parade! It must have been done in secret!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2012, 12:46:42 PM »

I seem to recall it took place on a Saturday morning immediately after the players had returned from a club holiday? Perhaps it was arranged at very short notice, I can't really remember now.
Come on Alty!

GoneFishing

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2012, 01:34:08 PM »

Personally i am very happy York won. I had a small bet on them. Luton is a horrible place full of horrible people. The team are followed by bully boy wannabe hooligans who would run a mile if they ever met any serious opposition, remember what happened in 1985 when they tried it on with Millwall. The only bad news is the BSP has to put up with them for at least another season.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2012, 01:40:31 PM »

Personally i am very happy York won. I had a small bet on them. Luton is a horrible place full of horrible people. The team are followed by bully boy wannabe hooligans who would run a mile if they ever met any serious opposition, remember what happened in 1985 when they tried it on with Millwall. The only bad news is the BSP has to put up with them for at least another season.

Oi! i may not be a native knuckle dragger but I'm here 5 days a week and I take offence at that... I've met 3 people who are nice people.  ;) ;D

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2012, 01:48:19 PM »

Millwall away is a top away day son......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e17HykvfGY
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 01:51:35 PM by Knutsford Alty »

JDN

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2012, 09:21:42 PM »

Turn left out of the station and you will find some good pubs and good people in high town

That said to say Luton are wannabe hooligans is a little naive, they have a well known mob, feared well beyond the conference

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2012, 11:09:26 PM »

Worth pointing out here what an incredible job Gary Mills has done there since he arrived. York weren't consistently challenging at the top before that, in fact they only stayed up one season due to beating Weymouth's kids twice in a week towards the end of the season.

Also, even though he doesn't play for us I think I love Matty Blair, talk about a hero!!

Luton 1-2 York
A.Gray  Goal 2'    26'  Goal A.Chambers 
                     [b 47' Goal. M. Blair [/b]
FA Trophy  Newport 0-2 York
  64'  Goal M.Blair     71'  Goal L.Oyebanjo 
  Conference Premier  Mansfield 0-1 York (agg 1 - 2) 
                                                      111'  Goal M.Blair      

So that's a late extra time winner (at Mansfield) in the play off semi, a goal in the Trophy final victory and the winning goal in the play off final??

Player of the month for May? imagine how godd that'd be!

GoneFishing

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2012, 09:22:18 AM »

That said to say Luton are wannabe hooligans is a little naive, they have a well known mob, feared well beyond the conference

Just what non league football needs

JDN

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2012, 09:47:22 AM »

No one wants or needs it GoneFishing

fuertes

« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2012, 11:42:08 AM »

Well, I for one am incredibly impressed  ::)

taxi Phil

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2012, 01:55:24 PM »

No one wants or needs it GoneFishing
Irony appears to be lost on you JDN !

York Alty

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2012, 01:56:12 PM »

I do hope you're being sarcastic GoneFishing.

It doesn't work very well in type as I know to my cost!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 YORK promoted.. luton remain a NL side...