News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Whats an uber-chump when its at home?

Author Topic: Whats an uber-chump when its at home?  (Read 1450 times)

Jacko

« on: October 21, 2008, 11:43:50 PM »

??? ??? Think this ones a strange child, whats all this about ???
From TerrasBlog 20/10/2008
Monday, 20 October 08, 07:37 PM

Amazingly there was a game of football involving Weymouth over the weekend and even better than that uber-chump Lee Elam and his Alty team took their long sleeved body stockings back up the M5 too the Madchester suburbs with no points to show for it.

Chris Mc Phee was on target for the Terras yet again and club captain (but not on the field captain) Ryan Williams banged in a second with 7 minutes to go to make the points safe. 

It's nice to be reporting on a win and our first clean sheet since Don Stevens was a lad. Good one Terras. 

This blog is bang behind both JHMBE and the players, especially during this difficult time for the club off the park. And one thing we will always call for is support of the team during the 90 minutes. It is imperative that we seperate the football from the sideshow off the field. A sideshow that makes Newcaslte United look like a well run club. 

Ahem! where to start with the off field ramblings. Thanks to those who have messaged me through the forum during recent days. I read all of your comments and thank you for your kind words about this blog. It is a bit daunting to feel the responsibility for piecing together what is happening at the edge of the Granby for you, but I am dong my best. 

There have been two statements issued this evening. One by the Terras Trust (for those of you passing through this blog on ole ole, that is the supporters trust of the club) and another by the club. 

Click here for the Trusts one. 

And here for Malcolm Curtis'. Which is fairly similar in content to this one nearly a week ago from the Echo website... but no matter. 

Reading between the lines would indicate as we suspected when some of our better players were put up for sale.The club has no money. We couldn't find a sponsor for our shirts (although it could be argued that Asda has stepped in), loads of boards haven't been taken up and crowds are down.

You don't need to be a genius to work out that the mystical £500k we got for giving access rights to the Wessex Stadium to Wessex Park may have gone and the cupboard is bare. Is there a rich person nearby who might want to help out?

Business as usual is the message out of the club and the Trust tonight, but it feels to me like we are looking at a potential Harrison style meltdown , but with some sort of early warning this time.

Unless you know different and want to let me know...

« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 08:59:06 AM by Jacko »

Jenga

Re: Whats an uber-chump when its at home?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 08:47:27 AM »

Uber = excellent / top of the tree / the best etc.

Chump = is a chimp or prat or a fool etc.

So I guess they are saying he is "a prat of the highest order".

Jacko

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 09:00:30 AM »

"Alty team took their long sleeved body stockings"" Please tell me we didn't ;D i guess they're trying to say were a little on the female side?

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 12:10:23 PM »

Uber Chump is the writer of terrasblog...he is German.

that's what I reckon anyway.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team