PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Salisbury in ...
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Salisbury in ...  (Read 5824 times)

arnald

Re: Salisbury in ...
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2014, 11:48:45 PM »

I live in Northfleet literally just up the road from Ebbsfleet and the two pubs near my house are nice. Delighted to be playing just up the A2 at Dartford next season! :)

The Good Beer Guide description for The Ivy Leaf on Darenth Road states that it's a 5 minute walk from Dartford Football Club. And The Malt Shovel is on the same road. What's not to like ?
sam smiths pub 180 apint

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2014, 12:00:16 AM »

I have no sympathy, but a day on the beer in delightful Salisbury or yet another bland outer London suburb is a no brainier so a bit sad in that respect

I went to Dartford vs Nuneaton last season with a few mates. Pre match we went to the Dartford WMC in the town centre which had about 15 different ales on at bargain prices for the SE. Absolutely superb gaff. As a town and for pubs it has an awful lot more going for it than Gravesend.

arnald

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2014, 12:18:59 AM »

so whats the best ale calld ??

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2014, 12:26:21 AM »

It's a constantly changing card. Something for everyone though. Was well impressed.

Jezza

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2014, 07:12:48 AM »

amazes me that conference fans seem unable to get their heads round the assertion that clubs like Salisbury and Hereford have won points with players that they could not afford....had they lived within their means they would very likely have been relegated instead of chester and Dartford which is why the reprieve system is fair.

suggestions of hand wringing oh don't relegate them it's not fair on the fans just dock them 10 points mean that every club would do that and everyone would start on 10 points and clubs would continue to overspend......suggestions of chester got relegated it's not fair, promote a losing play off team also make no sense.....Chester have played within the rules and have been relegated because another club cheated and deserve the reprieve more than a club who maybe finished 5th and lost a play off....

I applaud the conference's stance to try and stamp out the ridiculous sh*t or bust approach.....I think they need to go a step further to prevent it by insisting on clubs producing fully paid up accounts every 3 months....any team owing money should not get any points from games until they have paid up...nip this thing in the bud!!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2014, 07:16:45 AM »

Another long journey for Alty though, even though it is the home town of the Rolling Stones

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2014, 09:05:06 AM »

I thought that would have been "Maidstone"

I've just done a hamilton

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2014, 10:06:51 AM »

I thought that would have been "Maidstone"

I've just done a hamilton
Or "maid" a Hamilton (I'll get my coat).

Hamilton

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2014, 12:15:07 PM »

My name is etched in history!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2014, 01:07:31 PM »

I believe that there is to be a statue of Mick Jagger on Dartford station soon. It's where effectively the Stones were formed due to a chance meeting. Princes Park is decent too for an out of town new ground, the wooden man is an excellent touch. Seating is rather limited though, I'd advise those who need to sit to get in early.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2014, 01:09:56 PM »

I believe that there is to be a statue of Mick Jagger on Dartford station soon. It's where effectively the Stones were formed due to a chance meeting. Princes Park is decent too for an out of town new ground, the wooden man is an excellent touch. Seating is rather limited though, I'd advise those who need to sit to get in early.

It's quite a unique ground but I liked it. There was a very good pub between the ground and the town centre too IIRC.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2014, 01:13:51 PM »

The Ivy Leaf is the nearest pub to the ground, it is very good . http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/59026/
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 01:17:58 PM by SW »
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Salisbury in ...