PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 score v Bolton.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: score v Bolton.  (Read 6451 times)

gunners11

Re: score v Bolton.
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 09:46:59 PM »

altrincham vs barnet  altrincham won 4-1 and we were top of the league with five games to go and alty blew they draw 1 lose 3 won 1  and it was not enough . i have been to wembley when altrincham won the fa trophy in 1986 scorer ronnie ellis alty won 1-0 . i went to the diva stadium altrincham vs chester in 1992 it was 0-0 and it went back to moss lane and altrincham won 2-1 clive freeman  scored. i used to stand near the floor lights and watch the match on that bit of a field near the refreshments stall and the toilets i had some great days at altrincham football club. i remember  the team  jeff wealands mick carmody ken mckenna paul constantine paul cuddy jeff johson phil mcgreal  phil gardner terry lees dick johnson gk john davidson graham bennett  barry howard   graham heathcote mal bailey i think that is all of them. so i am a alty fan markecky

joe

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 10:09:00 PM »

Mick Farrelly scored the winner in the 86 trophy final,more research needed gunners.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 10:19:28 PM »

altrincham vs barnet  altrincham won 4-1 and we were top of the league with five games to go and alty blew they draw 1 lose 3 won 1  and it was not enough . i have been to wembley when altrincham won the fa trophy in 1986 scorer ronnie ellis alty won 1-0 . i went to the diva stadium altrincham vs chester in 1992 it was 0-0 and it went back to moss lane and altrincham won 2-1 clive freeman  scored. i used to stand near the floor lights and watch the match on that bit of a field near the refreshments stall and the toilets i had some great days at altrincham football club. i remember  the team  jeff wealands mick carmody ken mckenna paul constantine paul cuddy jeff johson phil mcgreal  phil gardner terry lees dick johnson gk john davidson graham bennett  barry howard   graham heathcote mal bailey i think that is all of them. so i am a alty fan markecky

Alty drew 1-1 at Chester in 1992, not 0-0. Also, that "team" you named above spans a 25 year period of various squads between the 70's and early 90's.

Come on Alty!

York Alty

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 02:19:08 PM »

I'm getting annoyed with this.

Alty fans having a pop at each other is depressing.  There's only 1000 or so of us so please let's stick together.

ONE ALTY.
ONE CLUB.

we're two weeks away from the start of the season, let's get right behind the team. 
COME ON ALTY.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 05:13:20 PM »

RE Dale Johnson in the earlier thread.

I personally think this may be Dales season. Despite his lack of goal scoring, he holds the ball up very well and is also very skilfull. Other teams fear him when he runs at them. But where he will benefit is with Ken McKenna's experience as a prolific goal scoring striker. Taking nothing away from what Graham does for the team, but the addition of Kenny and his vast experience as a top-notch non-league striker can only be of great benefit to Dale and the team as a whole. Both Graham and Kenny can bring the best out of him but I am sure Kenny will help him with his game and he will more than achieve his goals - in more ways than one!!

Going on my jollies now, see you all next season

Steve from Sale

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 05:24:25 PM »

I truly hope you're right, Steve.

The next level from where we are now is for us to score more goals consistently (and perhaps even end the season with a positive goal difference!).
Colin has been unbelieveable for us but he can't go on for ever and the baton needs to be passed either this season or next.

In an ideal world we need two of our forwards to be very consistent strikers this year ... but then that's what every team is looking for!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2009, 05:26:34 PM »

RE Dale Johnson in the earlier thread.

I personally think this may be Dales season. Despite his lack of goal scoring, he holds the ball up very well and is also very skilfull. Other teams fear him when he runs at them. But where he will benefit is with Ken McKenna's experience as a prolific goal scoring striker. Taking nothing away from what Graham does for the team, but the addition of Kenny and his vast experience as a top-notch non-league striker can only be of great benefit to Dale and the team as a whole. Both Graham and Kenny can bring the best out of him but I am sure Kenny will help him with his game and he will more than achieve his goals - in more ways than one!!

Going on my jollies now, see you all next season

Steve from Sale

Opposition managers already loathe the fact we have him, Kmc was shouting farious things to Dale during the game which hopefully will help, even one thing creating a goal which gives us 3 points will make a difference

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 06:01:38 PM »

We also need our midfielders to contribute far more goals than was the case last season.

I think that Lawton and Danylyk only managed one league goal between them.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 06:06:38 PM »

We also need our midfielders to contribute far more goals than was the case last season.

That's true but the track record of Kearney and Crowell for goalscoring doesn't seem to be much better (up to now).

We seem to have lots of ball-winning defensive midfielders.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2009, 06:07:04 PM »

I've never seen so much midfield play in a long time as on Saturday, Kearney and Crowell certainly look like good aquasitions to the squad, and will hopefully chip in.

Lawton's goal was worth it though, just for the 3 points

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 06:11:43 PM »

Why on earth would you single out Dick "The Drop" Johnson and the abysmal Terry Lees....?!

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

joe

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 06:16:01 PM »

altrincham vs barnet  altrincham won 4-1 and we were top of the league with five games to go and alty blew they draw 1 lose 3 won 1  and it was not enough . i have been to wembley when altrincham won the fa trophy in 1986 scorer ronnie ellis alty won 1-0 . i went to the diva stadium altrincham vs chester in 1992 it was 0-0 and it went back to moss lane and altrincham won 2-1 clive freeman  scored. i used to stand near the floor lights and watch the match on that bit of a field near the refreshments stall and the toilets i had some great days at altrincham football club. i remember  the team  jeff wealands mick carmody ken mckenna paul constantine paul cuddy jeff johson phil mcgreal  phil gardner terry lees dick johnson gk john davidson graham bennett  barry howard   graham heathcote mal bailey i think that is all of them. so i am a alty fan markecky

Why on earth would you single out Dick "The Drop" Johnson and the abysmal Terry Lees....?!

Was Dick Johnson not known as Teflon due to his inability to hold anything?!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 12:00:46 AM »

Was Dick Johnson not known as Teflon due to his inability to hold anything?!

The first Alty goalkeeper that I remember being dubbed "Teflon Hands" was the infamous John Wood, who arrived at Moss Lane during the ill-fated Les Rigby period (1975/76).

Now, there was an interesting character.....!

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 score v Bolton.