Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty times that make you smile at odd moments..
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Alty times that make you smile at odd moments..  (Read 6451 times)

markecky

« on: February 04, 2011, 09:36:27 PM »

Use this thread to list amusing things that have happened at Alty.

I smiled to myself today as for some reason I remembered that time when we played Barrow at home.  They had a few nasty sods with them and one who looked like Barry Chuckle with a tash and cardigan.

We were giving him loads singing "to me..to you" and 100 people were swaying from side to side in one of the oddest things ever.  He was getting madder and madder until he was literally jumping up and down.

We then promptly scored and he went so mad he was arrested and led out by the police.

The chant always raises a smile!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty times that make you smile at odd moments..
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 09:52:50 PM »

I have a few tbh however i can never forget poor Hue cooper being sh*t on by a pigeon at a home game
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 09:54:23 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 10:13:49 PM »

Some others would include...

GS- Winding up the Macc fans for an hour then them attacking us as we tried to leave on the coach then asking me why they attacked us :)

Jimmy H- and Donald being thrown out of a Northwich game and then appearing on a roof across the road and carrying on watching the game :)

Donald vommitting repeatdley in a pub on the corner opposite the train station at Northwich and being asked to leave:)

Personally singing youve all being on crimewatch to the Barrow fans away as they jumped on metal segrgation trying to get to us and there own police smiling and agreeing

Ian Houghton Taunting the Dartford fans with a Yellow Bannana singing Bananna Bananna Bananna for about 35 minutes :)

Sneaking in Beer to the North pay off final just before Extra time and the stewards helping us in with the beer :)

Shouting at a Boston fan that he had bought his Burton Jumper 5 years ago in the sale - he was devestated as i used to work there and i knew how old it was :)

I could carry on but i will save it for my Alty biography ;)

« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:15:42 PM by wayno »

chris888

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 10:31:40 PM »

so far, a funny one, was the timmy mallet look a like that was from Cambridge who was unleashed on us by the cambridge fans, excellent example of 'taking the mick' out of someone, extremely humorous match and one we won :)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 10:55:33 PM »

Listening to Hughesy winding up the Opposition fans brings a big  :D to my face

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 10:57:37 PM »

GS- Winding up the Macc fans for an hour then them attacking us as we tried to leave on the coach then asking me why they attacked us :)

:D

This reminds me of an incident at Woking in 1999/2000. After the game (which we won 1-0) Gary became involved in a pitched "battle" with a Woking fan in the car park. They were throwing stones of increasing size at each other until Gary upped the stakes by picking up a rock (complete with earth) out of the ground and pursuing his "opponent" with it.

Ecky made a timely intervention (no doubt to the relief of the Woking fiend) and order was restored.

GS is a legend!
Come on Alty!

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 12:47:21 AM »

Going 1-0 up at Aldershot, Rosie then proceeds to say  ''If we get a 2nd,I'm pulling my pants down and dancing round the floodlights''.2 minutes later,the 2nd goes in,and he runs straight to the floodlights.....
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 08:47:12 AM »

i refer readers to the famous nasha sumersault over the advertising hoardings at frickley. 
Bernard Taylors barmy army

bigcol

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 08:54:36 AM »

Guiseley away - we'd already secured promotion and the players had obviously been 'celebrating' the night before.

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 09:03:51 AM »

Hugh Cooper sat in a shopping trolley at Chorley.

Pete Read's story about rallying the troops at half time, getting everyone to gather at the tunnel and then as the Alty players emerged for the 2nd half making Lawrence Iro flinch and duck by throwing out his fist and bellowing "COME ON ALTY!!!"

Ecky's Gateshead car story.

Memories of Big Bill and Brian Sweeney.

Phil Reynolds telling a bald man with a beard who had nearly run us over as we crossed a road at Welling that his head was on upside down.

My brother at Welling asking a couple outside the snack bar where they'd parked their caravan...and then asking them again the next season.

My brother walking up to a Macclesfield fan asking if he'd enjoyed our 3rd goal going in and asking him "what's in the carier bag then?"

The winding up of opposition fans from the popular side during quiet periods in games is an entertainment in itself and always makes me smile especially the cutting remarks that get even the away fans smiling..

And memories of hearing "who's the skipper? I'm the skipper"

markecky

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 09:11:47 AM »

Skipper...a true Alty character he was..still find it odd he is no longer with us.

Every ground we pulled up was "sh*te.."

Never forgot him being desperate for a wee at Nuneaton (I think) and piling off the coach and promptly relieving himself in the road...just as Graham Kelly walked past and he was a top FA official then and was just shaking his head!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 09:18:30 AM »

Mine have been mentioned with the Skipper incident that I always think about when the FA are mentioned... BRILLIANT...

Funniest Alty moment is Nasha at Frickley ... ABSOL AMAZING and laugh when trying to explain it as the image is marvellous (smiling now to myself whilst typing)

Enjoyed the "staying up, We're going down" song with actions at Woking when most of behind were doing it (Woking too) and how people were just disappearing behind the ad boards then re-appearing :)

A cork smashing the light in the coach as we celebrated the win on the way back from Chesterfield..

Singing to the Southport 'little hooligans' at Moss Lane.. 'You're not fans you're fourth year juniors :)'

Sorry for this Rosie but your g\friend coming to Barrow, on a wet windy night.. sat on the coach looking unimpressed, getting to Holker St, getting to sit in the stand as it was so blustery and wet and then her getting the ball kicked at her ... Then silence on the coach on the way back.

This list will be added to as I remember things...

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 09:33:36 AM by gazwarrington »

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 10:23:08 AM »

Shouting dog's abuse at the ref at Great Harwood when he'd unbelievable sent off the legendary Jack Swindells - and the linesman turning to us and saying through clenched teeth "I've got to admit I've worked with better !"

bumble

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 11:13:59 AM »

Way back from Eastbourne last season on the minibus, pitch black, everytime it silent someone sang " mr and mrs" -  and the look of annoyance after he'd finished - the person singing I'm sure was with steve Murray

Fa Cup vs Mansfield , two people infront discussing what the sheep in the field were saying to each other, and just general Sheep life

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 11:38:20 AM »

Skipper necking a bottle of vodka on his first ever away game and passing out we didnt dare ask his name so we knighted him skipper
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 11:40:37 AM by wayno »
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team