News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Eddie Hussin staying at Marine

Author Topic: Eddie Hussin staying at Marine  (Read 1529 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: June 01, 2007, 11:57:57 AM »

From Non League Daily Site

UniBond League Premier Division club Marine have announced the signings of former Spanish First Division midfielder Karl Brown and forward Kevin Towey from Leek Town.

Brown (pictured), 25, was a Welsh Youth international whilst at Derby County before playing for a full season at Getafe in Spain. Since then his clubs include Hednesford Town, Colwyn Bay, Barry Town and last season he played for AFC Telford United earlier in the campaign as well as UniBond Division One outfit Gresley Rovers.

Towey, 23, is a former Everton reserve who signed for Leek from Warrington Town in January 2007.

He started his career on the books of Chester City and then played for Knutsford and Barnton. He also represented the Mid-Cheshire League as England’s representative side in UEFA’s Regions Cup against Slovenia.

Midfield stalwart Eddie Hussin, who returned to the Mariners towards the end of last season, has agreed to stay with the Mariners as player-coach.

Marine chairman Paul Leary said: “The arrival of Karl Brown and Kevin Towey is good news for Marine as we prepare our plans for next season.

“The addition of these players to the existing squad, with only one player leaving from last season, will provide extra balance and playing options for the manager.

“I am looking forward already to next season and the decision by Tranmere Rovers and Macclesfield Town to play us at home in pre-season friendlies provides us with some very special interest at such an early stage in the season.”

Marine manager Alvin McDonald added: “Both players wanted to play for Marine and I am pleased that they have chosen to join us ahead of other interested clubs.

“I am delighted, as all Marine fans will be, that Eddie Hussin has accepted his new position as player-coach and this gives him his first opportunity in a coaching role at senior level.”

Shame Eddie wont be coming back to us but I know how keen he is on pursuing his coaching career

Good Luck to him and thanks for all he did for us

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Eddie Hussin staying at Marine
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 08:19:33 PM »

Agreed, best of luck Eddie, hope you get your badges quickly. A sensible move I think especially if the injury is likely to hamper you in the future as a player.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team