News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 MAD DOG MARATHON

Author Topic: MAD DOG MARATHON  (Read 1157 times)

taxi Phil

MAD DOG MARATHON
« on: April 06, 2013, 09:26:16 AM »

See main site and Mad Dog's blog.

There are just no words to describe the guts this guy continually displays. I feel incredibly humble that, despite never having actually had the privilege of speaking to him, I count him as a personal hero.

I'm a bankrupt OAP.....but sometimes something has to give, and last night I donated £20 to his Just Giving account. He's about a quarter of the way to his £3000 target. No matter how little any of you can afford, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE show your respect for this truly amazing man by donating something, no matter how small, to his cause of fighting the frightening illness he has been afflicted with, and which he positively refuses to go down to without one hell of a fight.

There just aren't enough words to express what I feel for this guy !!!!!

Hamilton

Re: MAD DOG MARATHON
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 11:06:56 AM »

See main site and Mad Dog's blog.

There are just no words to describe the guts this guy continually displays. I feel incredibly humble that, despite never having actually had the privilege of speaking to him, I count him as a personal hero.

I'm a bankrupt OAP.....but sometimes something has to give, and last night I donated £20 to his Just Giving account. He's about a quarter of the way to his £3000 target. No matter how little any of you can afford, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE show your respect for this truly amazing man by donating something, no matter how small, to his cause of fighting the frightening illness he has been afflicted with, and which he positively refuses to go down to without one hell of a fight.

There just aren't enough words to express what I feel for this guy !!!!!

Me too, regularly talk about the man to anyone who'll listen.

I sent a tweet to Jonathan Wall, R5Live should do a feature on Mark for the London Marathon, being the first man with MND to run the London Marathon...

joe

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 12:23:56 PM »

I've spoke to him loads of times and can honestly say he is a really top bloke!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 07:24:11 PM »

As you know I'm doing the Manchester 10K to raise funds for MND.

Normally I'd be on here asking people if they had a spare pound to sponsor me.

However this time I'm not.

Please, if you feel the need to sponsor anyone then make it Mark himself for his Marathon. It would be brilliant if, as well as being the first sufferer of MND to complete the Marathon, he raised a shed load of money to boot.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 MAD DOG MARATHON