PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We've got to learn and quickly
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: We've got to learn and quickly  (Read 18843 times)

eightiesrobin

Re: We've got to learn and quickly
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 06:13:22 PM »

I'm not a Marshall fan either, but yes, can't really say too much, as he looks more likely to score than our strikers at the minute.

Crowther is such an infuriating character, as is Gillespie, though for different reasons. They are both clearly talented, but I just get the feeling neither of them will be playing football for much longer.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2014, 06:18:10 PM »

Incidentally, has anyone noticed the tendency to poor results when we have a goal disallowed at 0-0?

By my reckoning, results in the past 12 months include:

Leek Town - lost 2-1
Worcester City - lost 2-1
Stockport County - drew 0-0
Woking - lost 2-0
Today - lost 1-0.

T.C

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2014, 06:25:42 PM »

i think the performance and sheer effort shown by marshall has been great, if only we could say that about all the players, we wouldent have lost today

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2014, 06:34:20 PM »

I watched the first half from the stand and saw the fear in Crowther's eyes when the ball was coming towards him, he simply didn't want to be on the pitch today.

Crowther's attitude today was an utter disgrace.

When he turned his back on one challenge in front of the Main Stand during the first half, it should have been Sinnott's cue to withdraw him instantly.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jimmy

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2014, 06:38:08 PM »

How to beat the struggling sides in this league. That was abject again, when at home to a side in the bottom five. I make that roughly a third of Nuneaton's points yeild has come against us. Eventually the wins against decent sides will stop, we need to learn quickly. Nicky clee was no use on the right wing in the league below, so it's not going to have improved is it.
Is it not to late to learn we have already played the wank and in some cases twice however we will be ok because we have turned into a decent side on the back foot against the better sides also the better pro sides are not much cop but yes it's not ideal

markecky

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2014, 06:40:21 PM »

Badly missed Richmans energy, Dens right wing attacking threat and Cavanaghs ability to sort stuff out.  

Made for a disjointed performance, coupled with missing the chances we did create made for a poor showing against one of the poorest teams I've seen for a long time.

Jenga

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2014, 06:40:39 PM »

Crowther didnt want the ball in the first half and quite rightly so in my opinion. The ground was hard, the ball bobbling and it was not easy to turn on the worst part of the pitch. No point pinging the ball to him, when he cant change direction and expect the ball to bounce funny. I sometimes think people have a go at players without thinking. Second half however he was poor.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2014, 06:40:47 PM »

When he turned his back on one challenge in front of the Main Stand during the first half, it should have been Sinnott's cue to withdraw him instantly.

Sinnott has a cue? I think I know where to stick it. Appalling team selection, formation and substitutions. The man continues to be infuriating.

Jimmy

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2014, 06:46:55 PM »

Crowther didnt want the ball in the first half and quite rightly so in my opinion. The ground was hard, the ball bobbling and it was not easy to turn on the worst part of the pitch. No point pinging the ball to him, when he cant change direction and expect the ball to bounce funny. I sometimes think people have a go at players without thinking. Second half however he was poor.
He showed a lack of commitment that's unacceptable

eightiesrobin

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2014, 06:50:02 PM »

Your tendency to excuse the inexcusable hits new heights with that one. Nicky Clee managed to run through that area without a problem. Crowther was utterly craven today. Unless he was carrying a knock or unwell, then his display was unacceptable. If he was injured or unwell, then he shouldn;t have been playing.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2014, 06:51:49 PM »

Rubbish, he was just as dross in the second half.

The second half performance was utterly wank, at least we had a little bit of drive in the first. As usual with Alty, one step forward and two back.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2014, 07:09:21 PM »

Sinnot had a go at Crowther after about 15mins.
Not sure what he said but Crowthers response was "its like concrete down here"
Sinnot should have subbed him immediately or at the very least got him over to the right and brought Clee over to the left.
Without Cav or Richman to put it about a bit we are a soft touch. Pity both were missing today.
It didn't help that our centre forward chose today to spurn at least four gilt edge chances.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2014, 07:40:50 PM »

hey? Oh dear! I was brought up, no matter the conditions you put on a shirt, want the ball and put yourself about. Sorry mate but worst comment I've ever seen on here!  Clee got in near enough straight away committed a defender and slipped into Jimmy.  His attitude stunk, he was sulking like a school kid. At least give things a go!

brian1925

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2014, 07:51:24 PM »

As others have said, without Cav and Simon we lacked any midfield aggression and a poor Nuneaton bossed us in the middle of the park. However, we lost the game because their keeper had a cracking game and Reevesy missed a sitter he would normally have put away in his sleep.

ripleym

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2014, 07:56:05 PM »

Badly missed Richmans energy, Dens right wing attacking threat and Cavanaghs ability to sort stuff out. 

Made for a disjointed performance, coupled with missing the chances we did create made for a poor showing against one of the poorest teams I've seen for a long time.

Exactly what I said to a couple of people at full time; how much did we miss a number of key players today: Dens, Cavanagh and Richman?  Even with the players we had out, we should be putting a team like Nuneaton away.  I do not think I have seen a worse team play at Moss Lane this season.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:11:39 PM by SemiProTog »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We've got to learn and quickly