PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We've got to learn and quickly
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: We've got to learn and quickly  (Read 18843 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 28, 2014, 05:08:29 PM »

How to beat the struggling sides in this league. That was abject again, when at home to a side in the bottom five. I make that roughly a third of Nuneaton's points yeild has come against us. Eventually the wins against decent sides will stop, we need to learn quickly. Nicky clee was no use on the right wing in the league below, so it's not going to have improved is it.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: We've got to learn and quickly
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 05:27:06 PM »

Clee on the right a deinite no no,put it down to a bad day at the office, I feel a sttriker and or winger should be brought in .

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 05:36:46 PM »

Crowther was a waste of time today , Wilko not much better ,  there keeper kept them in it , but had a feeling we would lose .

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 05:38:11 PM »

That was atrocious. Absolute bunch of fannies. No drive, no power, no real hardness to punish a team there for the taking. It really needs addressing. It won't be addressed of course but it should be.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 05:46:14 PM »

Good goalkeeping and poor finishing cost us today. Second half we were poor like they were but we should still have scored a couple of goals. Ryan was poor today but we lost our shape when he went off. we missed cav and Richman today, either rotated or injured but we did enough to secure the points if we had been more clinical, also pity Tom's effort was ruled offside.

Lets hope we are back to full strength on Thursday.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 05:49:28 PM »

I watched the first half from the stand and saw the fear in Crowther's eyes when the ball was coming towards him, he simply didn't want to be on the pitch today. Clee is most definately a no no on the right, far too narrow today. Clee and Griffin attacking are our weapons, Nicky never has been effective cutting in,he's so good at taking them on out wide then maybe cutting in when in the box.  Moult and Williams in the first 30 mins were unreal, they bossed it but we faded and the second half performance was as cold as the weather!

eightiesrobin

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 05:53:30 PM »

A few points:

Why Nicky Clee played on the right and Crowther on the left is beyond me. As soon as they swapped positions, Nicky looked better. Then, they revert to their original places for the second half.

Ryan Crowther looked like the kid at school who hates PE. Short of standing still, pulling his sleeves over his hands, then putting them down his shorts, he could not have looked less interested.  A real sulk today.

Sean Williams is not up to it IMO. All huff and puff with a consistently average final ball.

Greg Wilkinson must have been shell-shocked at seeing action so early, which probably explained the fact that he disappeared the entire time he was on the pitch. I genuinely think he doesn't know what his role is. Put him out of his misery Lee.

Kyle Perry. What more is there to say? I know that people will come on here and start digging me and saying he has a role to play, but I say you're all wrong. I don't think I have ever seen a man look less like a footballler. When he blasted his shot so wide of the goal that it went for a throw in, Alty fans were laughing. He is now not even the best striker in Stubblemelt.

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 05:56:18 PM »

Good goalkeeping and poor finishing cost us today. Second half we were poor like they were but we should still have scored a couple of goals. Ryan was poor today but we lost our shape when he went off. we missed cav and Richman today, either rotated or injured but we did enough to secure the points if we had been more clinical, also pity Tom's effort was ruled offside.

Lets hope we are back to full strength on Thursday.

On another day Damian takes those chances and we scrape through the game playing like absolute toss, but I don't think we did anywhere near enough to earn the win today. More than poor finishing cost us. There's no way we deserved to win that because we showed a complete lack of endeavour to do so. We were physically bullied at times and it was atrocious to watch.

Luckily we remain 10 points clear (albeit other sides have games in hand.) For me its all about staying up by any means necessary and we're doing that so far, but as Figgy says the results against decent sides cannot go on forever. On the other hand though, our performances against the crap in this league cannot go on forever either. We'll get it right.

We're a team with big complacency issues and the lows have been pretty bloody low this season, but the season's aim has always been to stay up and we're accomplishing that.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 05:58:39 PM »

A few points:

Why Nicky Clee played on the right and Crowther on the left is beyond me. As soon as they swapped positions, Nicky looked better. Then, they revert to their original places for the second half.

Ryan Crowther looked like the kid at school who hates PE. Short of standing still, pulling his sleeves over his hands, then putting them down his shorts, he could not have looked less interested.  A real sulk today.

Sean Williams is not up to it IMO. All huff and puff with a consistently average final ball.

Greg Wilkinson must have been shell-shocked at seeing action so early, which probably explained the fact that he disappeared the entire time he was on the pitch. I genuinely think he doesn't know what his role is. Put him out of his misery Lee.

Kyle Perry. What more is there to say? I know that people will come on here and start digging me and saying he has a role to play, but I say you're all wrong. I don't think I have ever seen a man look less like a footballler. When he blasted his shot so wide of the goal that it went for a throw in, Alty fans were laughing. He is now not even the best striker in Stubblemelt.

Williams was the best player on the pitch first half. Such a difference watching it from the stand, he won the ball, he drove and his pasing was very good

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 05:59:24 PM »

I wasn't there today but although the result was disappointing you've got to take into account the schedule, the conditions in the Chester game and the depleted squad. This wasn't the only "odd" result today. Who would have backed Chester to win at Halifax?

I wonder if Tom Marshall could play centre-forward? Now that Scott Leather is back it might be an option.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 06:01:56 PM »

To add to my reply to eightiesrobin. I totally agree about Kyle, truly awful and embarrassing!

eightiesrobin

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 06:02:53 PM »

A few points:

Williams was the best player on the pitch first half. Such a difference watching it from the stand, he won the ball, he drove and his pasing was very good

He's been a big disappointment this season IMO. I would take Jake Moult over him every time. Diff'rent strokes I suppose.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 06:07:30 PM »

Love Moult too! I think we have good centre mids. We need two wide men, Clee is injured too often, a strong and quick forward and a centre back cover as I personally see lots of mistakes in Marshall but wouldn't be fair to expand when he's been playing well!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 06:09:31 PM »

Too add about Williams as with Richman they bring energy and cover lots of ground which are massive attributes in this league even though the standard has massively dropped since we were last in it!

T.C

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2014, 06:13:05 PM »

so disapointing, but no-longer a surprise, thought we may win at chester and after doing so, half expected us to lose today

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team