News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shotten ready for cup battle

Author Topic: Shotten ready for cup battle  (Read 1035 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 26, 2007, 07:31:50 PM »

Shotton ready for Cup battle
By Connor Murphy
Comment

Skipper Darren Tinson should be fit for the trip to Kendal.
RYAN Shotton is ready to do battle for Alty in the FA Cup after being given permission to play by his club.

There were doubts over whether the on-loan Stoke defender would be able to play in tomorrow's Fourth Qualifying Round tie at Kendal Town, making him cup-tied for any game in the later rounds with his parent club.

But Shotton was given the go-ahead for yesterday evening and should continue his partnership with Darren Tinson at the heart of Alty's defence.

Tinson has been undergoing intensive treatment this week in a bid to recover from a knock picked up in last week's 3-1 defeat to Ebbsfleet and is hopeful he will be ready for the trip to Cumbria.

Chris Senior should also be fit to start but the Robins will be without Colin Potts and Val Owen through injury, while on-loan Bury striker James Dean has been denied permission to play in the FA Cup.

And despite the fact Alty have not reached the First Round Proper for five years but manager Graham Heathcote expressed his excitment about embarking on another FA Cup campaign.

He said: "I've been brutally honest with the lads this week and we will see what happens tomorrow.

"I do know if they get themselves right, they are definitely capable of getting the job done.

"FA Cup days are always good, I really look forward to them. It's the history of the competition and the thoughts of what is possible that make it so special.

"One thing's for sure, there will be an upset somewhere tomorrow, we've just got to do our damnest to make sure it's not us on the receiving end.

"If Darren Tinson manages to get fit for the game, it's real credit to him.

"His attitude this week is exactly what I've been asking for. He's been having treatment three times a day to get him ready in time for the game and that's the kind of desire we want."

4:35pm today

@AltyDaz
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team