PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Through the years!
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Through the years!  (Read 3647 times)

markecky

Re: Through the years!
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 10:24:43 AM »

Northwich at the Drill Field on New Years Day 1995 (just before we played Spurs) was freezing, I recall snow on the ground outside and the pitch looked rock hard, how it went ahead I'll never know, Chris Sharratt IRC got our last minute equalier in a 1-1 draw. In the same vein the legendary 3-2 win at Macc about a year later when there was literally huge mounds of snow piled up all around the pitch and the 250 or so in the away end couldn't quite believe their eyes as stabby backilroy's men got a well deserved beating after his typically underhand tactics in getting the game on. In more recent times Stafford in the play off season was weird, how was that pitch passed as playable?!

I remember that Macc game, they moved Heaven and earth to get it on as we had about 10 injuries.

A bloke with ginger hair scored for us I think whose name escapes me.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2009, 11:11:51 AM »

Northwich at the Drill Field on New Years Day 1995 (just before we played Spurs) was freezing, I recall snow on the ground outside and the pitch looked rock hard, how it went ahead I'll never know, Chris Sharratt IRC got our last minute equalier in a 1-1 draw. In the same vein the legendary 3-2 win at Macc about a year later when there was literally huge mounds of snow piled up all around the pitch and the 250 or so in the away end couldn't quite believe their eyes as stabby backilroy's men got a well deserved beating after his typically underhand tactics in getting the game on. In more recent times Stafford in the play off season was weird, how was that pitch passed as playable?!

I remember that Macc game, they moved Heaven and earth to get it on as we had about 10 injuries.

A bloke with ginger hair scored for us I think whose name escapes me.

Ecky,

The goalscorers that night were Stuart Terry (2) and Dean Pritchard.

I suspect that you are thinking of Mark Clancy, a small ginger haired character who played on the left side of our midfield.

A couple of weeks later, he got bulldozed at Guiseley in that 4-0 FA Trophy defeat and was never seen again.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

VofD

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2009, 02:13:59 PM »

You need to drink whisky in Paisley just to get over the fact you're in Paisley (but its not as bad as Irvine, which is so bad the 2nd team in the town is called Vics - a bit like Northwich)

JD.  What about the 1st team in Irvine - the Mighty MEADOW. Will you be going to Easter Road on 9th Jan?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2009, 05:23:58 PM »

You need to drink whisky in Paisley just to get over the fact you're in Paisley (but its not as bad as Irvine, which is so bad the 2nd team in the town is called Vics - a bit like Northwich)

JD.  What about the 1st team in Irvine - the Mighty MEADOW. Will you be going to Easter Road on 9th Jan?

Doubt it, but J's mum will be going to an official function in recognition of their achievement.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Through the years!