News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Three years

Author Topic: Three years  (Read 1720 times)

RobinHood

Three years
« on: May 17, 2014, 11:54:36 PM »

It seems a long time ago that we were relegated at home to Eastbourne Borough and it appeared that our world was caving in.
But the Conference North has been quite fun (for my money). As an exile I can't get to every game, but the Conf North has allowed me to see more Alty matches away from home, just as the Conf Prem will allow others to see more Alty matches.
I've visited 15 new grounds, seen one fantastic Cup run and two utterly dismal runs in the following season (yes Trafford & Leek, you know who you are)
I've seen us win more of the matches than I was seeing us win in the tougher league above.
To not reach the play offs in year one was disappointing, to lose in the semis in year two was painful (but fully deserved in as much as we were crap at Brackley). But to win it this year in the manner that we did, with a packed Moss Lane in the 121st minute, with our two strikers taken off, is simply sensational.
Success breeds success and we now have a settled winning team, which will stand us in good stead for the big boys league. A league which we have undeniably earned the right to be in.
Well done to the management team, all the players, back room staff, volunteers, directors, ball boys and Dawn (thanks for the coffee, chuck, two sugars, cheers)
Can't wait for the day the fixtures are released.
Have a good summer everyone,
Robin Hood.

markecky

Re: Three years
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 12:04:32 AM »

Very good post.

I'm going into the summer very proud of what we have achieved and are achieving on and off the pitch. 

It's a good time to be an Alty fan and I think we deserve it.

RobinHood

Re: Three years
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 12:12:25 AM »

It's a great reward too for those fans in particular who go to so many away matches.
Hopefully some of those that came for the first ever, or the first time in a long time will get the bug and come along a little more often. All are welcome.
Sometimes I keep pinching myself, whispering four thousand six hundred and thirty two. Phenomenal.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Three years