News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Thursday 3 May 2007: STAFF v SUPPORTERS FOOTBALL MATCH - Players Needed

Author Topic: Thursday 3 May 2007: STAFF v SUPPORTERS FOOTBALL MATCH - Players Needed  (Read 2201 times)

markecky

All,

On the evening of Thursday 3rd May there will be the third instalment of the AFC Staff v Supporters match at Altrincham.  We will once again be holding trials for the chance to play in the match.  As this is a fundraising game for the club there will be an fee of £30 to take part in the match.  Sandwiches are included for players after the match.  Each player also recieves a great  trophy for playing as well.

This is a chance to take part in the match experience at Alty and its the closest most of us are going to get to running out in the red and white jersey.  Lads who have played before will tell you its a real buzz to play on the Moss lane pitch.

I've been asked to manage the team again for three reasons.  One reason is that I couldn't be considered to play due to having one cruciate ligament.  Two is that I am fat and cannot run down the stairs without bending double.  And three is that we have won the other two fixtures despite the underhand tactics of the staff team containing ex manchester united players and we are keen to do the "treble"

Its a fun game and a great night, but its a game we want to win.

There are a few criteria for selection as follows

1) Players must be aged 16 or over

2) Players must be supporters of the club.  They must attend regularly.  We will get more players than we need I am sure so we want to reward the people who it will mean most to.

3) You don't need to be Ronaldinho but the ability to kick the ball in a straight line and run is essential, regardless of how many games you come to.

If you would like to put you name down for the trials then please email me at marke@cottontraders.co.uk.  In order for everyone to get a fair game we must restrict the numbers to 16 in the squad.

We will be having a couple of get togethers at our training base on the park opposite St Ambrose next Wednesday and a week on Thursday.

The first general one for everyone will be on Weds 18th April at 19:00.  If we ger more than 16 names then we will pick a squad of 16 from the people who come.  There maybe some players needed for the staff side as well.  Don't worry about the fact you are not staff, its never bothered them the other two years  :o

The final 16 will then get together on Thurs 26th April for the measuring of the suits.

Please let me have your names as soon as possible.  Remember this is a supporters game and no matter how good your mate Sid who used to be at City when he was 14  is, if he doesn't watch Alty then he can't play.

Any questions, let me know.

I already have the following names ( please note that even though some of these paid already this will not guarantee inclusion as we just wanted names rather then money at first to make it fair.  Any monies paid will be refunded if not selected for the final 16)

Neil Faulkner
Michael McDonnell
Nick Roberts
Nick Wright
Allan Simper
Tom Cosgrave
Rob Johnson
Frazer Thorley
Wayne Thorley
Rick Jordan (GK)
James Harwood
James Black
Andy Longsden
Noel Shields (be afraid..be very afraid)
Ollie Needham

« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 09:23:16 AM by markecky »

bighairedmike

We will be having a couple of get togethers at our training base on the park opposite St Ambrose on Thursday.

is that this thursday as in today? ???

markecky

Sorry, amended now.  Will be next Wednesday.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Considering the number of Alty's games that he has watched from the Main Stand, is Justin Bowler eligible to play for the Supporters' XI?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

markecky

May I refer you to point three of the Criteria....

3) You don't need to be Ronaldinho but the ability to kick the ball in a straight line and run is essential, regardless of how many games you come to.

Altyant

May I refer you to point three of the Criteria....

He can kick it in a straight line, just a straight line over the Golf Road roof  ;D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Thursday 3 May 2007: STAFF v SUPPORTERS FOOTBALL MATCH - Players Needed