PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Team
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Today's Team  (Read 6886 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Today's Team
« on: December 28, 2013, 02:32:51 PM »

Greg Wilkinson comes in for Simon Richman, who has a knock to the knee but is on the bench.
Shaun Densmore is still unavailable due to a family illness.

Coburn
Leather.....Havern......Marshall......Griffin
Wilkinson......Rogers......Moult........Clee
Reeves....Perry

Subs:

Doughty
Richman
Walshaw
Smikle
Lawrie

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Team
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 06:00:17 PM »

Awful first half.

Had enough chances to win. The disallowed goal for offside was very dubious. When Walshaw hit the post he should  have squared to Reeves who was unmarked four yards out.

2pts lost as last week.
Full time and proud of it

Pat

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 06:33:10 PM »

Sinnott needs to get a grip of his team selections

Perry is woeful, if ever a game was made for Walshaw it was today, and he saved us a point and almost won it for us

If Perry starts at Stalybridge, I give up

2 points tossed away by poor management yet again

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 07:36:18 PM »

Perry is woeful, if ever a game was made for Walshaw it was today, and he saved us a point and almost won it for us

True, but if the ref had seen Walshaw with his elbows on their number 2 he could *cost us* points in future games with a needless ban. Also agree he could have squared to Reeves but what striker would when in on goal?

Not sure on the offside goal and Moult probably would've got a pen on another day.

Let's all breathe and onwards to Stalybridge

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 07:57:38 PM »

Tbh, after the Gloucester match, A draw at Guiseley and Barrow plus a win(hopefully double) over Stalybridge was about as good as I expected from Christmas.

4 points off top with a game in hand isn't exactly unmanageable. Every team seems to be unable to put much of a run together at the moment.

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 09:43:01 PM »

Today we managed to make a very limited Barrow side look good. Wilkinson is NOT a right winger, and in any event appears to have suffered a sudden drastic loss of form. Griffin, having won MOM on Boxing Day, had a mare. Playing with a howling gale behind us in the first half, we persisted in hoofing high balls up to Perry, who wasn't on a going day. Rodgers scarcely played a ball to a team mate all afternoon.

OK, the ref was inept (we can say that far too often), the conditions weren't easy, and Barrow were decidedly up for it......but when Paddy Lacey looks one of the better players on the pitch, it tells you we haven't progressed one millimetre from last season. In fact, we're heading backwards in my opinion.

As if I didn't feel bad enough, I had bloody David Birch behind me on the coach chuntering "He's had it, has Coburn.....he's past it."  England's Number One made a number of crucial saves, without which we would have surely lost. Give me fkn strength !

And if we manage to contrive a way to lose to that pile of manure at Bower Fold on Wednesday, I'll drive Sinnott home to Hull personally, and lob him off the Humber Bridge.

Rant over, but I'm simmering........ 

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 11:19:39 PM »

When we walked out I thought the players were not switched on enough. It was cold and windy for sure. I was right. From the off our tempo was poor and we were closed down by Barrow, who were up for it. Wilkinson was not up for the fight today and it cost us early on as he did not apply pressure or help Leather out, they scored (and with a hint off offside).

Too many players were not on the "A" game today. The introduction of Walshaw helped us second half as we battled away.

Spoke with a number of Barrow supporters who said it was a very good performance by them compared to what they normally witnessed!

In the end we created enough opportunities to win the match but poor finishing and a dubious off side cost us.

If we had started with the attitude and tempo of Boxing day, things may have been different. We missed the bite of Richman today. At least we are still in the hunt as others drop points. lets hope for a better performance on New Years day.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 11:58:00 PM »

I've been saying it for two years now, one this league is poor and we need to get out of it and secondly that sinnott doesn't consistently get the players up for it aswell as poor tactically decisions.  Please no one defend him with the Stalybridge game because they were the worst defence and keeper I've seen this year and that's saying something,  well on parr with Droylsden! If he fails to get us promoted he must then go, simple as that in my eyes!  We now nearly have the team so let's get performing game after game!

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 11:58:48 PM »

*tactic decisions

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 02:09:24 AM »

I've been saying it for two years now, one this league is poor and we need to get out of it and secondly that sinnott doesn't consistently get the players up for it aswell as poor tactically decisions.  Please no one defend him with the Stalybridge game because they were the worst defence and keeper I've seen this year and that's saying something,  well on parr with Droylsden! If he fails to get us promoted he must then go, simple as that in my eyes!  We now nearly have the team so let's get performing game after game!

The one thing I don't get with you Ollie is you've seemed to be anti Sinnott since the start of last season. Yet if I was a neutral,last season was a joy to watch,and we've not been bad this season, some excitement you said we lacked.Don't get me wrong, I completely agree no promotion this season and he has to go. I just have a feeling some people on this forum and at games want him to fail to validate their thoughts. I know this is a poor league in terms of quality,which is why many get frustrated. But we aren't Hyde or Chester,so it will be tough to win,but were right in there.

As for today, as I put on here after guiseley, a minimum of 7 from 9,and this was the game I thought we'd draw.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 08:16:41 AM »

Could not put it better myself.

Perry is useless and should never start a game again. We should never have signed him as he has brought absolutely nothing to the team.

I genuinely can not understand why Sinnott rates him???

brian1925

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 09:33:33 AM »

The answer to that is the 4 flick ons he made to Reeves against Staly. Unfortunately this does not work against well organised defences. Whether they work well together or not, we must be choosing Walshaw and Reeves, as they're simply more likely to score.

Jimmy

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 10:20:53 AM »

The one thing I don't get with you Ollie is you've seemed to be anti Sinnott since the start of last season. Yet if I was a neutral,last season was a joy to watch,and we've not been bad this season, some excitement you said we lacked.Don't get me wrong, I completely agree no promotion this season and he has to go. I just have a feeling some people on this forum and at games want him to fail to validate their thoughts. I know this is a poor league in terms of quality,which is why many get frustrated. But we aren't Hyde or Chester,so it will be tough to win,but were right in there.

As for today, as I put on here after guiseley, a minimum of 7 from 9,and this was the game I thought we'd draw.
To be honest this league is so poor we should win it easily despite giving everyone a big head start I think Telford or guiseley are the likely winners

markecky

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 10:46:06 AM »

Can't be in depth about yesterday as only caught the second half on the radio through work.  Had the classic Alty script though didn't it, team on a terrible run wins the game before and then we give them the dream start they need to settle.

The things we are doing are happening to every other team as well though, big spending Ferriby shouldn't be losing 3-0 at home to a terrible BPA.

Soon 2/3 of teams are going to pull away as Jim says, I reckon it will be us, Telford and Guiseley.  We 've got the chance to take 6 points off Telford and we have had 4 off Guiseley so they will be beating others around us if they do.

Let's get behind them at the Bridge and see off Leamington (who I know are doing well), we could well be top by the end of it.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2013, 11:11:50 AM »

Can't be in depth about yesterday as only caught the second half on the radio through work.  Had the classic Alty script though didn't it, team on a terrible run wins the game before and then we give them the dream start they need to settle.

The things we are doing are happening to every other team as well though, big spending Ferriby shouldn't be losing 3-0 at home to a terrible BPA.

Soon 2/3 of teams are going to pull away as Jim says, I reckon it will be us, Telford and Guiseley.  We 've got the chance to take 6 points off Telford and we have had 4 off Guiseley so they will be beating others around us if they do.

Let's get behind them at the Bridge and see off Leamington (who I know are doing well), we could well be top by the end of it.

Ferriby beat BPA 2-1 didn't they???
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's Team