PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Excellent result, Decent crowd
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Excellent result, Decent crowd  (Read 6997 times)

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Excellent result, Decent crowd
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2013, 10:29:43 PM »

one other point i would like to bring up ... how good was scott leather at right back? solid got forward (maybe not as much as dens )when needed made the back four complete with out doing anything world beating.Maybe push dens on the right side of mid but i would like to see scott more often on the right
FFS

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2013, 12:23:07 AM »

Scott never lets us down , well played

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2013, 09:45:11 AM »

Would be a call to drop one of the back four to put Densmore in at rb but using him as a rw must be worth a punt. Its been the weakest position all season and his drive and determination may be well served there.
Full time and proud of it

taxi Phil

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 09:53:59 AM »

Would be a call to drop one of the back four to put Densmore in at rb but using him as a rw must be worth a punt. Its been the weakest position all season and his drive and determination may be well served there.
We were saying precisely that yesterday afternoon. There was also a cracking break down the right from Scott where he whipped in a decent cross.......Shaun could drop back to cover Scott, just as Nicky does when Buzz breaks upfield.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 02:09:22 PM »

Richman is our best right sided player, energy and puts a decent ball in and scores a few in that position! Moult unsung hero, he's important to our team. Impressed by Griffin but knew a wee bit about him before we signed him, Marshall put some decent tackles in and will be a good asset when fit.  Perry still poor,  distribution and finishing is so rushed and wayward in most games. Does anyone have any idea why Reeves and Walshaw have fallen out? Surely they can be sat together with the manager to sort it out, they ain't kids!

GEOFF HOOLEY

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2013, 03:40:36 PM »

reeves & walshaw were chatting together when reeves was subbed . , what fall out?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2013, 05:03:04 PM »

I don't think they've fallen out, they are just very similar players, I think because a couple of people have said that on here a few times, its now taken as fact, when there's probably no truth in the assumption whatsoever. Wether they've quite worked out how to play with each other yet is another discussion.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2013, 05:43:55 PM »

talking of attendances, 803 at Runcorn Derby in NWC League, show's one or two of our league opponents up a tad!!

Under 300 at Brackley again.

You're doing dear old Brackley a disservice there.

They enjoyed a bumper attendance of 529 yesterday.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2013, 05:45:04 PM »

reeves & walshaw were chatting together when reeves was subbed . , what fall out?

Yes, but did Walshaw pass a bottle of water to Reeves though...?

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2013, 05:49:29 PM »

Playing dens right mid not a bad call the 99 team had 2 left backs playing Adams and Robertson and it worked a treat I would say centre mid is weaker we need a tough man or someone who can read the game better so he intercepts rather than tackles

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2013, 05:50:04 PM »

Where do you start.

A truly appalling Bridge display summed up by the keeper.

Not only was he dreadful but insisted on taking the girl kicks from the middle of the 6 yard thus ensuring he ran through the muddiest part of the pitch.

Was this his own personal tribute to the can-can dancers at the Moulin Rouge?

taxi Phil

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2013, 06:06:43 PM »

Where do you start.

A truly appalling Bridge display summed up by the keeper.

Not only was he dreadful but insisted on taking the girl kicks from the middle of the 6 yard thus ensuring he ran through the muddiest part of the pitch.

Was this his own personal tribute to the can-can dancers at the Moulin Rouge?

I'm pretty sure it's not what Mr.Heslop trained him to do.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 08:55:17 PM by Romeo 48 »

GEOFF HOOLEY

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2013, 07:09:54 PM »

Yes, but did Walshaw pass a bottle of water to Reeves though...?
yes i think he did , but like usual he was,nt ready for it .

markecky

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2013, 07:35:45 PM »

Both are out and out goalscorers, both used to being top dog up front at their respective clubs.  When you have two players wanting to score goals it can often lead to one thinking the other one is selfish etc.  I don't know of a direct fallout for the record and I said, they don't need to be best buddies.

Personally I don't think the issue that most people have is with Reeves and Walshaw, it's the fact that one is sometimes left out for a player who isn't anywhere near the standard of those two, so in effect an inferior replacement.

Not sure what GEOOFF HOOLEY's comments are all about, quells any talk of a problem and then fans them again with a criticism of Reeves?  You don't need to be Poirot to work out you are a relation/close mate of Walshaw so that doesn't really help I'd say.

Anyway looking forward to seeing that clown keeper again on Alty TV and Moults bit of skill for the fourth goal shortly.

ripleym

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2013, 08:10:58 PM »

My photos are inconclusive, but pretty sure Moult 'megs his man to get to the byline.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Excellent result, Decent crowd