PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hednesford Match
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hednesford Match  (Read 9460 times)

VofD

Re: Hednesford Match
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 10:45:59 PM »

I've only just got in after being hauld out of the canal.

It wasn't Sinnott fault Leather and Lawrie were unavailable or the ref was sh*t, it was however his fault for the two most sh*t subs ever.

The man only has 14 players to pick from.

How he left Wilkinson on when completely bolloxed and not replacing him with Gilroy is  madness.

Rumours that Reeves spent the 2nd half in the bar and Cleee had a door slamming barny with Sinnott suggest something is not right.

Time for a managerial change before this season has gone tits up

Very, very true.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 10:54:51 PM »

A bit early to be thinking about a change of manager , may feel differently if we aren't in a play off place come christmas

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 11:02:50 PM »

Said many times now!Sinnott can see a player who can play football but tactically sinnott is very poor and basic! He will never get  this current squad up for games! I am critical but I say things for the good of the club,  I hope he proves me wrong but I just don't think he's right for alty! Last post of the season for me! I honestly do hope he proves me wrong but this must be his last chance to get us up?? As for perry, now I would be confident of making more of an impact than him. Sinnott grow some, clear out and get faces in, centre back and wide men are a must?

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2013, 11:07:19 PM »

Who ?

Jenga

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2013, 11:09:56 PM »

Reeves i think toiled for no joy. But Perry weakened the team and Reeves would have done a much better job unless he felt himself that he was struggling and getting no change from the defenders.

Clee was on his game, was taking people on and working well. For the life of me why he changed him for Smikle is beyond me. If i was Clee i would be slamming doors and be very pissed off at being taken off. You could see Clees reaction as he came off, arms outstretched to Sinnout to say why why why.

Smikle is poor and is no better than the worst we had last year.

Wilkinson was awesome but was knackered at the end and should have been replaced. He ran his heart out and fully deserved man of the match. Well done.

markecky

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2013, 11:14:57 PM »

If we'd have won today we'd have been in a very good position.

Whether you like him or you don't, no board would be sacking a manager in the position we are in.

He now needs to earn his corn and get this squad strengthened and ship out the two pre season signings that haven't worked as they are both letting him down.

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2013, 11:19:33 PM »

Fair point ecky the problem is can Sinnott get us promoted not to sure

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2013, 11:22:22 PM »

As I asked who we get for the two people the every one wants out

markecky

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2013, 11:27:27 PM »

As I asked who we get for the two people the every one wants out

Alan, I'm not being flippant when I say we could honestly get anyone in to outperform those two.

markecky

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2013, 11:32:12 PM »

Fair point ecky the problem is can Sinnott get us promoted not to sure

I'm not sure either Jim but then again would a new man bring us all we are looking for, not sure of that either.

I remain 50/50 on the bloke but today he has got it wrong in my opinion. ( and I know you agree)

Some big games coming up now for sure...

Jimmy

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2013, 01:32:48 AM »

A thing that worrys me is we will have to win the league to go up because not sure this side has a playoff fight in them

brian1925

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2013, 06:57:30 AM »

I wap pretty upset yesterday, so this post has waited until now. I agree with everything that has been said so far. Has that 'ref' ever officiated us before, as in 25 years of following Alty i've never seen a guy so obviously out to get us from the start and i was wondering if we'd upset him somewhere along the line.
We actually fought very hard yesterday and looked good enough even for a draw when it was 10 v 12!!! I to was pleased with Wilkinson's performance and i'm glad we've got him. Dens and Luca were superb again, as were Jake and Wally. Imo the best player on the pitch was the little tubby lad at no 8 for them - pulled all the strings for them and much better than Conf North.
Lee must have had his reasons for those seemingly dreadful substitutions, though i look fwd to hearing them. Does anyone know the contractual situations re. Smikle and Perry - it's becoming embarassing for all concerned that they continue at this level, surely the kids could do no worse?

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2013, 07:35:52 AM »

I ain't suggesting we get rid of sinnott, not his biggest fan but give him until the end of the season!  Look at the first player he got rid of, which was robbie lawton! Footballing talent not the greatest but heart and desire massive, that set out the stall for the character change in the squad! We have talented players but we need more! A bloody hard as f*ck ball winner in the centre mid and defence! Wide men who can beat players!

arnald

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2013, 07:46:38 AM »

in this game playing top of the table is difficult enough with 11 players
it is a test if we can dig deep and get a point
we were unable to do that
so can we win the league now ?
not with like this and
if we don't win this league some one
will pick us off in the playoffs

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2013, 09:37:18 AM »

OK Mark i see your point , the reason  we made the subs was probably because  he thought we needed to have more midfield and hope perry could hold the ball , to counter the tiredness , might of been  better to bring on Gilroy than Smikel .
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hednesford Match