News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Here we go again...

Author Topic: Here we go again...  (Read 1443 times)

altyf

Here we go again...
« on: December 05, 2008, 10:22:21 PM »

CRAWLEY CONFIDENT
Altrincham will be the audience as "Isaiah Rankin is poised to make his first Crawley appearance since August tomorrow and boss Steve Evans believes: 'It will be like having a new player'", reports the Argus "The former Arsenal striker has made just two starts and two substitute appearances since suffering a long-term hamstring injury at the start of the season. But the 30-year-old returned as an unused substitute in last Saturday’s 1-0 win at Northwich and he could see some action from the bench tomorrow when Reds could lift themselves back into the play-off zone with victory over Altrincham at Broadfield Stadium. Evans said: 'Whenever he played against my teams he was a handful and I think our fans saw in pre-season that he can score a goal and never gives defenders a moment’s peace... He’s lively, his movement and first touch are good'... Although Evans is not underestimating mid-table Altrincham he acknowledges that his side are in a run of games which they should be taking points from... Evans said: 'There are no easy games in this division but if we perform at our best I can see us winning a few over the next few weeks. We have four home games coming up... Apart from the last two our form at home has been pretty good... Tomorrow will be another difficult game. They invested {Altrincham have not paid any transfer fee during Graham Heathcote's six year tenure] in their squad in the summer and have had a fantastic season. They were unlucky to lose to Luton in the FA Cup and although they had a lapse last Saturday when they lost 4-0 at home to Rushden they were down to ten men halfway through the first half and (Rushden manager) Garry Hill said there was nothing in the game at that stage. They will play 4-5-1 and hope to counter-attack us but it’s all about how we apply ourselves. We have a great incentive to win the game'...

Narcissist

Re: Here we go again...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 08:46:13 AM »

I have to say, thats probably one of the most respectful interviews i've read from an opposing manager.  Mr Evans has gone up slightly in my estimation there, he certainly hasnt patronised us.

Although we didnt pay a transfer fee in the summer we have invested in a slightly bigger budget this year, a luxury we CAN afford! Not many can say that.

Not sure about the 4-5-1 bit though, he seems to know his stuff one minute and nothing the next. Hopefully we'll produce a suprise today, I think we've got it in us!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: Here we go again...
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 09:54:20 AM »

I'm no fan of Evans or Crawley, but I think that's a pretty fair minded and respectful article.  And are people making out that a club only invests in a squad when it pays a transfer fee?  ???
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Here we go again...