PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 People thought i was joking
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: People thought i was joking  (Read 3412 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 04, 2010, 09:27:54 AM »

But we seriously need to ask united to let us play york there tomorrow,opening a small area of the ground will cost nothing,they do it for the manchester senior cup final most years, we only need 3000 seats for bsp requirements,weve got to get this game on......

markecky

Re: People thought i was joking
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 11:53:10 AM »

Its a very sensible idea and likely to happen I think.

Undersoil heating costs £10,000 a day to run..do you reckon they throw that in as well or take it out of the 986 gate?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 11:58:25 AM »

Its a very sensible idea and likely to happen I think.

Undersoil heating costs £10,000 a day to run..do you reckon they throw that in as well or take it out of the 986 gate?

To be honest I would think that they would just leave it on in this weather anyway Mark.

But the big question is >> Would they loan us the use of the ground ??

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 12:04:56 PM »

Surrendering home advantage would be a terrible idea, as would trimming down what little home support we'll have anyway.
Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 12:05:57 PM »

For the life of me i cant see this happening, or even the club asking for it to happen.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 12:20:45 PM »

Surrendering home advantage would be a terrible idea, as would trimming down what little home support we'll have anyway.

I'm not sure; our away form has been better after all.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 12:23:19 PM »

To be honest I cannot for the life of me see utd agreeing to it.. They would probably use the excuse on the lines of >>> "If we let Alty use the ground then all the other non league clubs would want to use it....

I know we host the reserves etc but I dont think they would let us use it..  As someone previously said, The're a massive business these days rather than an ordinary football club......

it would be nice though if they could find their way to dropping some covers off for us to use, maybe with straw on top it could protect the pitch... The only trouble is removing it all prior to a game...

I think that ultimately we are just going to have to wait for this sh*tty weather to pass through, which doesnt look like anytime in the next 14 days on current projections...

If any git mentions fkn climate change or global warming to me will get my size ten up there arse

;) ;D

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 12:32:22 PM »

I'm not sure; our away form has been better after all.

There's more to it than that though. We would lose bar takings & snack bar/club shop revenue. What do you do about looking after match/ball sponsors? We'd have to pay the costs for turnstile operators/stewards/ground staff.

It's just a complete non-starter.
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 12:35:59 PM »

The undersoil heating is left on when the weather is like this regardless if a game is taking place or not,so the pitch doesnt freeze at all and keeps it at a stable temp.So it will be today and until such time the weather picks up so thats neither here nor there

York Alty

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 05:21:43 PM »

it's a non starter. really it is.  the costs would be horrific, they won't do it free.

nor will city.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 07:48:10 PM »

Old Trafford comes under the FLA and not the council like us they would need a minimum amount of stewards on duty just to open probably be about 100 +
@AltyDaz

bighairedmike

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 07:55:04 PM »

I thought for things like thatyou only had to have a certain number of stewards on duty for a certain number of people at an event. 5 for every thousand if i remember rightly. I'm not entirely sure, it was ages ago i was told something along those lines and it may have changed since. I cant honestly remember though.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 08:02:56 PM »

I thought for things like thatyou only had to have a certain number of stewards on duty for a certain number of people at an event. 5 for every thousand if i remember rightly. I'm not entirely sure, it was ages ago i was told something along those lines and it may have changed since. I cant honestly remember though.

Thats at our level Chester when they were in league  could only open there ground if they a minimum of 45 stewards on duty, Hence why they switched a csc cup to our ground a couple of years ago.
@AltyDaz

York Alty

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 09:49:35 PM »

45 at chester.  what sort of gates were they getting then.  blimey!

live and learn on this forum.

bighairedmike

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 12:11:44 AM »

Thats at our level Chester when they were in league  could only open there ground if they a minimum of 45 stewards on duty, Hence why they switched a csc cup to our ground a couple of years ago.

So it is 5 in every thousand at our level then? Or something along those lines?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team