PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 E-mail to North Wales Weekly News editor
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: E-mail to North Wales Weekly News editor  (Read 4071 times)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 18, 2013, 03:17:33 PM »

Still angered by that piece.

Open Letter,

Do you often allow articles to be edited and changed after publication that have featured the reporting of a criminal offence? The offence in question is that of violence and threats from alleged Altrincham FC fans "on the morning" of the game Saturday just gone towards that of Frank Sinclair, manager of Colwyn Bay FC. Perhaps Mr Tim Channon, who wrote and no doubt then edited his report, could forward the information he has of these threats to the police or are we of the opinion that as the article has been edited, these alleged threats actually didn't take place nor is there any information or evidence.

The reporting and distribution of such an article leading to lighting up a football club and it's supporters in a bad light is at best disgusting.

Name supplied

Hamilton

Re: E-mail to North Wales Weekly News editor
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 03:20:24 PM »

Still angered by that piece.

Open Letter,

Do you often allow articles to be edited and changed after publication that have featured the reporting of a criminal offence? The offence in question is that of violence and threats from alleged Altrincham FC fans "on the morning" of the game Saturday just gone towards that of Frank Sinclair, manager of Colwyn Bay FC. Perhaps Mr Tim Channon, who wrote and no doubt then edited his report, could forward the information he has of these threats to the police or are we of the opinion that as the article has been edited, these alleged threats actually didn't take place nor is there any information or evidence.

The reporting and distribution of such an article leading to lighting up a football club and it's supporters in a bad light is at best disgusting.

Name supplied

:)

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 03:41:13 PM »

It won't get printed.  Fully appreciate the tone of your note.  Good luck.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 04:28:18 PM »

Common courtesy should ensure you get a response at the very least, it could however, be written in Welsh

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 04:45:32 PM »

Check if they are under the jurisdiction of the Press Complaints Commission !

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 04:46:27 PM »

Common courtesy should ensure you get a response at the very least, it could however, be written in Welsh
Any reply will be about as useful as this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7702913.stm
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 05:14:31 PM »

A ydych yn aml yn caniatáu i erthyglau gael eu golygu a'u newid ar ôl cyhoeddi'r sydd wedi cynnwys rhoi gwybod am drosedd? Mae'r drosedd dan sylw yw bod trais a bygythiadau gan honedig gefnogwyr CC Altrincham "ar y bore" y gêm Dydd Sadwrn yn unig mynd tuag at hynny o Frank Sinclair, rheolwr Clwb Pêl-droed Bae Colwyn. Efallai y gallai Mr Tim Channon, a ysgrifennodd ac nid oes amheuaeth, yna golygu ei adroddiad, anfon yr wybodaeth sydd ganddo o'r bygythiadau hyn i'r heddlu neu a ydym o'r farn fod yr erthygl wedi ei olygu, y bygythiadau honedig mewn gwirionedd nid oedd yn digwydd ac nid oes unrhyw wybodaeth neu dystiolaeth.

Adrodd a dosbarthu o erthygl o'r fath yn arwain at oleuadau sefydlu clwb pêl-droed a'i gefnogwyr mewn golau gwael ar y gorau ffiaidd.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 05:17:13 PM »

A ydych yn aml yn caniatáu i erthyglau gael eu golygu a'u newid ar ôl cyhoeddi'r sydd wedi cynnwys rhoi gwybod am drosedd? Mae'r drosedd dan sylw yw bod trais a bygythiadau gan honedig gefnogwyr CC Altrincham "ar y bore" y gêm Dydd Sadwrn yn unig mynd tuag at hynny o Frank Sinclair, rheolwr Clwb Pêl-droed Bae Colwyn. Efallai y gallai Mr Tim Channon, a ysgrifennodd ac nid oes amheuaeth, yna golygu ei adroddiad, anfon yr wybodaeth sydd ganddo o'r bygythiadau hyn i'r heddlu neu a ydym o'r farn fod yr erthygl wedi ei olygu, y bygythiadau honedig mewn gwirionedd nid oedd yn digwydd ac nid oes unrhyw wybodaeth neu dystiolaeth.
Adrodd a dosbarthu o erthygl o'r fath yn arwain at oleuadau sefydlu clwb pêl-droed a'i gefnogwyr mewn golau gwael ar y gorau ffiaidd.
Thats easy for you to say  ;)

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 05:45:15 PM »

and your likely response…

mynd ar goll i chi gwyno bastardiaid Saesneg. nid ydym yn ddiddordeb

Hamilton

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 05:51:46 PM »

My basic Welsh suggests that means: "get lost you complaining English bastards. we are not interested."

York Alty

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 05:53:19 PM »

My basic Welsh suggests that means: "get lost you complaining English bastards. we are not interested."

racist!

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 06:03:07 PM »

I think now that we have clearly mastered the power of google translate, that it would be fitting for tomorrow's match thread to be all in welsh :)

Hamilton

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 07:33:56 PM »

I think now that we have clearly mastered the power of google translate, that it would be fitting for tomorrow's match thread to be all in welsh :)

Damn, what gave it away!

York Alty

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 08:07:15 PM »

On a related note I think Colwyn Bay FC could take some of the bitterness out of this by publicly distancing themselves from any suggestion that Alty fans made any threats towards Sinclair.  A full statement, with apology, in English and Welsh before the game tomorrow would be beneficial in that regard. It should also include a clear statement about why the extra security was drafted in for Saturdays game.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 08:27:37 PM »

A full statement, with apology, in English and Welsh before the game tomorrow would be beneficial in that regard. It should also include a clear statement about why the extra security was drafted in for Saturdays game.

Here it is, buried away in the Welsh Only part of the CBFC website…

i bwy bynnag a fynno.

mae wedi dod i'n sylw bod criw o bastardiaid Saesneg am i ni wneud y cyhoeddiad canlynol.

Gallwn gadarnhau bod Mr Frank Sinclair yn gwbl sobr cyn ac ar ôl y gêm bêl-droed ar y Dydd Sadwrn. Yn benodol, nid oedd yn yfed 6 peint o lager yn y bar ar hanner amser. Felly, gallwn hefyd gadarnhau bod Mr Sinclair yn gwbl sobr pan honnodd fod Bastard Saesneg ffoniodd ef ac o dan fygythiad iddo. Yr unig reswm i wneud cais o'r fath, felly, yw os oedd yn hollol boncyrs. Mad fel hetiwr mewn gwirionedd.

Oherwydd hyn, rydym yn dymuno ymddiheuro i unrhyw un a oedd yn tramgwyddo gan Mr Sinclair a'i tweets rhyfedd.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team