News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Our supporters

Author Topic: Our supporters  (Read 4694 times)

Shimpa

Our supporters
« on: November 02, 2013, 06:12:29 PM »

I can't believe some of the comments from some people on here. Stop blaming Sinnott for "bad subs" and blame the pathetic ref instead. With Leather out and Lawrie not there, Perry and Smikle were our only options on the bench. I'm not saying they played well but it's all we had today, it was them or the youth players. I'm sure that it wasn't a red but i'll wait for the replay and there third goal looked like a hand ball but i'm not sure. The ref just spoilt the whole match (and probably Buzz's birthday too) and even caused the usually calm Coburn and Luca to argue with him.

Despite the result, the lads gave it there all and equaled Hednesford for most of the match. Wilkinson looks like a great signing from his performance today but it's too early to tell yet really.

joe

Re: Our supporters
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 06:15:11 PM »

I can't believe some of the comments from some people on here. Stop blaming Sinnott for "bad subs" and blame the pathetic ref instead. With Leather out and Lawrie not there, Perry and Smikle were our only options on the bench. I'm not saying they played well but it's all we had today, it was them or the youth players. I'm sure that it wasn't a red but i'll wait for the replay and there third goal looked like a hand ball but i'm not sure. The ref just spoilt the whole match (and probably Buzz's birthday too) and even caused the usually calm Coburn and Luca to argue with him.

Despite the result, the lads gave it there all and equaled Hednesford for most of the match. Wilkinson looks like a great signing from his performance today but it's too early to tell yet really.

Lol

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 06:18:05 PM »

What planet are you on?????

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 06:19:55 PM »

Lol
i agree lol , our  supporters should be fuming with that , the players that started were great ,  its the decisions from of the field that most supports don't seem  to happy with so lets all forget about it and just accept mediocrity
FFS

Shimpa

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 06:27:24 PM »

I'm not saying Perry and Smikle played well at all but you can see why they came on. Reeves was getting out muscled and not creating much and Perry is a big strong player who would seem like a good option against a not so tall defense and Clee was looking a bit tired but should probably been left on longer. What i'm trying to say is the team needed some fresh legs and they were our only options that's all.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 06:31:29 PM »

I'm not saying Perry and Smikle played well at all but you can see why they came on. Reeves was getting out muscled and not creating much and Perry is a big strong player who would seem like a good option against a not so tall defense and Clee was looking a bit tired but should probably been left on longer. What i'm trying to say is the team needed some fresh legs and they were our only options that's all.

Reeves dropped back all 1st half, won the ball and laid it off.

Twiss, sorry I meant Perry, did jack sh*t as normal.

Clee was doing fine.

Shimpa

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 06:47:04 PM »

Reeves dropped back all 1st half, won the ball and laid it off.

Twiss, sorry I meant Perry, did jack sh*t as normal.

Clee was doing fine.

We need some more players. Whilst Rodgers plays well at the back i think we need an actual centre back and defiantly need a new forward because Perry isn't anywhere near good enough

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 06:57:50 PM »

A couple of points if I might.

The two players taken off were unhappy - Good! I'd be incandescent if they weren't umpty at being subbed

Does anyone other than the management know the state of health of our players?  There was a bug going around the squad last week which affected most if not all of them to some degree. some worse than others. We were gonna have to play over eighty minutes with ten players on the back of that so changes were inevitable don't you think?

Does anybody REALLY think that ANY manager would make changes to deliberately weaken the team and reduce their chances of recovering a deficit? Let's just remember please that prior to today we were second in the League....yes SECOND.

Referees never score a goal for or against you but a performance as abject and inconsistent as Mr Salisbury today cannot but have a significant impact on the eventual outcome which is very very wrong.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 07:20:31 PM »

A couple of points if I might.

The two players taken off were unhappy - Good! I'd be incandescent if they weren't umpty at being subbed

Does anyone other than the management know the state of health of our players?  There was a bug going around the squad last week which affected most if not all of them to some degree. some worse than others. We were gonna have to play over eighty minutes with ten players on the back of that so changes were inevitable don't you think?

Does anybody REALLY think that ANY manager would make changes to deliberately weaken the team and reduce their chances of recovering a deficit? Let's just remember please that prior to today we were second in the League....yes SECOND.

Referees never score a goal for or against you but a performance as abject and inconsistent as Mr Salisbury today cannot but have a significant impact on the eventual outcome which is very very wrong.
Phil i usually expect you to back the ref up to the hilt which you normally put a strong defense up for them but as even yourself describe the ref as inconsistent which for once i agree with you completely
FFS

markecky

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 07:30:23 PM »

You can have your opinion and I'll have mine. 

The ref was awful, how he missed the smack in the face Reeves got was incredible.  Losing Leather and Lawrie weakened us.

As I said the other lads worked there tripe off.  Wilkinson is going to be a great signing as he settles in, looks an intelligent player.

I'm not manager bashing for the sake of it, we were in a great position before the game and I believe we would have beaten them today with 11.

All is not lost but we have to strengthen and I would rather see young keen kids making mistakes on there for £50 a week then those two clowns.

Shimpa

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 07:34:21 PM »

You can have your opinion and I'll have mine. 

The ref was awful, how he missed the smack in the face Reeves got was incredible.  Losing Leather and Lawrie weakened us.

As I said the other lads worked there tripe off.  Wilkinson is going to be a great signing as he settles in, looks an intelligent player.

I'm not manager bashing for the sake of it, we were in a great position before the game and I believe we would have beaten them today with 11.

All is not lost but we have to strengthen and I would rather see young keen kids making mistakes on there for £50 a week then those two clowns.

[/quote]

That sounds fair enough to me  :) But we need another striker. I know no one will agree with me but I think we should have kept hold of Brooke instead of signing Perry

Jimmy

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2013, 07:59:46 PM »

Well shimpa despite Brooke not being good enough he is as good as perry and would've saved us 200 quid a week in wages im also not a plan of the plan b theory that's why I was disappointed that the rumour of us getting jack laird never materialised a simalar forward to what we have who would've scored of bench and you could've more than trusted him starting
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 08:07:27 PM by Jimmy »

Longman

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2013, 08:29:24 PM »

You can see why Smikle came on? Really??? Wow.

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2013, 08:54:00 PM »

I'd have brought Gilroy on before falling back on Smikle.

Hulme Robin

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2013, 09:18:13 PM »

I'd have brought Gilroy on before falling back on Smikle.

I'd have brought Reeves back on rather than that smikle character.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Our supporters