PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HEATHCOTE IN? SHOULD HEATHCOTE STAY?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: HEATHCOTE IN? SHOULD HEATHCOTE STAY?  (Read 8195 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: HEATHCOTE IN? SHOULD HEATHCOTE STAY?
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2010, 11:09:25 PM »

I hope you are right.

Jacko

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2010, 11:10:19 PM »

Although I'm not a regular poster on here I feel I must say my bit during this frankly dire time we're having, so here it goes...

I do completely understand peoples frustration at our current situation and I too feel that something needs to change at this football club. However, what I can't understand is some peoples readiness to place all the blame on Heathcotes shoulders, a man who has done (and continues to do at some level) a great service to this club.

Yes I agree, Heathcote DID build up this team over the summer but just look at what he had to deal with...losing 8 (was it?) players including Senior and Youngy, then having to wait for scraps after players tried their luck elsewhere. I doubt very much that many of the new recruits would've had Alty as their first choice club.

Yes I agree, Heathcote does work with the players and should have them ready to win matches...but we've had an ever changing squad of players over the past couple of months and as we all know even with the best players in the world a team needs time to gel and find itself. How long have the players really had working together, not long is the answer, and time is needed to work up partnerships, especially with the type of football we play.

Yes I agree, Heathcote has shown his frustration at the position we as a club are in and he has reacted at times in ways I cannot defend. This is a low point and at this time we especially need a manager to get behind players and change the atmosphere in the dressing room...but look at what he's starting to do, trying to release players, bringing back Col, bringing in this new lad from United (who is yet to prove himself) and helping to raise funds.

Bottom line is we are a new team, lacking in confidence and a part time club without the budget of others in this league. I see Heathcote trying for this club, and I simply don't feel a new manager would be able to much more than Heathecote is. We need to keep the faith, and look for the positives in him rather than focusing on our frankly piss poor record this season. We'll bounce back WHEN we get a couple of wins behind us and I have faith that if the fans keep behind our team we'll get the results. Also cudos to ALtyIan for pointing out our situation after the Lewes game, a time we shouldn't easily forget.

Eh Alty!
bang on

Ste

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2010, 11:16:14 PM »

I am realistic and don't expect anything than a hard season but I believe that its harder than it should be and that a change might change things for the better, where as if we stay as they are then the current form says it won't

A point well made. Yes we've made a meal (with all the trimmings) out of the start of this season and it is/will be a hard season. I change might just change things for the better, I can't say it wouldn't, but I respectfully disagree that it is our only/best option.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HEATHCOTE IN? SHOULD HEATHCOTE STAY?