PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HEATHCOTE IN? SHOULD HEATHCOTE STAY?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: HEATHCOTE IN? SHOULD HEATHCOTE STAY?  (Read 8212 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: HEATHCOTE IN? SHOULD HEATHCOTE STAY?
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2010, 09:04:15 PM »

That would be this squad that he has compiled???. So the way to keep your job is to get rubbish players so no one else would want to manage them ?

I reckon over 20 decent applicants would apply for the job here. Altrincham is still a big job for some managers. I am sure of it.

Jacko

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2010, 09:13:43 PM »

I don't think the current squad are good enough no, and as gh said he just wants the chance to win football matches which indicates the game is up we can't sign quality part time players in the quality mould of young, senior and kearney this season, other teams can

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2010, 09:15:18 PM »

So what should we do feel sorry for ourselves and accept relegation ?

Jacko

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2010, 09:21:27 PM »

I posted on here today about not looking at the table, every game should be like the fa cup first round, to be honest I have to take my hat off to our away supporters who must think I'm a xxxx for comin on here and giving my opinion as I wasn't there today but I think its worth looking at it from my perspective

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2010, 09:22:26 PM »

You fail to realise that we are rubbish in the FA Cup.. WE ARE DOOMED !!

Jacko

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2010, 09:30:49 PM »

You fail to realise that we are rubbish in the FA Cup.. WE ARE DOOMED !!
we just have to scrap like the underdogs we have been for so long, we maybe all but down but in this crazy agm cup league you are never quite out !!

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2010, 09:53:46 PM »

gazwarrington  :( all this get the manager out we're doomed mularky, how about something constructive on your show. For me Kenny McK taking up the job with GH as football director or whatever they call it. Yes we're all knarked but we have faith that the club will do whats best for/our the club.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2010, 10:39:44 PM »

The FA Cup comment was a JOKE, trying to be light heartened.

Not sure why we would need a director of football, and not sure how that would work inregards to who was 'running the show' ?

Ste

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2010, 10:42:22 PM »

Although I'm not a regular poster on here I feel I must say my bit during this frankly dire time we're having, so here it goes...

I do completely understand peoples frustration at our current situation and I too feel that something needs to change at this football club. However, what I can't understand is some peoples readiness to place all the blame on Heathcotes shoulders, a man who has done (and continues to do at some level) a great service to this club.

Yes I agree, Heathcote DID build up this team over the summer but just look at what he had to deal with...losing 8 (was it?) players including Senior and Youngy, then having to wait for scraps after players tried their luck elsewhere. I doubt very much that many of the new recruits would've had Alty as their first choice club.

Yes I agree, Heathcote does work with the players and should have them ready to win matches...but we've had an ever changing squad of players over the past couple of months and as we all know even with the best players in the world a team needs time to gel and find itself. How long have the players really had working together, not long is the answer, and time is needed to work up partnerships, especially with the type of football we play.

Yes I agree, Heathcote has shown his frustration at the position we as a club are in and he has reacted at times in ways I cannot defend. This is a low point and at this time we especially need a manager to get behind players and change the atmosphere in the dressing room...but look at what he's starting to do, trying to release players, bringing back Col, bringing in this new lad from United (who is yet to prove himself) and helping to raise funds.

Bottom line is we are a new team, lacking in confidence and a part time club without the budget of others in this league. I see Heathcote trying for this club, and I simply don't feel a new manager would be able to much more than Heathecote is. We need to keep the faith, and look for the positives in him rather than focusing on our frankly piss poor record this season. We'll bounce back WHEN we get a couple of wins behind us and I have faith that if the fans keep behind our team we'll get the results. Also cudos to ALtyIan for pointing out our situation after the Lewes game, a time we shouldn't easily forget.

Eh Alty!

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2010, 10:46:10 PM »

I think the Lewes comparison would be entirely valid except that there was no suggestion at that point that GH himself had, at some level, given up.

Sadly that is the case now and it's the single biggest argument for the club to make a change.

AltyIan

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2010, 10:54:28 PM »

If i were to put the situation as a metaphor i would say that Heathcote in a sense is like a man who has had an accident and is only surviving due to a life support machine(borrowed time). The odds of the man being able to breath by himself and get back to normal is low but that is what everybody wants (Alty rekindling last few seasons magic wth GH). However it could be unfair if the man is left paralyzed after coming back to consciousness, the man would still be alive, but the standard of life would not be the same(Alty getting relegated with GH). Or you could turn off the life support(Get rid of Heathcote) the man is not likely to breath on his own again anyway(unlikely to get back to form under heathcote) However is it worth keeping the man on life support for that small chance of a normal life again(Keeping Heathcote and being succesful)That is the ultimate decision.

Ste

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2010, 11:01:02 PM »

Change must be for the better, and despite Heathecote's recent shortcomings I remain unconvinced (from any arguments on here) that a new manager will be able to give Alty a better chance than Heathecote will, whether his heart's fully in it or not. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking it'll upset the team more and leave us six months down the line with another manager who doesn't have his whole heart invested the club and wants the 'chance to win games'. If the lynch mob on here does get their way then I really do hope I'm wrong.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2010, 11:06:37 PM »

If the lynch mob on here does get their way then I really do hope I'm wrong

Hardly a lynch mob when this has been going on for some time ?
I just don't subscribe to the idea that we should never try a new manager?, if that was the case then GH would never have got the job originally would he?

If the job is as hard as what is portrayed and that we are expected to be relegated whats the harm in doing it with someone who may have a little more fight rather than wimpering out the league without a fight ?

I am realistic and don't expect anything than a hard season but I believe that its harder than it should be and that a change might change things for the better, where as if we stay as they are then the current form says it won't

Ste

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2010, 11:07:17 PM »

If i were to put the situation as a metaphor i would say that Heathcote in a sense is like a man who has had an accident and is only surviving due to a life support machine(borrowed time). The odds of the man being able to breath by himself and get back to normal is low but that is what everybody wants (Alty rekindling last few seasons magic wth GH). However it could be unfair if the man is left paralyzed after coming back to consciousness, the man would still be alive, but the standard of life would not be the same(Alty getting relegated with GH). Or you could turn off the life support(Get rid of Heathcote) the man is not likely to breath on his own again anyway(unlikely to get back to form under heathcote) However is it worth keeping the man on life support for that small chance of a normal life again(Keeping Heathcote and being succesful)That is the ultimate decision.

... :'( beautiful. It makes no sense to me whatsover, but beautiful.

...I think I see your point.  

Dougals Dad

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2010, 11:08:03 PM »

I believe things will improve enough for us to stay up.

(Tho evidence does not seem to support this at the mo!)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HEATHCOTE IN? SHOULD HEATHCOTE STAY?