PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HEATHCOTE IN? SHOULD HEATHCOTE STAY?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: HEATHCOTE IN? SHOULD HEATHCOTE STAY?  (Read 8208 times)

joe

heathcote in
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 07:04:24 PM »

I'm sorry Alty Ian but you're talking out of your arse. Heathcote out!

AltyIan

Re: HEATHCOTE IN? SHOULD HEATHCOTE STAY?
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 07:06:49 PM »

Because it all went so badly when we were all wanting heathcote out around the time of the lewes game 2 years ago. no. it didn't, have faith.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 07:23:02 PM »

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one. Everybody is entitled to one and let's face it we'd be in serious bother without one.

There are arguments both ways and there's no harm in discussing them, but let's not get carried away and start dividing over what we think. We ALL have one thing in common here and that is a love of Alty, let's not lose sight of that.

So endeth the Saturday sermon from a green field far away beyond the Alty wall. I'm off to do drive-by mass with the strains of Joe Strummer belting out of the car window....should he stay, or should he go now.....

« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 07:26:35 PM by Uncle Globnasty »
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

joe

heathcote in
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 07:26:47 PM »

The only reason the season improved after the Lewes game was due to the protest because it made Heathcote take note of how sh*t the tactics actually were FACT!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2010, 07:29:40 PM »

When someone gives me a reason rather than "Can;t afford to get rid" or "Who else would want the job" then I might change my mind, as far as I can see if for FOOTBALLING REASONS, which is what a football manager is there for I can not for the world of me work out why he deserves to be in the job ?

AltyIan

Re: heathcote in
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 07:30:21 PM »

The only reason the season improved after the Lewes game was due to the protest because it made Heathcote take note of how sh*t the tactics actually were FACT!

More like a Rafa Fact. It's not how you start it's how you finish, the season improved that season because the players also started pulling their fingers out

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2010, 07:39:51 PM »

When someone gives me a reason rather than "Can;t afford to get rid" or "Who else would want the job" then I might change my mind, as far as I can see if for FOOTBALLING REASONS, which is what a football manager is there for I can not for the world of me work out why he deserves to be in the job ?

Not disagreeing with you Gary. The argument could be made that GH did turn things around after 'that' Lewes game and that there is no reason to believe that he could not turn it around again. My main worry is that back then he came out fighting and I'm not sure the fight is there anymore (after his statements at the forum, even allowing for the fact that we are all susceptible to a bad day at the office syndrome). If he is no longer motivated, then how can he motivate others? I know there was a statement in the messenger later indicating that he was up for the challenge, but was this in response to the criticism or was it a true reflection of how he feels? Full commitment to the cause is necessary at our club like ours.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2010, 07:54:04 PM »

I think the 'turn it around' again is worrying.... How many times do you let someone do that ?

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2010, 07:59:12 PM »

I think the 'turn it around' again is worrying.... How many times do you let someone do that ?

Once again Gary, I'm not arguing with you...although it's beginning to resemble one on virtual paper at any rate.....I apologise as I was really playing devil's advocate as you were looking for other reasons. I did also add that I had serious doubts about GH's mental state in terms of being 'up for it'.

Something has to change and that's for sure.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2010, 08:01:57 PM »

Not an argument at all. The club is enough troubles without us fans getting divided \ arguing, more having debates :). The forum is here for opinions and I am all up for discussing things.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2010, 08:07:09 PM »

I'm all for giving views an airing......think I may becoming delirious....all I can hear now are high pitched voices screaching "Off with his head"....I certainly picked the wrong time to temporarily jump on the sobriety wagon.....I'm off to get serious with some pineapple juice

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2010, 08:08:50 PM »

Having it 'on the rocks' ?? .... NO NO I don't mean go to the sea and jump in ... ahhhh

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2010, 08:15:14 PM »

Something has to change and that's for sure.

Oh dear, I've gone from the Clash to the Stranglers, it must be the air of rebellion....late 70's, early eighties, Punk, Maggie Thatcher, Johny King, riots in the streets, APL titles, mayhem on the streets of Timperley, Tony Sanders red and white army, wigs on the green, Mal Bailey where are you now?

Can you hear me mother?

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2010, 08:16:18 PM »

Having it 'on the rocks' ?? .... NO NO I don't mean go to the sea and jump in ... ahhhh

Lol, if only it were that simple

Jacko

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2010, 09:01:21 PM »

I think he has his hands tied, not many of the current bsp managers would even consider taking up this squad, if we had money to compete then maybe but we haven't, question do u think it was possible for him to replace the quality we had unexpectedly lost in such a short timespan to give us a chance in this league? There lies the answer people
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HEATHCOTE IN? SHOULD HEATHCOTE STAY?