PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HEATHCOTE OUT? POST HERE IF YOU AGREE
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: HEATHCOTE OUT? POST HERE IF YOU AGREE  (Read 9710 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: HEATHCOTE OUT? POST HERE IF YOU AGREE
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2010, 11:05:02 PM »

ken mckenna

Dougals Dad

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2010, 11:05:24 PM »

and/or Mark Maddox?

andrewflynn

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2010, 11:12:29 PM »

you have proven my point by not being able to name anyone, there is NO suitable person for the job, and it is not an attractive job, we are bottom of the table and we dont have a chairman

No one needs pessimism and negativity right now, whatever happens will be well thought out and the right choice for the club.

fuertes

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2010, 11:13:11 PM »

colin little. player manager.

That has disaster written all over it. One of those "let's chuck a legend in because the fans will give him time" scenarios. After a while it becomes clear the inexperienced club legend isn't up to it, and we're all left feeling awful for calling for his head, but knowing it's the only solution. Think Gunn at Norwich or Shearer at Newcastle - both patently lacking in the experience required.

Colin Little for manager at some stage in the future? Maybe. Now? No chance.

I just don't know what I think about GH and his future. I think given the poor start and issues in his personal life, he might just have been having a terrible day on the night of the fans' forum. The statement released later on certainly seemed more positive. We know for a fact he can do a job at this level. I don't know who else we could say that about who would come to us. Jimmy Quinn? Jim Harvey? Not sure they'd come.

I know it sounds simplistic, but if we take some points in these next few games, we might be two from safety after 15 games, and we'll all fancy ourselves in the dogfight. It's just getting that first win that's most difficult, but teams like Barrow and Eastbourne are beatable. A Kidderminster-type performance will usually be enough to beat a poor team - it seems we were just very unlucky (and at times careless) that day.

Come on Cote, come on the players, get that first win on the board and kick on from there. As long as we know you're giving your best, we'll back you all the way.

AltyIan

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2010, 11:55:53 PM »

VAL OWEN.

taxi Phil

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010, 08:52:20 AM »

Definitely NOT a former Robin ! Don't care how good a job Mad Dog is doing, don't care if Col is going to be "Manager of the Season 2015-6", we need a totally fresh outlook from outside the "Alty Family" in the present situation.

What's Val Owen up to these days by the way ? 

markecky

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010, 08:57:16 AM »

If there are changes, it will more than likley have to be Ken Mckenna (certainly short term) unless he went as well.

Ken McKenna is very much his own man and had a very different way of doing things from GH.  It would be a tragedy if people didnt want him becuase he took a step back to be an assistant to earn his chance as manager.

Kenny Mac all the way for me.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2010, 09:02:10 AM »

IF GH goes, Kenny with Mad Dog as his assistant for me

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2010, 09:18:50 AM »

Hypothetical clearly as we still actually have the same manager, but if Mark Maddox hadn't played for us, would he be getting any mention?  For every King or Heathcote there's a Paul Rowlands or Stan Allan.  If we just keep looking to old boys we're just narrowing the choice of who could be available.  I can see the logic in McKenna but that's provided he is indeed his own man and GH isn't in the background.

But then this is all jumping the gun anyway at the moment.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2010, 09:38:59 AM »

KMc has experience of managing on his own at TNS, where Maddox, Little etc haven't. Surely we would have to give him a chance, even just for the short term?

bigcol

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2010, 09:42:19 AM »

Kenny is the only viable replacement for GH if he decides to go. With the upheaval in the board room, it makes finding and employing another very difficult, both in terms of time and in attracting the right person - takes a brave man to take a job when you don't know who your boss will be.

Ken has the experience and the knowledge - yes I too wonder about having a fresh face but that can be a long-term plan.  It's win-win with Kenny in charge - if he does well, great, if he doesn't then it's status quo and we can look for a new manager once the board room has settled.

Personal I don't want GH to go - he's got us out of the mucky stuff in the past and can do it again.

joe

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2010, 01:32:52 PM »

KMc has experience of managing on his own at TNS, where Maddox, Little etc haven't. Surely we would have to give him a chance, even just for the short term?

Mark Maddox has been a manager for the last couple of seasons. I think he started at Formby in the North West Counties and is now at Leigh in the Evostick.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2010, 02:01:10 PM »

I think things will become clearer in the next few days.

ALTYGAL

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2010, 02:52:41 PM »

Gutted !!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HEATHCOTE OUT? POST HERE IF YOU AGREE