PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HEATHCOTE OUT? POST HERE IF YOU AGREE
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: HEATHCOTE OUT? POST HERE IF YOU AGREE  (Read 9709 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: HEATHCOTE OUT? POST HERE IF YOU AGREE
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 12:04:24 PM »

BTW. So far we've only played one team who are currently in the bottom half.

We've made a very poor start and the rest of the season is going to be a struggle but the way I see it we are now in a mini-league with the current bottom 7 and we haven't played any of them. Let's see how we get on on Saturday....

Gateshead were in the bottom half of the table - until they played us.

What happens if we lose at Eastbourne Borough then?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 01:09:48 PM »

No. About half the team have gone for 1 reason or another since the good season last year (I'm also assuming it was a fairly stable team from the season before with a couple of changes), GH had to be patient and wait for players during the summer season, at that point the forum mood was one of trust in GH and KM. The team only train part time (and I guess it is very part time) and it takes time for the team to gel. Budgets in the BSP are ever increasing.  All of the above is out of the managers control surely?

Everyone makes mistakes (bringing in unfit players etc), thats why there are rubbers on the end of pencils - I think GH is trying hard to rebuild a team and is still trying hard now with approaches for another striker and seeing if Colin can help out. Hasn't he also brought in some extra training time?

The only disappointment in GH for me was when he threw the towel in the other week out of frustration and sat the second half out leaning against the wall and his public negativity. In his minor defence was his bereavement and that team orders on who takes free kicks just werent followed.

It would be interesting to know KMc's views on the team, manager and situation?

At some point the team should gel, all we have to do is hope it happens before its too late for this season.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 01:58:20 PM »

No
Harold

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 02:01:16 PM »

NO

VofD

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 02:27:41 PM »

AGREE, WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

The Undertaker

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 05:09:18 PM »

NO!!!!!!!!!

VofD

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 07:04:55 PM »

BTW. So far we've only played one team who are currently in the bottom half.

We've made a very poor start and the rest of the season is going to be a struggle but the way I see it we are now in a mini-league with the current bottom 7 and we haven't played any of them. Let's see how we get on on Saturday....

Gateshead were in the bottom half of the table - until they played us.

What happens if we lose at Eastbourne Borough then?

Then we'll have 1 point from 27  ;) ;) ;)

The Undertaker

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 09:45:39 PM »

all the people that want GH to leave, do you expect  a long queue of managers outside the ground who want to apply to be manager?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
A queue?
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 10:26:09 PM »

the Undertaker - with all due respect you ought to read your post again. If you can actually come up with any reasons, proper ones to back it up please mentionn them.

Nick Jefferson

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 10:45:55 PM »

Yes
•   1 point from 8 games is woeful
•   2 points from 14 games is disastrous (nearly 1/3 of a season without a win)
•   Bringing in unfit and unsuitable players
•   Being negative at the fans forum
•   Sulking during matches

Perhaps were still waiting for the team to gel properly (but isn’t that what pre-season is about?), I am certain that decisive action now would lead to a fresh impetus and challenge being set.
Don’t kid yourselves that we have the best manager for the job, there may well be better people out there, you wont know until the advert is placed. There would be a good level of interest in the job when it becomes available.
This “winnable games” theory is total tosh. How many games are we “expected” to win this season??

The Undertaker

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 10:49:20 PM »

Why not? We are one of the most prolific and historic non league teams.

ok, name a likely, suitable manager who would want to come and manage us, i am having alot of difficulty thinking of somone                                   

Nick Jefferson

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 10:54:39 PM »

ok, name a likely, suitable manager who would want to come and manage us, i am having alot of difficulty thinking of somone                                   

What's the point of naming someone?? you're just going to say "he's not good enough for here", "he wont be able to get more out of the troops than GH has", "his record may be good at such and such a place, but they had money".

Simple thing is, there are a lot of managers out of work. They may want to just get back into football, they may just want one last hurrah, or want a difficult challenge. We would get a wide spectrum of ex pro's, former BSP managers, lower league managers, and former alty players handing their applications in.

The Undertaker

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 10:55:46 PM »

you have proven my point by not being able to name anyone, there is NO suitable person for the job, and it is not an attractive job, we are bottom of the table and we dont have a chairman

RocketDan

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 10:58:53 PM »

I'm not a football manager, i don't know a lot about non-league, but at worst i could have got one less point that what GH has achieved.

Personally, I'd like to see someone young and enthusiastic (late 30's-early 40's) wanting to play positive football, playing players in their best position and bringing a fresh outlook to the club.

RocketDan

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 11:04:08 PM »

you have proven my point by not being able to name anyone, there is NO suitable person for the job, and it is not an attractive job, we are bottom of the table and we dont have a chairman

colin little. player manager.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HEATHCOTE OUT? POST HERE IF YOU AGREE