News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Great Idea

Author Topic: Great Idea  (Read 2962 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Great Idea
« on: October 18, 2012, 11:08:13 PM »

The idea of getting BBC employees to moss lane is a brilliant idea with so many people moving into the altrincham area due to relocation. Lets hope some of our contacts within the corporation can highlight the offer and get it emailed around to all staff based up here now.Its a really good way to introduce people new to the area to the club

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Great Idea
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 12:02:43 AM »

I've reserved the seat next to me in the main stand for Susanna Reid.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 07:45:59 AM »

The idea of getting BBC employees to moss lane is a brilliant idea with so many people moving into the altrincham area due to relocation. Lets hope some of our contacts within the corporation can highlight the offer and get it emailed around to all staff based up here now.Its a really good way to introduce people new to the area to the club

There was an Alty fan involved with the production of Radio 5 Live that we use to see at Southern matches as I think he lived in the Kingston area when BBC were based down here. I remember talking to him at Oxford U one year.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 08:15:27 AM »

I would like her on the Golf Road End,  but I think she is one of the few who have kept their job and commute from London. Have to settle for Bill Turnbull, he moved into Hale I think.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

fuertes

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 08:52:40 AM »

:D

Seriously though, it's good to see the club targetting students and BBC employees. There are a hell of a lot of people who might fancy going to the footy but wouldn't drop £15 or £13 on a team to which they have no allegiance. But a fiver makes it well worth a look.

Any chance Duncan Watmore can get his uni pals to come down en masse via the tram?  ;D

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 09:32:18 AM »

Would this offer still be in place if we're playing Boston on Tuesday instead of Workington? Presumably not?

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 09:46:54 AM »

There was an Alty fan involved with the production of Radio 5 Live that we use to see at Southern matches as I think he lived in the Kingston area when BBC were based down here. I remember talking to him at Oxford U one year.

Probably this chap who's an Alty fan https://twitter.com/wallj10

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 09:56:53 AM »

Yes I think you probably mean Jonathan Wall, I know he has brought colleagues to ML before will drop him a tweet in case he's not aware of the offer.

York Alty

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 03:54:10 PM »

I don't know the name at all but if he's Alty then he's ace.

TOP TOP TOP IDEA BY THE WAY.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 03:09:01 PM »

Yes I think you probably mean Jonathan Wall, I know he has brought colleagues to ML before will drop him a tweet in case he's not aware of the offer.

Yes, the very same....otherwise known as Mortlake Bob
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 04:10:33 PM »

He did reply to my tweet to say he's been involved in this scheme and there are flyers up in Media City. He said he was bringing about a dozen colleagues to the game on the 30th!

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Great Idea