PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Notts County Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Notts County Match Thread  (Read 10674 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Notts County Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2023, 07:21:27 AM »

Not sure how you can read too negatively into that to be honest - on a night most of us would have preferred to have called off, we got a useful workout against a strong side and I felt we really held our own.

Whilst their two goals were harsh on us, we obviously didn't take our own big chance and I suspect, as suggested, they'd have found the win anyway.

Last half hour played out like a training drill which I think suited both teams, it looks as if everyone came through fine, although Sinclair looked sore when he came off.

I thought Linney and Sinclair were bright, direct and positive - I thought Osborne was OK and we've done the Pringle thing to death, he's nowhere near as effective as a starter - and the two full backs were pretty solid. Eddy improves with every game, and it was Harry Perritt's best game by a mile since returning to us.

Josh Lundstram's performance won't have gone unnoticed from them, unfortunately - he was his absolute imperious best, what a joy he is to watch.

Play like that and we beat Halifax on Saturday.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 07:26:30 AM by MarpleAlty »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2023, 07:24:34 AM »

Wrong team, waste of subs, Pringle (thanks but time up), Elliott miles off the pace in many a game but was lost wandering today, Ollys kicking was poor and to sum
The night up, it was men (plus the refs) against boys! The worst prep possible for Saturday IMO! Half the Mag 7 would walk back into this team and replace those mentioned!

The magnificent 7 Didn’t want full time football ..Their choice… Move on.

It's also not true. Thompson aside, none of the outfield players would replace their counterparts in this team.

My friend (who hadn't been since last season) couldn't believe how much quicker and sharper we were.

Knutty robin

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2023, 07:43:48 AM »

As ever a varied interpretation of the game.  The back 4 were solid but Ollie needs to command his box more.  Overall a spirited performance against an excellent team and no barometer for Saturday.  Osbornes constant talking must irritate the other players and did receive a verbal response from Perritt at one point 😏

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2023, 09:28:48 AM »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2023, 03:38:25 PM »

Not sure how you can read too negatively into that to be honest - on a night most of us would have preferred to have called off, we got a useful workout against a strong side and I felt we really held our own.

Whilst their two goals were harsh on us, we obviously didn't take our own big chance and I suspect, as suggested, they'd have found the win anyway.

Last half hour played out like a training drill which I think suited both teams, it looks as if everyone came through fine, although Sinclair looked sore when he came off.

I thought Linney and Sinclair were bright, direct and positive - I thought Osborne was OK and we've done the Pringle thing to death, he's nowhere near as effective as a starter - and the two full backs were pretty solid. Eddy improves with every game, and it was Harry Perritt's best game by a mile since returning to us.

Josh Lundstram's performance won't have gone unnoticed from them, unfortunately - he was his absolute imperious best, what a joy he is to watch.

Play like that and we beat Halifax on
Saturday

Well, I profoundly hope that your confidence is well-founded, however I confess that I don't quite share your degree of faith.

In our last two matches, we have mustered a total of merely two shots on target - both of which have been from the penalty spot.

Plus our chief attacking threat is cup-tied.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2023, 04:10:04 PM »

Saturday

Well, I profoundly hope that your confidence is well-founded, however I confess that I don't quite share your degree of faith.

In our last two matches, we have mustered a total of merely two shots on target - both of which have been from the penalty spot.

At the start of the season - and again in January - many on this forum asked 'where are the goals coming from?'

We're the joint 6th highest scorers in the league.

I have faith.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2023, 04:11:53 PM »

The players who've scored a good percentage of them have gone but I know what you mean.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2023, 04:44:59 PM »

Saturday

At the start of the season - and again in January - many on this forum asked 'where are the goals coming from?'

We're the joint 6th highest scorers in the league.

I have faith.

Of the 59 league goals that Alty have scored this season, 36 have come from players who will not be members of the squad for the Halifax game.

Nonetheless, I still admire your faith!

It's certainly a day for Lewis Baines to emulate the great Mal Bailey at Canal Street in April 1978...
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2023, 04:47:04 PM »

We've averaged 2 goals a game in Fa Trophy.
It's all my fault.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2023, 05:15:41 PM »

My only worry is if Marriot is ok

Subbed because he was on a yellow. He is fine.
Don't think a player substituted so early in a game ever received such an ovation. His name put immediately on Saturday's team sheet no doubt.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Notts County Match Thread