PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moult and Richman
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Moult and Richman  (Read 8166 times)

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Moult and Richman
« on: July 23, 2016, 08:19:40 PM »

On the bench again last night and when he got on Jake played right full back! Does anyone else think we've seen the last of these two in Alty shirts? To me it looks like Young's policy at Stockport last summer when he wanted rid of all the contracted players but obviously couldn't sack them without paying their contracts up. The other option is to not play them until they're fed up enough to ask for a move....job done! Surely Jake should be playing before someone like Joyce, who couldn't get in Southport's team and ended up at Stalybridge for crying out loud. The manager has history for wanting his own squad and this answers the question of why the likes of Clee and Deasy were released.

Personally I didn't see too many positives last night. If I remember correctly we only managed one shot on target in the whole game and never stretched their defence. I know they're good players or they wouldn't be at United but surely we should have been able to put more pressure on them.

The whole scenario of Young in charge reminds me of when I was watching City in the late 70's/early 80's when Malcolm Allison returned. In order to show everyone what a great coach he was he decided to get rid of all the experienced, international players and bring in unknowns, including a lad from Worcester to replace players like Peter Barnes, Gary Owen and Dave Watson to name a few.

I have to say I am not at all optimistic about the coming season and think we will do well to finish anything higher than 18th. Like Allison did all those years ago, I think Young has got rid of too many experienced players and replaced them with lads who are not up to this level. I hope I'm proved wrong but at this moment in time....!

Mausoleum Alty

Re: Moult and Richman
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 09:25:26 PM »

Agree about Moult,I also find it very odd that he's not been given his fair share of game time in midfield. Richman on the other hand is poor and will hopefully be farmed out on loan as soon as possible. IMO we have a decent blend of youth and experience in the squad but desperately need an experienced keeper! We won't pull up any trees and I'll be happy with 8th/9th/10th to build on for next season.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 12:33:14 AM »

Moult played the whole game at Trafford I think, and Richman played an hour or so?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 01:20:46 AM »

I don't do friendlies so my opinion is pretty much pointless but from the reviews I would look at playing 3 in mid having Moult as the defensive mid as he is so good there. We have this guy from Morecambe is he worth the gamble- Goodal? ( probably got it wrong). Moult as a defensive centre mid is really good.  One of the reasons we were relegated was Sinnott stopped playing Jake there. Richman when fit can run for England so I would look to play one more in with those two,who if decent would have kept us up last season.  Apart from the lad who scored the free kick against  Trafford there has not been much talk about wide players? Sounds like we need wide players, a left back,  goalkeeper and a quick on your last man centre forward. We seem to have too many centre mids now.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 02:38:32 AM »

Competitive games played - 0. Basis on which to judge the manager < 0.

bighairedmike

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 02:40:59 AM »

I'd have a midfield 3 of Moult, Goodall and Lynch.

Lynch is a runner and will carry on all day. Moult can get forward and play a pass. We missed that from his game last year. And Goodall can play the Cavanagh role. I think they'll be a super foil for each other. However, I think young would have a midfield of Joyce, Lynch and Richman. Runners, but not players. Hope in proved wrong, but I'd like to see a lot more width.

GB Alty

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 03:25:02 PM »

On the bench again last night and when he got on Jake played right full back! Does anyone else think we've seen the last of these two in Alty shirts? To me it looks like Young's policy at Stockport last summer when he wanted rid of all the contracted players but obviously couldn't sack them without paying their contracts up. The other option is to not play them until they're fed up enough to ask for a move....job done! Surely Jake should be playing before someone like Joyce, who couldn't get in Southport's team and ended up at Stalybridge for crying out loud. The manager has history for wanting his own squad and this answers the question of why the likes of Clee and Deasy were released.

Personally I didn't see too many positives last night. If I remember correctly we only managed one shot on target in the whole game and never stretched their defence. I know they're good players or they wouldn't be at United but surely we should have been able to put more pressure on them.

The whole scenario of Young in charge reminds me of when I was watching City in the late 70's/early 80's when Malcolm Allison returned. In order to show everyone what a great coach he was he decided to get rid of all the experienced, international players and bring in unknowns, including a lad from Worcester to replace players like Peter Barnes, Gary Owen and Dave Watson to name a few.

I have to say I am not at all optimistic about the coming season and think we will do well to finish anything higher than 18th. Like Allison did all those years ago, I think Young has got rid of too many experienced players and replaced them with lads who are not up to this level. I hope I'm proved wrong but at this moment in time....!

Richman is woeful and only kept because he is on contract, hopefully he can be moved on as soon as possible

Moult now just a squad player. We have been playing our strongest midfield player

I'm not to sure we will pull up any trees either but 8th 9th or 10th won't be good enough

No doubt you would have kept all of last seasons wankers? The whole reason Young is perceived to be a good appointment is that he has f**ked all of last seasons sh*t off and is building his own squad.

Clee and Deasy aren't fit enough, last seasons management seen to that

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 06:51:14 PM »

Good to see the pessimistic sh*t fest has started early.

I think Jake Moult will start. Really like the look of Lynch and I hope he can partner Moult alongside Goodall. A midfield three is essential, I think; first and foremost I want us to be hard to beat. The rest follows that.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 07:08:50 PM »

Maybe (just maybe) NY knows what Moult is capable of in midfield and feels that playing him there in a practice match would be a waste of time. Didn't GH once say that friendlies weren't for fans? If NY learns things by leaving players out in pre season or trying them in unfamiliar roles I have absolutely no problem with it whatsoever.

Onward! :)
Come on Alty!

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 11:08:07 PM »

Richman is woeful and only kept because he is on contract, hopefully he can be moved on as soon as possible

Moult now just a squad player. We have been playing our strongest midfield player

I'm not to sure we will pull up any trees either but 8th 9th or 10th won't be good enough

No doubt you would have kept all of last seasons wankers? The whole reason Young is perceived to be a good appointment is that he has f**ked all of last seasons sh*t off and is building his own squad.

Clee and Deasy aren't fit enough, last seasons management seen to that
No I certainly wouldn't have kept all of last season's wankers but I do believe keeping a couple or so of the released ones would have helped this squad. I believe Nicky was quoted as saying he was the fittest he'd been for years after the operation and I have never seen anything reported that Deasy had a serious injury. He obviously had a problem, which wasn't helped by having to play when not fit, but maybe with rest he'd have been fit for the new season. I personally would have kept him and brought in a young lad to challenge him, Dawber could have been that challenger but I don't think he is ready to be the No 1 keeper.

As has been said maybe I am being pessimistic but that is down to me not sharing your view that Young is a good appointment. He just doesn't inspire me with confidence by moving so many players in and out of a club until he stumbles on a team. Obviously time will tell and I truly hope he proves me wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 12:00:41 AM »

I don't think he will have too many problems proving you wrong by finishing higher than 18th place
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 03:01:29 PM »

I don't think he will have too many problems proving you wrong by finishing higher than 18th place

Let's hope so but I can't forget how Stockport were only heading one way last season before they sacked him and that was the EvoStick league!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 04:16:34 PM »

Richman never seems to play well in pre season, even when he's done well later on.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 07:20:08 PM »

The bookies have us around 4th favourites http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/non-league/national-league-north/winner

arnald

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2016, 10:03:58 AM »

Crap odds ide say 20/1 at least to win it. may be 10/1 to get a play off spot
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moult and Richman