PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Any trialists
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any trialists  (Read 4776 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Any trialists
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 08:15:36 PM »

My opinion and my opinion only but if its the title we are aiming for and not the play offs we need to see a minimum of two quality new players

I know Richman and Clee were absent, but according to last night's RR commentary, we seemed to show a lack of cover on the wings and a lack of creativity. I also think we need more cover at the back.

I think what needs to be considered re last night is that we played our SECOND psf against a team who (a) Have played more games than us, (b) Were significantly better than us, (c) For a good part of last season were in contention for promotion to the Championship

It is (or in my view should be) diificult to make any sort of objective judgement on where we are at the moment based on last night.

Also don't forget that but for a good save from James Lawrie it would have been 3-2

Last night was not our second pre-season game against a team significantly better than us. I don't know if you were there on Saturday or not but Accrington only beat us due to us having tired legs and them bringing on 8 substitutes with 20 minutes left to get the winning goals.

As for the bit in bold, if Tranmere had wanted to go on and make it 5 or 6 they could have done. The fact that James Lawrie could have made it 3-2 has little bearing as to how we played. The result would have been better to see, but would have bore no reflection at all on the game.

Apologies

I clearly missed a comma

What I was meaning was that it was our second psf, It was against a team significantly better than us whereas oyr first psf, as has been correctly identified, was probably decided by Accrington making eight shanges when we were tiring. Otherwise I think a different rseult may have been possible on Saturday

bighairedmike

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 09:37:50 PM »

Last season we had a few players who were only really going to be first choice subs. What we need are subs that are fighting for a 1st XI place and capable of doing as good a job as those they replace. Now and again we might be able to rest a player or 2 and win a CSC game!

A point that last nights match summariser on Radio Robins put across so eloquently.

Jimmy

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 09:51:35 PM »

Or get in players that are better than what we have then the squad be a lot stronger

bighairedmike

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 10:07:00 PM »

Or get in players that are better than what we have then the squad be a lot stronger

Exactly right.

Jenga

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 10:13:07 PM »

i do fear we wont see any real notiable additions now, but who knows................we may sign that Senior guy yet?

Hamilton

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 11:10:34 PM »

i do fear we wont see any real notiable additions now, but who knows................we may sign that Senior guy yet?

But only if we can find him! Anyone know where he is?

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2013, 11:27:02 AM »

Oddly enough he seems to have spent some time as a woman according to the Huddersfield town website ( http://www.huddersfield.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=287177 ) :
"Senior worked last season on a part-time basis for Huddersfield as a masseuse"

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 09:18:25 PM »

Oddly enough he seems to have spent some time as a woman according to the Huddersfield town website ( http://www.huddersfield.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=287177 ) :
"Senior worked last season on a part-time basis for Huddersfield as a masseuse"

Couldn't score in a massage parlour.......
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Any trialists