Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 1319 through away end..plus 300 in stands..
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 1319 through away end..plus 300 in stands..  (Read 5192 times)

markecky

« on: August 25, 2008, 06:03:42 PM »

If anyone is interested..

Also if you have a spare hour have a look at the disbelief on the wrexham forum that they have not beaten us.  Unlike the people at the ground, not one person has given us even  little bit of credit!

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 1319 through away end..plus 300 in stands..
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 06:14:39 PM »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 06:18:56 PM by Acton_Alty »
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

tr

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 06:16:44 PM »

Disagree I can see loads of comments about how you were the better side on the day. TBH games like today should be 3 point bankers but you raised your game out played and out thought us.

We last played on Thursday you on Saturday we should have made the two extra days rest count again fair play to your lads they even had a corner in the dying minutes when on paper it should have been the other way around

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 06:17:15 PM »

I have just wrote about that on another thread and posted the link, utter rubbish !

tr

Jono333

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 06:17:40 PM »

Did that include the stand where there was no segregation (The main stand) seemed a bit in there, i was not expecting near what we took (1619) and i think it was a good turnout.

On the match i thought you were very good, really was impressed with how strong you were and i thought you were the better team both halves and we were lucky to come away with a point! Although we were not good its taking nothing away from you as you were very good, just wished we had played to our potential, we seem to need a different set of tactics away from home me thinks.

I was speaking to one of your fans after the game and he said its the best he's seen you play for a long time! he suggested the players upped their game because of the following (typical)  ::)

Well done anyway you completely deserved the point if not more.

p.s The 12 o clock kick off was ridiculous wasn't it? Absolutely no sign of trouble anywhere??

p.p.s Thought the atmosphere was poor from us, i had to whisper at points in the game!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 06:19:54 PM »

Disagree I can see loads of comments about how you were the better side on the day. TBH games like today should be 3 point bankers but you raised your game out played and out thought us.

We last played on Thursday you on Saturday we should have made the two extra days rest count again fair play to your lads they even had a corner in the dying minutes when on paper it should have been the other way around

http://www.red-passion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33315&page=6
can't see one comment in there that says well done Alty !! Just the usual bollocks we have to put up with when the big boys come and dont collect their '3 points in the bag' !!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 06:22:05 PM »

How do you know we 'raised our game' ?? Been here with all that rubbish before... do you watch us week in week out ?

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 06:22:24 PM »

Nice Wrexham thread:

Originally Posted by noisy1
  and this was a game that we should have been winning 3 or 4 nil.

It's not our God given right to be winning 3 or 4 nil, if it was, then on the same fact we shouldn't have beat Arsenal, West Ham, Middlesboro or any teams that we've beaten that were divisions above us.

We aren't Man Utd. FFS

Let the team walk before it can run
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

Draig Wrecsam

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 06:30:34 PM »

How do you know we 'raised our game' ?? Been here with all that rubbish before... do you watch us week in week out ?

I may be be wrong, but one would assume that considering you've finished in the relegation zone the last 3 seasons and not exactly got off to a flier this season either, that you did understandably raise your game.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 06:35:19 PM »

I may be be wrong, but one would assume that considering you've finished in the relegation zone the last 3 seasons and not exactly got off to a flier this season either, that you did understandably raise your game.

Well we played alot better against Sailsbury at home last year... ;)
Oxford said the same 3 years ago, do you think we still 'raise' our game for them ? Shouldn't we have to 'raise' our game quite often then with the likes of Wrexham, York, Mansfield, Oxford and Cambridge in the league ? The players will be dizzy by next April !!!

Jenga

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 07:07:46 PM »

blackpool alty - you really are making a tit of yourself going on like this.

Calm down calm down.

Whether they praise us, slag us off, call us all the names under the sun, who cares, just chill out mate and enjoy the point we deserved.

Credit to Wrexham fans for their numbers, they were a little quiet but what a turn out from them it was great to see.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 07:10:16 PM »

Calm down calm down.

Whether they praise us, slag us off, call us all the names under the sun, who cares, just chill out mate and enjoy the point we deserved.

Credit to Wrexham fans for their numbers, they were a little quiet but what a turn out from them it was great to see.

So, i'm on one, I read their forum and got peeved off, have you never got peeved off ? Indded i'm overjoyed with a point as I said before it's 1 point more than I expected.. Rant over, going for a rest  ;)

Jenga

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 07:14:51 PM »

Calm down calm down.

So, i'm on one, I read their forum and got peeved off, have you never got peeved off ? Indded i'm overjoyed with a point as I said before it's 1 point more than I expected.. Rant over, going for a rest  ;)

Good lad, go and have beer and think our deserved point  ;D

Narcissist

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 09:58:45 PM »

Now im no genius by any means but even i can figure this one out.

On Saturday we got beaten 4-0 by Kidderminster, who aren't exactly promotion favourites, and we'd had a weeks rest. Two days later we play much fancied Wrexham in front of a full house on tired legs and get a 1-1 draw, which it sounds like was the least we deserved.

Something tells me we may have raised our game today!!!!

What was wrong with someone saying we raised our game? Of course we did, we were p1ss poor two days ago.If we didn't raise our game we'd get trounced every week.

My worry is that we have a squad who can't be bothered at Kiddy, but give it everything at home to the big boys Wrexham. With all this dreaming of sexy football at Moss Lane have we lost the fight inside us that almost kept us up last season?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team