PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Potential New Kits on Main Site
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Potential New Kits on Main Site  (Read 42336 times)

Jacko

Re: Potential New Kits on Main Site
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2011, 05:02:58 PM »

Jacko. Why is it a FACT. If you support a club and want to buy a shirt you would buy one no matter what company made it?
big teams sell millions of kits not just becuase its got their name on it!! they have trendy makes thats life, otherwise they would wear prostar wouldnt they?

62vintage

« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2011, 05:09:14 PM »

Jacko. Why is it a FACT. If you support a club and want to buy a shirt you would buy one no matter what company made it?
big teams sell millions of kits not just becuase its got their name on it!! they have trendy makes thats life, otherwise they would wear prostar wouldnt they?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I thought we were talking about our kit. But to be honest if I supported a big team I would buy the kit without worrying who made it.

Jacko

« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2011, 05:15:04 PM »

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I thought we were talking about our kit. But to be honest if I supported a big team I would buy the kit without worrying who made it.
but you'll be suprised how many people dont buy their teams kit becuase they dont like the design or who its made by,off the subject example u wouldnt see people buying gola boots no matter how good quality they were these days, its a material world unfortunatly

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2011, 05:18:09 PM »

To save any more bickering I suggest we play 'in skins'
Full time and proud of it

62vintage

« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2011, 05:24:50 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmm  we are not bickering, Jacko just does not understand that he is wrong yet. And more importantly he has yet to grasp that I am always right.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Jacko

« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2011, 05:31:37 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmm  we are not bickering, Jacko just does not understand that he is wrong yet. And more importantly he has yet to grasp that I am always right.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 
of course u are ::) :-*

bighairedmike

« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2011, 05:55:44 PM »

Thanks for that vote of confidence. As a point, the vast majority of shirts are made in Asia using the same fabrics, in fact the manufacturer I use supplies many more recognised brands.

Thats good to know, tell them we only want red and white stripes front and back and everything will be ok.
Do you do an Alty kit to fit 2-3 year old?
If you get a shirt that fits your son to Jenny at the club, I will have a replica Alty shirt produced to fit.

I will do that. Thanks very much.

I wonder if the so called better makes would offer this service. Somehow I do not think so.

If the link is there, as we have been told it is already I doubt there would be any difficulty...

joe

« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2011, 06:06:41 PM »

Thanks for that vote of confidence. As a point, the vast majority of shirts are made in Asia using the same fabrics, in fact the manufacturer I use supplies many more recognised brands.

Thats good to know, tell them we only want red and white stripes front and back and everything will be ok.
If you get a shirt that fits your son to Jenny at the club, I will have a replica Alty shirt produced to fit.

I wonder if the so called better makes would offer this service. Somehow I do not think so.
probebly not but they would still sell more....FACT

Absolute bollocks Jacko! If Prostar made the official Man Utd strip they'd sell just as many as they do now. It's about the club shirt,not who makes it!

Jacko

« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2011, 06:15:04 PM »

probebly not but they would still sell more....FACT

Absolute bollocks Jacko! If Prostar made the official Man Utd strip they'd sell just as many as they do now. It's about the club shirt,not who makes it!
joe they wouldnt sell as many tracksuits stylish merchandise etc, im sorry guys but i know im right with this, studied sports marketing as part of my marketing course and your clubs logo/sponsor is very important to your image, not that it matters as we've got prostar and thats it!!

Jacko

« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2011, 06:22:07 PM »

at the end of the day you put a nike shirt next to a prostar shirt and which do you think would sell more, i actually cant believe were having this argument ::)

62vintage

« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2011, 06:25:45 PM »

Jacko. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think you are saying that if man utd wore prostar shirts they would not sell as many as if they wore shirts made by nike or adidas?

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2011, 06:26:50 PM »

Big teams go with a kit supplier like nike because nike are prepared to pay the most. we are not in the position to have a profile where a kit maker is willing to pay us for the kits we wear and therefore we cannot just go 'yeah nike they are the one we want' we need to go 'yeak SK Kits they provide the best deal financially for a small club in the lower leagues' which after all we are

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2011, 06:30:37 PM »

at the end of the day you put a nike shirt next to a prostar shirt and which do you think would sell more, i actually cant believe were having this argument ::)

Ah yes, your famous marketing course... might have been slightly better if they'd taught you a bit of economics on it Jacko. There is indeed a branding factor in clothing but you're not applying the correct scales to your argument. A nike kit would be more expensive and while more attractive to some wouldn't necessarily result in greater income. People who buy replica Alty shirts don't treat them like I dunno Calvin Klein shirts or Hugo Boss suits or something. And you're completely disregarding EX GKs point that we have to flog a certain number to get the free playing kit.

Also, to use Manchester United as a comparison is absolute bollocks, and you know it to be fair.

Jacko

« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2011, 06:32:52 PM »

Big teams go with a kit supplier like nike because nike are prepared to pay the most. we are not in the position to have a profile where a kit maker is willing to pay us for the kits we wear and therefore we cannot just go 'yeah nike they are the one we want' we need to go 'yeak SK Kits they provide the best deal financially for a small club in the lower leagues' which after all we are
like barrow u mean. end of argument.

Jacko

« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2011, 06:37:22 PM »

Ah yes, your famous marketing course... might have been slightly better if they'd taught you a bit of economics on it Jacko. There is indeed a branding factor in clothing but you're not applying the correct scales to your argument. A nike kit would be more expensive and while more attractive to some wouldn't necessarily result in greater income. People who buy replica Alty shirts don't treat them like I dunno Calvin Klein shirts or Hugo Boss suits or something. And you're completely disregarding EX GKs point that we have to flog a certain number to get the free playing kit.

Also, to use Manchester United as a comparison is absolute bollocks, and you know it to be fair.
why do other teams around are level get big sponsors then? barrow, gateshead etc? the utd comparison isnt bollox becuase logos/image and sponsors are important at all levels, by the way this forum stinks of ignorance and blinkerdness, all people say when someone has an opinion/ideas that might upset the applecart is "bollox" and then try and undermind me personaly etc, its backward thinking
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 06:47:18 PM by Jacko »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Potential New Kits on Main Site