PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay - Match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Torquay - Match thread  (Read 37302 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Torquay - Match thread
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2016, 02:59:52 AM »

Just back, it was everything I expected it to be before embarking on a 500 miles 13 hour round trip, Torquay uniteds staying up party.
We simply aren't good enough, we huffed and puffed in the second half and has some poor luck as is the case when near the bottom but the simple fact is they were better than us. The polar difference between two clubs that have had poor seasons and a change of management couldn't have been more different. Their whole club had belief, expectation and determination. Our lot were sent back out five minutes into half time with the benny theme unfortunately playing as they came out of the tunnel to stand around for 13 minutes waiting for Torquay to reappear. Torquay signed four conference calibre free agents in the run up to deadline day, and Blissett from Bristol rovers. We got a couple of youth loans in and a couple of lads that can't get in at their conference clubs, none in the positions we were crying out for.

I'm not going sit here and castigate Neil tolson, he's a decent guy and has the self belief he could keep the team up, that's going to take a strange run of results to happen now. Wether we stay up or go down. I'd like a full and frank review of transfer/ scouting policy because I'd like to know how on earth we've ended up with some of the personal we have or in two cases haven't that arrive in the summer.

Don't anyone pat me on the back for going, it was my choice, one last thing I will say I'm sick of the sight of seeing five years of not showing up mentally for key games and inability to beat the first man with a corner or a free kick. Sam heathcote best player on the park tonight. Root and branch job come April 31st for me.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2016, 08:35:56 AM »

We had no belief,Torquay always seemed to win the second ball,either by luck or skill.both Daimian and Josh were getting very fustrated.Agree Sam had a good game and by the end he looked knackered.But when you dont get the clear cut decisions your heads start to drop.I watched Reeves after their second goal,he played up hell with the linesman for not giving the freekick to Alty.Its little things that change the game and Torquay got most of the little things going their way,we did not,either ref.decisions or the 50/50 balls.I did think the worse alty player last night was Ranks,i dont know why,but when you play with 1 forward you need him up in the centre,but he was out on the wings most of the time,he chased and harried though like the rest of the ream.At times they looked good at others it was dreadful.
Yes i do live near Exeter and get to the games down here(or in this seasons case,game),my last match was at home to Woking and after that game i was hoping,more of the same please.I started watching Alty in 1963/64 season so to see the team like this really hurts.
Harold

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2016, 08:42:41 AM »

Fair play on making that long trip on a Tuesday evening Hornswoggle. Shame the players cannot show the dedication you did.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2016, 09:13:54 AM »

I actually feel strangely relieved this morning that this season of humiliation and depression is over.
I just hope we can keep hold of Damian, Sean and Nicky for next season

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2016, 09:35:09 AM »

We can still get 50 points it won't be over until next Saturday

bumble

« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2016, 11:21:09 AM »

I actually feel strangely relieved this morning that this season of humiliation and depression is over.

And Deasy, and moult.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2016, 11:40:22 AM »

And Deasy, and moult.

Probabaly Leather too, still young

brian1925

« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2016, 12:02:37 PM »

With the injured players back, we'd be a force in the northern league for sure. We'll have to make cuts to the playing budget, but that should be fairly easy with O'Keefe, Crowther, Phillips and one of the keepers departing (I don't think we'd notice any difference). It's unlikely that both Reeves and Rankine will stay, so we'll need another striker (Wally?) The job will be to convince Tim, Dens, Griff, Scott, Luca, Masha, Jake, Si, Nicky and Reevesy to stay (plus, I've heard Gino would like to stay next year). I'm sure the board are on to it - at least I hope they are!

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2016, 12:19:22 PM »

With the injured players back, we'd be a force in the northern league for sure. We'll have to make cuts to the playing budget, but that should be fairly easy with O'Keefe, Crowther, Phillips and one of the keepers departing (I don't think we'd notice any difference). It's unlikely that both Reeves and Rankine will stay, so we'll need another striker (Wally?) The job will be to convince Tim, Dens, Griff, Scott, Luca, Masha, Jake, Si, Nicky and Reevesy to stay (plus, I've heard Gino would like to stay next year). I'm sure the board are on to it - at least I hope they are!

Id keep Tim Deasey, Dens, Luca, Leather, Moult, Clee and potentially Reeves if he takes a massive pay cut. Whilst Rankine is no donkey, id let him go. Griffin, Id invite back to pre season on the condition that he gets himself physically fit. Simon Richman is a cracking athlete, but cant pass a ball accurately. Crowther, Lawrie, O'Keefe and Masha id let go too.

GB Alty

« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2016, 12:43:34 PM »

The only ones I would Keep are Moult, Densmore, Reeves and Deasy, the rest aren't good enough or in Clee's case career ended due to  injury

bumble

« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2016, 12:53:09 PM »

And Deasy, and moult.

Probabaly Leather too, still young

and heathcote

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2016, 12:59:13 PM »

Heathcote is alresdy signed
Full time and proud of it

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2016, 01:03:57 PM »

I think Densmore Heathcote and Moult are all contracted for next or part of next season

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2016, 01:18:10 PM »

I'm not going sit here and castigate Neil tolson, he's a decent guy and has the self belief he could keep the team up
, that's going to take a strange run of results to happen now.

Wether we stay up or go down. I'd like a full and frank review of transfer/ scouting policy because I'd like to know how on earth we've ended up with some of the personal we have or in two cases haven't that arrive in the summer.

Don't anyone pat me on the back for going, it was my choice, one last thing I will say I'm sick of the sight of seeing five years of not showing up mentally for key games and inability to beat the first man with a corner or a free kick. Sam heathcote best player on the park tonight. Root and branch job come April 31st for me.

Tolson may well be a "decent guy" for all I know but, to use one of your own favourite phrases: "It's a football match, not a tea dance"...!

And he's certainly never convinced me that he has the self-belief to keep us in this division.

His Radio Manchester interview on the eve of his first game in charge at Barrow hardly sounded like a man of conviction and hasn't he previously stated that he regards himself as a No. 2 rather than a manager?

In the entirely predictable absence of the chairman taking any sort of decisive action today, Tolson should demonstrate his proclaimed love for the club by conceding that the job is beyond him and standing down in order to allow someone else to attempt CPR on the team for the crucial three remaining fixtures.

P.S. You'll wait a long time for a 31st April....!

« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 01:24:45 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2016, 01:28:14 PM »

I think that's what was most dispiriting. You'd be absolutely clueless to think that the manner NT was given the job didn't filter down to the players.

Moreover, he (we) haven't even talked a good game. For 6 weeks now teams in the bottom half have circled us as an absolute priority 3 points, even Kidderminster, and we've done absolutely nothing on or off the pitch to change that. Last night being a prime example.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay - Match thread