PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay - Match thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Torquay - Match thread  (Read 37193 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Torquay - Match thread
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2016, 01:40:50 PM »

I'm not going sit here and castigate Neil tolson, he's a decent guy and has the self belief he could keep the team up
, that's going to take a strange run of results to happen now.

Wether we stay up or go down. I'd like a full and frank review of transfer/ scouting policy because I'd like to know how on earth we've ended up with some of the personal we have or in two cases haven't that arrive in the summer.

Don't anyone pat me on the back for going, it was my choice, one last thing I will say I'm sick of the sight of seeing five years of not showing up mentally for key games and inability to beat the first man with a corner or a free kick. Sam heathcote best player on the park tonight. Root and branch job come April 31st for me.

Tolson may well be a "decent guy" for all I know but, to use one of your own favourite phrases: "It's a football match, not a tea dance"...!

And he's certainly never convinced me that he has the self-belief to keep us in this division.

His Radio Manchester interview on the eve of his first game in charge at Barrow hardly sounded like a man of conviction and hasn't he previously stated that he regards himself as a No. 2 rather than a manager?

In the entirely predictable absence of the chairman taking any sort of decisive action today, Tolson should demonstrate his proclaimed love for the club by conceding that the job is beyond him and standing down in order to allow someone else to attempt CPR on the team for the crucial three remaining fixtures.

P.S. You'll wait a long time for a 31st April....!

Ha ha, give me a break on the date I didn't get in til 3am I don't know what day it is never mind date :)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Torquay - Match thread
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2016, 01:47:15 PM »

I think that's what was most dispiriting. You'd be absolutely clueless to think that the manner NT was given the job didn't filter down to the players.

Moreover, he (we) haven't even talked a good game. For 6 weeks now teams in the bottom half have circled us as an absolute priority 3 points, even Kidderminster, and we've done absolutely nothing on or off the pitch to change that. Last night being a prime example.

Fully agree that the message filtered down that everything was OK, which 11 wins in the Calendar shows it clearly isn't. And I also agree with the cults assertion that someone else should have a go for these last three games. Put it to tender, £10,000 to keep the team up. I'm sure we'd all throw a tenner in if it came to pass

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay - Match thread