PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Remaining fixtures
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Remaining fixtures  (Read 35240 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Remaining fixtures
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2013, 07:47:11 PM »

Gainsboro's last 6 look comfortable compared to our's

After their next 5 games against Worcester, Chester, brackley, guiseley and harrogate they'll need a telescope to see us!  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

JDN

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2013, 08:23:43 PM »

We need Halifax to thrash Harrogate on Tuesday.....
do we?

JDN

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2013, 08:33:30 PM »

I think we will need more than 73 points to be honest.
disagree

73 sounds about right

And think we will do it

Indeed it would be a poor show if we can't get 16 points from 10 games

Gainsborough f**ked

Jimmy

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2013, 09:01:56 PM »

JDN

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2013, 09:07:49 PM »

bighairedmike

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2013, 09:10:50 PM »

We need Halifax to thrash Harrogate on Tuesday.....
do we?
It would help
we given up on coming 3rd or 4th?

3rd, yes. 4th, no. I think we'll catch Brackley. And it will be between them and Harrogate for 5th. Halifax will finish 3rd.

Jimmy

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2013, 09:13:06 PM »

I reckon we will get 74 be more than enough don't think we will come higher than 5th so I'd prefer a Halifax win in the Harrogate game

Jimmy

« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2013, 09:17:22 PM »

I don't see much evidence of brackley tailing off but hope your right

RocketDan

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2013, 09:17:52 PM »

with 10 games left this is how i see it:

Four wins against teams in the bottom half - Worcester (H), Bishop Stortford (H), Droylsden (H), Hinkley (A) - is an absolute must. 12 points from these games would put us on 69 points.

From the other six games - Chester (A), Guiseley (A), Halifax (H & A), Vauxhall (H), Bradford PA (A) - 5 points should be enough (73 in total), although I reckon we could muster 8 points (2 wins, 2 draw, 2 loss) to finish the season on 77, which baring a miracle would be enough to see us in the play-offs.

I'm not too worried how Gainsborough and Harrogate do, they are bound to slip up at some point, and don't have the luxury of easy games against Droylsden and Hinkley. We really can't afford to slip up agains teams in the bottom half, and I think we may have to remain undefeated at home for the rest of the season. It's a big ask, but it's in our own hand.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2013, 09:31:47 PM »

with 10 games left this is how i see it:

Four wins against teams in the bottom half - Worcester (H), Bishop Stortford (H), Droylsden (H), Hinkley (A) - is an absolute must. 12 points from these games would put us on 69 points.

From the other six games - Chester (A), Guiseley (A), Halifax (H & A), Vauxhall (H), Bradford PA (A) - 5 points should be enough (73 in total), although I reckon we could muster 8 points (2 wins, 2 draw, 2 loss) to finish the season on 77, which baring a miracle would be enough to see us in the play-offs.

I'm not too worried how Gainsborough and Harrogate do, they are bound to slip up at some point, and don't have the luxury of easy games against Droylsden and Hinkley. We really can't afford to slip up agains teams in the bottom half, and I think we may have to remain undefeated at home for the rest of the season. It's a big ask, but it's in our own hand.

we have the best strike force in the league so should do it

Jenga

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2013, 09:37:13 PM »

Assuming we make the play offs i would prefer to play Brackley and leave say Halifax with Guiseley.

Jimmy

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2013, 09:45:51 PM »

I'd agree jenga

York Alty

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2013, 11:55:27 AM »

Assuming we make the play offs i would prefer to play Brackley and leave say Halifax with Guiseley.

100% agreement.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2013, 08:28:10 PM »

Although I agree too, I can't see how that's going to happen as Guiseley will finish second and Halifax will certainly finish higher than fifth. We'll be playing one of those two in the semi (if we qualify!).
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

bighairedmike

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2013, 08:30:51 PM »

Although I agree too, I can't see how that's going to happen as Guiseley will finish second and Halifax will certainly finish higher than fifth. We'll be playing one of those two in the semi (if we qualify!).

Whilst I agree that I'd rather play Brackley in the semi-final when  ;) we qualify, in the end it is all immaterial really. We'll still have to play and beat 2 of the 3 anyway to gain promotion, so it doesnt really matter whether that is at the final or semi-final stage.  :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Remaining fixtures