PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Updated "Radio Robins" Here: www.paradox-computers.com/radiorobins/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: New Updated "Radio Robins" Here: www.paradox-computers.com/radiorobins/  (Read 37962 times)

RobertONeill

NEW UPDATES!!!

INSTANT TEXT CHAT AND VIDEO CHAT!

WE CAN ADD USTREAM VIDEO IF WE FEEL BRAVE

http://www.paradox-computers.com/radiorobins/
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:46:07 PM by RobertONeill »

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: NEW UPDATED RADIOROBINS ON ITS WAY!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 12:01:04 AM »

that looks really cool, well done  :)
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 12:18:21 AM »

how good is that??

excellent work by the techy boffins.

what can I say other than THANK YOU

altytony1

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 12:29:00 AM »

Looks good that Bob

bumble

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 07:23:49 AM »

Well done Robert, another thing we can be proud of - it's been said before, but despite going down we are making big steps
But plllleaaase get rid of the broadcasting tower ive never liked - but apart from that rob it's brilliant!

Perhaps a link to the alty site/forum/twitter/ - ooh what about a big scoreboard showing the score? - the same size as the Mansfield one should be big enough

Perhaps putting a videos page (saves people going through YouTube)?

Something else I'd thought of is if we aren't charging for listeners, that we could nominate a charity? It couldn't hurt to give them a mention a few times on air and have a little info plus a link

York Alty

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 09:19:11 AM »

gut instinct is always to help a charity, but it can get very messy.  Which charity? Heath charities get a good write-up until somebody mentions animal testing at which point it starts getting divisive.  Posho public schools are charities but I'd not give them a penny.  I'm not saying it's a poor idea, just that it would need a very careful choice of charity.

Ta

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 11:27:07 AM »

I appologise in advance if any of this comes off as being a bit harsh...

If one of my team came to me and offered this up for a client I would throw it back in their face and tell them to start again.

The site has rounded edges with a random black squared edge in firefox, squared edges with a red border in IE, just rounded borders in safari, and i stopped before i got to chrome.
to remidy this you may want to take advantage of a javascript library such as curvycorners.js http://www.curvycorners.net/ there is also the webkit and moz library corner mods.

the radio robins logo is awesome, we should work with that and the font used there, never have a multitude of fonts on a page as it clashes, in the same way that colours can clash. Who made the original logo? can they provide a copy of the ont and the robin on his own in a high res format?

you may not be able to see but the radio robins logo has the slightest shade of light blue as the background, you should possibly remove this so it is pure white like the background of the site.

the beacon is a slightly distorted image, and as jack said i'm not a fan full stop either. 

be care ful with the different music program icons, again they seem to have their size dictated in the html rather than being optimised in an image editing suite.

and while i'm on the subject of the source code, don't do css edits in the html code when you have a css file attatched. really bad practice mate.

Now Positives, if you are still reading by now i commend you!

The red and white background is cool, and the chat function is a brilliant idea! i'm sick of having to constantly refresh the forum when sat dieing to know whats going on at the games!!

Sorry if this seems like i'm sh*tting on your parade but i know when i first started out making websites the only way i learned to get better was by getting slated for the tiny things.

If you need a hand with anything feel free to fire a pm over to me... or alternatively send me a massive f**k you  :P

Hamilton

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 11:54:07 AM »

On the plus side they do start their sentences with capital letters!

The updated RR looks good to me!

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 11:56:51 AM »

That cut deep ;)

i do pretty pictures not pretty text

daleyjock

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 12:16:11 PM »

I appologise in advance if any of this comes off as being a bit harsh...

If one of my team came to me and offered this up for a client I would throw it back in their face and tell them to start again.

The site has rounded edges with a random black squared edge in firefox, squared edges with a red border in IE, just rounded borders in safari, and i stopped before i got to chrome.
to remidy this you may want to take advantage of a javascript library such as curvycorners.js http://www.curvycorners.net/ there is also the webkit and moz library corner mods.

the radio robins logo is awesome, we should work with that and the font used there, never have a multitude of fonts on a page as it clashes, in the same way that colours can clash. Who made the original logo? can they provide a copy of the ont and the robin on his own in a high res format?

you may not be able to see but the radio robins logo has the slightest shade of light blue as the background, you should possibly remove this so it is pure white like the background of the site.

the beacon is a slightly distorted image, and as jack said i'm not a fan full stop either. 

be care ful with the different music program icons, again they seem to have their size dictated in the html rather than being optimised in an image editing suite.

and while i'm on the subject of the source code, don't do css edits in the html code when you have a css file attatched. really bad practice mate.

Now Positives, if you are still reading by now i commend you!

The red and white background is cool, and the chat function is a brilliant idea! i'm sick of having to constantly refresh the forum when sat dieing to know whats going on at the games!!

Sorry if this seems like i'm sh*tting on your parade but i know when i first started out making websites the only way i learned to get better was by getting slated for the tiny things.

If you need a hand with anything feel free to fire a pm over to me... or alternatively send me a massive f**k you  :P
this may sound a bit harsh but you sound like a right T**t

Hamilton

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 12:26:09 PM »

That cut deep ;)

i do pretty pictures not pretty text

;)

RobertONeill

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 01:00:11 PM »

I can remove the rounded corners if you like.

The website is designed for Google Chrome.

Do you know what a draft is?

Regards.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 01:04:17 PM »

I can remove the rounded corners if you like.

The website is designed for Google Chrome.

Do you know what a draft is?

Regards.

yes thats why i pointed these things out, its better now than once its live surely?

also, chrome has about 10% market share of browsers in the UK, its kinda like saying i wrote the sun in polish for polish readers. if 90% don't read it right the news isn't shared properly.

I like rounded corners, I shared the link so you could enable them in other browsers :)

RobertONeill

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 01:35:37 PM »

Yes no problem.
Remember I do this in free time as hobby.

We dont want any Javascript on our website.

It would be better if we actually make the corners as pictures with a table frame. 
This way it will work with all browsers without JAVA.

Please note that it is only a draft and it will get updated as time go's on.

Thankyou very much for helping me maybe you could have the files and help towards too?

I will send you a RAR file of the website and you can edit it and send it me back?

Regards,

Robert.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 01:57:14 PM »

Yes no problem.
Remember I do this in free time as hobby.

We dont want any Javascript on our website.

It would be better if we actually make the corners as pictures with a table frame. 
This way it will work with all browsers without JAVA.

Please note that it is only a draft and it will get updated as time go's on.

Thankyou very much for helping me maybe you could have the files and help towards too?

I will send you a RAR file of the website and you can edit it and send it me back?

Regards,

Robert.
you could use a table to make the corners but i would say that it is quite a depricated method of doing things. I like the border you have put on it now, it helps when the window is resezed to show the main areas boundaries.

if you want me to size the images for you that is no problem at all, I pretty much live on photoshop. My life has no meaning other than work and alty :(

I started out doing websites as a hobby and it turned very quickly into a pretty damn profitable career opurtunity :)

Can i ask why you don't want to use javascript?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New Updated "Radio Robins" Here: www.paradox-computers.com/radiorobins/