PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gainsborough Trinity - Match thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Gainsborough Trinity - Match thread  (Read 17468 times)

finnquark

Re: Gainsborough Trinity - Match thread
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2017, 03:46:36 PM »

How embarrassing could this be today? I just want to season to finish. Please.

Finish? According to Doughty, the season starts today.

I understand that the manager has to be positive, but things like this just make me squirm even more. The main emotion is embarrassment, isn't it, this year? And our next six games are Chorley, Brackley, Fylde, Fax, Darlington and Harrogate. Can you imagine?

Jezza

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2017, 03:52:39 PM »

Im at a total loss as to why someone who assisted in our relegation and the 2nd 10 game disastrous run is seen as the man to turn things around....2-0 down after 9 mins...really dont think the players are being sent out with correct message in their ears.

Cant believe the damage ny has done...the club is infected...sorry the 1st team is completely infected...good job the club is thriving

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2017, 03:54:42 PM »

Same problem as all season. You could have a different manager every match and we'd still have no centre backs.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2017, 04:01:07 PM »

Probably need to stop kidding ourselves that things are any better under Doughty.

I don't think many fans are kidding themselves,it's just the board.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2017, 05:29:39 PM »

Im at a total loss as to why someone who assisted in our relegation and the 2nd 10 game disastrous run is seen as the man to turn things around....2-0 down after 9 mins...really dont think the players are being sent out with correct message in their ears.

Cant believe the damage ny has done...the club is infected...sorry the 1st team is completely infected...good job the club is thriving

I think we're at the point now where the blame cannot be put anywhere other than the players. I think it would be a bit unfair to shift it to doughty.

Anyway the first 10 minutes killed us today. Absolutely appalling start followed by an all out assault on Gainsborough's 18 yard box with little end product until sheer force got us over the line with 10 or so to go, and even then it was a scramble.

I thought Taylor was very assured for his first match in this league and would hope to hold on to him for next season based off that where he should thrive.
Clee again was very good
New lad up front very lively but probably should have scored at least one.

It's all academic now anyway. If you can't beat a team 2 places above you in the relegation zone at home then it's all but over with the points total we have. I think Gainsborough were the worst team I've seen us play so far this season as well but if you gift wrap 3 goals for any side which we did today you're not going to win anything.

dunhamalty

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2017, 06:00:36 PM »

Today cannot be blamed on the management team. 3 individual mistakes cost us. Apart from the first 10 minutes we actually played okay.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2017, 06:01:07 PM »

Despite us not having an "R" against our name in the league table, we have been a 'racing certainty' for relegation since Boxing day and hopefully have been making preparations for an assault on the glue sniffers league ever since
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2017, 06:08:33 PM »

Dunham
Between them having scored two and them having ten men, I don't think we scored did we
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2017, 06:26:29 PM »

Today cannot be blamed on the management team. 3 individual mistakes cost us. Apart from the first 10 minutes we actually played okay.

Really??

Birkonian

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2017, 06:30:13 PM »

Same problem as all season. You could have a different manager every match and we'd still have no centre backs.
[/quote

Hannigan was excellent today as he was last week. Won every header. Can't cover for everyone.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 06:33:19 PM by Birkonian »

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2017, 06:31:27 PM »

Can i borrow your rose tinted glasses please. That first 70 minutes was a disgrace
Come on you red and white........

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2017, 06:49:24 PM »

Agree that Hannigan can't cover for everyone, but he did look more comfortable at left back imo. If the management are going to play Heathcote, he should definitely play at centre back. But we are still short of a tall, commanding presence at the back.
We are down now, but if we want to play for pride, the management need to go a begging league clubs for the missing centre back on loan. We'll continue to concede 3 goals a game otherwise.

arnald

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2017, 06:50:16 PM »

Can i borrow your rose tinted glasses please. That first 70 minutes was a disgrace
f**k off alty

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2017, 07:00:28 PM »

f**k off alty
are you talking to me?
Come on you red and white........

taxi Phil

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2017, 07:00:54 PM »

First game for 3 months today. We actually looked worse than when I last saw us. Saving myself now for the visit of Halesowen Town come August.

Gainsborough were also piss poor.....we'll probably see them again next year.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gainsborough Trinity - Match thread