Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FC United Fans Reckon Vics Have Fiddled the Gate...

Author Topic: FC United Fans Reckon Vics Have Fiddled the Gate...  (Read 3501 times)

markecky

« on: October 25, 2009, 02:20:07 AM »

Surely such an allegation could not be levelled at the most corrupt club in Cheshire?

"I spoke to the head police guy after the game who was recovering from the physical treatment given to his men and well pissed off.

I asked him about his opinion about the crowd size today. He said he was really concerned that it had been reported as 2,600. He confirmed his concerns about the size of the crowd will be included in his Official report today. He confirmed the Police have a duty to assist in reporting suspicions of VAt and tax fraud which can sometimes (in appropriate circumstances) be a criminal offence. This could be followed up and if it turns out his concern is actually included in the report then this should be passed to the FA for further investigation.

Separately I was witness to someone - a mature adult FCUM supporter - who reported being sold a child's ticket today. Hopefully that person will come on here and recount the story personally and his recolllections of how many other childs tickets were being sold to adults, yet being charged full price.

Ask anyone there today, they will not have failed to notice that their ticket stubs and tickets for seating (which is where I was) were unnumbered. Was this the same in the standing section? The scope FOR POTENTIAL abuse in those circumstances is unlimited, yet can be tempered by a concerted effort by those present to count the faces in the crowd. If there were really only 2,600 there today then this will not be as onerous as if there were 3200. Any photos and volunteers to count them?"

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FC United Fans Reckon Vics Have Fiddled the Gate...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 08:58:07 AM »

Interesting read from the Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/24/fa-cup

This gave me a little chuclke

The arrival of FCUM swelled the crowd to 2.615, the largest since Rush assumed control, and Northwich played enough decent football maybe to tempt back a few casual fans. The decision to segregate the supporters, though, caused a few problems with the half-time raffle. "Come and see me in the main stand for the winning ticket,'' said the PA announcer. "But maybe you can't get to me because of segregation. Bring a steward.''
@AltyDaz

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 10:22:40 AM »

Sounds to me like an FCUM supporter struggling to come to terms with the fact they are only as popular as Mansfield Town.

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 10:27:00 AM »

I've suddenly had a nightmare about Vics being expelled from the FA Cup. Normally, this would give me tremendous pleasure - but not if it meant FSCUM were reinstated.

Then again, they could get Leeds away, where their pit bull element would be well and truly squashed into the dirt.

Whichever of the wonder clubs survives, let's just hope they get a thoroughly evil draw, and a good thrashing.

Sour Grapes

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 11:24:50 AM »

Sounds to me like an FCUM supporter struggling to come to terms with the fact they are only as popular as Mansfield Town.

Very pleasant comment, how are your grapes today? Not got any sweeter?
I went with an open mind about your lot yesterday. Those that attended were great with their respect of a minutes silence, got behind their team well at times, without them deserving it!

As for your manager, well he looked a pub team boss yesterday, his behaviour was frankly pathetic, before during and after the game. It was a bit strange as your team lacked passion, committment and skill. Then when 3-0 down resorted to thuggery, thats not me trying to heap misery on you, just how I saw it. Perhaps if they'd shown some of that in a more tempered way before then you might have competed.
The response of the guy substituted on the half hour summed up the respect your manager commands....very little.

markecky

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 11:47:56 AM »

Very pleasant comment, how are your grapes today? Not got any sweeter?
I went with an open mind about your lot yesterday. Those that attended were great with their respect of a minutes silence, got behind their team well at times, without them deserving it!

As for your manager, well he looked a pub team boss yesterday, his behaviour was frankly pathetic, before during and after the game. It was a bit strange as your team lacked passion, committment and skill. Then when 3-0 down resorted to thuggery, thats not me trying to heap misery on you, just how I saw it. Perhaps if they'd shown some of that in a more tempered way before then you might have competed.
The response of the guy substituted on the half hour summed up the respect your manager commands....very little.

Could you come back in January?  There are no sour grapes that I can see.  Just people saying how terrible we were.

Graham

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 02:37:06 PM »

Happy with the 1st round draw?  ;D

markecky

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 02:50:40 PM »

Happy with the 1st round draw?  ;D

Not paid much attention to it as we're not in it.

Happy with FC United plans to count the crowd from pictures?

Imagine becoming the first team ever to be charged with fixing an attendance and pocketing the money?

Graham

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 04:19:36 PM »

"We've been in non-league for less than 5 years but even we know not to believe a single word that's written on the Alty forum.  The first time we played at your place (v Winsford) the crowd was 2,200. The main stand was pretty much full that night, with a few behind the goals at either end and a few in the seats. Yesterday looked pretty similar to that - main stand a bit more tightly packed than I remember and no-one behind the far goal. Thinking on it 2,600 ish sounds about right.

Can't comment on any ticket issues - I got my £12 terrace tickets from the portacabin at 12-30, no problem. It was better organised than some places we've been (naming no names)."

The above is a quote from a FCUM fan..

Seems like a sensible chap.

markecky

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 04:44:22 PM »

So the bloke I was quoting had been talking to the chief of Police.  The bloke you are quoting doesn't like Alty.

I'm merely saying how amusing it would be if it were true. Its a break from the Mansfield tedium and cheering me up on this dull day.

Narcissist

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 07:57:37 AM »

Surely such an allegation could not be levelled at the most corrupt club in Cheshire?

"I spoke to the head police guy after the game who was recovering from the physical treatment given to his men and well pissed off.

Did anyone else pick up on this part? Seems like FCUM or Vics were behaving in their usual family friendly way.

Personally I would rather see FCUM in the draw than Vics. I couldnt really care less about FCUM, Im pretty sure the bubble will burst eventually, if it doesnt then who cares. You cant create a rival overnight and vics have been hated by us for years. I was gutted yesterday seeing them in the draw and not us. I was feeling rather disenfranchised after reading everyones reports on the forum!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team