PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A Stags fans perspective
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A Stags fans perspective  (Read 4639 times)

Stoney

A Stags fans perspective
« on: October 24, 2009, 06:46:14 PM »

I'm sick of all the sh*t that's been going off between the two clubs now tbh, a few have behaved like absolute idiots the past couple of weeks (Heathcoate and our chairman to name two) and Heathcoate made himself look a right idiot again today shouting 'F off' to the Stags fans prior to the game and at half time today. I hope the Alty fans don't have a bad view of the Stags fans after all this but I wouldn't be surprised to see us have a bit of a bad rep with your lot now.

Firstly about today, your fans at the start of the game were a credit to your club. We had a minutes silence for our assistant manager who was with us when we won the cup in 1987, it was perfectly observed by every one of the Alty supporters!

I thought we dominated the match from start to finish and never really got into top gear. Alty played some nice football but were lacking in the final third, Burns was alright but lost his cool after it was clear Alty would get nowt from the game. You were twice as good at ML when you had 9 men to how you played today. Coburn was awful today again btw, he didn't have a chance with the first goal as Duffy expertly headed it home but for the second he just messed about with it too much. As for the third it took a deflection and whether that put him off I'm not sure but maybe he could've done a little better.

Best of luck for rest of the season, until you come back to the mill for another beating like.  ;)

Edit: From where I was sitting Kearney deserved his red, he was about a second late on a challenge and it was extremely high. Not as clear cut as Senior's red card the other week but definitely deserved, he was clearly frustrated and Burns was lucky to stay on the pitch too as he got a bit rash towards the end.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 06:48:27 PM by Stoney »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: A Stags fans perspective
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 07:21:14 PM »

I'm just glad this game is behind us now irrespective of the result.

Good luck in the next round.
Come on Alty!

Stoney

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 07:26:18 PM »

You've played some decent stuff in both the games I've seen you play in and you'll give someone a very good beating soon IMO.

Thankyou.

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 10:51:41 PM »

Yup, the peculiar 'instant rivallry' is completely unnecesary. If there is any real animosity I'd say it's more between the two managers than the fans.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

stagdale

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 10:56:30 PM »

couldnt agree more thought u alty fans was superb today just a shame ur manager drags ur club down!!

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 11:43:37 PM »

couldnt agree more thought u alty fans was superb today just a shame ur manager drags ur club down!!

I think most Alty fans would say the same about your manager  :D
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

Altyroo

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 01:47:15 AM »

Alty fans are Alty fans. We behave and respect other clubs when we are away.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 01:25:01 AM »

no rivalry wit alty and stags lets keep it that way , all best in next round

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 10:44:27 AM »

I'm sick of all the sh*t that's been going off between the two clubs now tbh, a few have behaved like absolute idiots the past couple of weeks (Heathcoate and our chairman to name two) and Heathcoate made himself look a right idiot again today shouting 'F off' to the Stags fans prior to the game and at half time today. I hope the Alty fans don't have a bad view of the Stags fans after all this but I wouldn't be surprised to see us have a bit of a bad rep with your lot now.

Firstly about today, your fans at the start of the game were a credit to your club. We had a minutes silence for our assistant manager who was with us when we won the cup in 1987, it was perfectly observed by every one of the Alty supporters!

I thought we dominated the match from start to finish and never really got into top gear. Alty played some nice football but were lacking in the final third, Burns was alright but lost his cool after it was clear Alty would get nowt from the game. You were twice as good at ML when you had 9 men to how you played today. Coburn was awful today again btw, he didn't have a chance with the first goal as Duffy expertly headed it home but for the second he just messed about with it too much. As for the third it took a deflection and whether that put him off I'm not sure but maybe he could've done a little better.

Best of luck for rest of the season, until you come back to the mill for another beating like.  ;)

Edit: From where I was sitting Kearney deserved his red, he was about a second late on a challenge and it was extremely high. Not as clear cut as Senior's red card the other week but definitely deserved, he was clearly frustrated and Burns was lucky to stay on the pitch too as he got a bit rash towards the end.

90% Disagree.

4.3% certain I know where you are coming from.

yellowswoop

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 10:54:54 AM »

Good, because it wasn't aimed at you.

ALTYGAL

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 11:40:39 AM »

LET'S LEAVE IT ALL BEHIND NOW AND MOVE ON ALTY DIDN'T PLAY THEIR BEST FOTTBALL AND MANSFIELD WEREN'T BRILLIANT BUT GAME OVER NOW ! BESIDES IF IT GET'S YELLOWSWOOP AND STEVESTAG OFF THESES PAGES I'LL BE HAPPY !!!!!! STONEY YOU'RE OK

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 12:13:20 PM »

Tedious now lets move on.

yellowswoop

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2009, 01:11:05 PM »

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompetitions/TheFACup/NewsAndFeatures/2009/MansfieldAltrincham_report.aspx Highlights.

There will be  one which will be around 7-9 minutes long and give you a good idea of the game, should be on Mansfieldtown.net sometime tomorrow.

markecky

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2009, 01:13:06 PM »

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompetitions/TheFACup/NewsAndFeatures/2009/MansfieldAltrincham_report.aspx Highlights.

There will be  one which will be around 7-9 minutes long and give you a good idea of the game, should be on Mansfieldtown.net sometime tomorrow.

Are you stupid?  Why would we want to watch that again?

Please leave us alone now. I am sure there are other teams in the league other than you.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2009, 01:51:02 PM »

The sad thing is we have to go to Mansfield again this season and probably next season, as due to so many injuries and suspensions I cnat see us going up this season.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A Stags fans perspective